Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-Jay-

The Scheibner Laser!

Hi maya

Thanks for the wishes. At thi spoint i would say the improvement is around 10%. Its hard to believe that red marks will go away in 4-5 months after the treatment without using anything else. But thats what Dr.S told me. I am very skeptical about it though....I haven talked to her after the treatment...i will call her in a week......

Sure....But at this point looking at my skin, i wouldnt advise anyoen to fly all the way....i dont think its worth it.....

Its hard to believe that red marks will go away in 4-5 months after the treatment without using anything else. But thats what Dr.S told me. I am very skeptical about it though....I haven talked to her after the treatment...i will call her in a week......

Thats true. Pk and i are the only ones who had this treatment and i am starting to think maybe its all hype.....i dont know......lets gie it 4 months....maybe guys in australia can afford it......she charged me 2000$ and the next will be around 1000$.....Lets wait and see

Well it was 1300 for both sides of the face and another 300 for the forehead( she just did it for 3-4 minutes in the forehead area)......and then i had to buy 2 cleeansers, gel, cream, sunblock and comfrey lotion from her which was another 300$.....

I talked to PK about this today. She is of course rather disappointed with the fact that she didn't get better results from her treatment. However, she says that while she was in Australia Dr. S. introduced her to patients who were in their 40's and 50's who had the skin of 20 year olds. She says it was utterly unbelievable. Now we all know that a wrinkle is much easier to treat than a scar, but PK said that virtually everyone Dr. S. has working for her is a former patient, many being scar patients. Also, when PK first started on the quest to obtain treatment from Dr. S. she met with a former patient who stated that she had literally had holes all over her face from a botched laser treatment. Dr. S.'s treatment made her skin whole again and the woman was beautiful.

What I am saying in a round about way is that I can certainly understand the trepidation that PK and Dim are feeling, but in all fairness until Dr. S. has said she has done all she can it isn't really fair to say her treatments don't work. I believe Dr. S. told both PK and Dim that they would require about three treatments, if I am not mistaken. It is a heck of a lot of money, factoring in travel costs, so what I would do is see how PK and Dim fair and then assess.

My personal opinion is that no laser is ever going to give anyone 100% skin perfection. That miracle will likely come with stem cell treatments, and growth factors and that is a few years off. This is just my opinion.

Anna

Can I ask a question to those who have met Dr Schebiner? Does she say that with her laser method, scras can be reversed 100%? I live in Japan, and thinking about getting treated by Dr Schebiner. She sent me an email saying that they have had great success also on asian skin. So I am going for it!!!

there is a war going on on voy forusm about Dr.S's treatment.....

Cubsfan,

Any improvemnets in your red marks?? Dr.S told me that if you get a ligh tpass of that laser every month, after few months you wont have any more breakouts......i should have stayed long....actuakkly i asked her 5-6 times before i booked my ticket...she said 5-6 days would be enough....But it took more than 7-8 days for the scabs to come off and because of the treatment i had a minor breakout which kind of reduced the results.....i would advice anyone who is considering this treatment to stay there for 2 weeks and get her treatment several times during the secod week.......

Dim said that she paid $2000.00 dollars for treatment at Dr Scheibners clinic?

Wow that is very, very expensive compared to other clinics in Australia.

I live in Sydney and there is a clinic in the city, but I forget its name and the doctors there are very skilled and experienced with all the lasers and they do not charge anywhere near that.

Somehow I think accommodation and phone calls have been paid.

All the best anyways.

U

Its not very expensive if you live in sydney(the treatment was only 1500+ without the products and th enext will be half of it)......but for those of us who live in US it is beause of other expenses (accomodation + air travel).....if Dr.S opens a clinic here in US i would recommend her treatment but i wouldnt recommend this(at this point....i may change my opinion if i see much better results than what i am seeing now) for the rest.......but thats just my opinion.......

I just thought i should give an update....my improvement in the last month is now gone with the breakout that i had from laser treatment....in fact my face looks worse than before and there is no improvemnt in my skin tone or red marks.....

Cusfan,

next time you visit Dr.Della, would you ask her if i could use a cream that has 2% lactic acid everyday on the treated area?

...in fact my face looks worse than before and there is no improvemnt in my skin tone or red marks.....

Gezzz u know what i sent an e mail to her and her response was like okay 7000 for the entire face and 5000 fore my forehead only ( dun know if it is in australian dollars or in US dollars) It takes 7 to 9 days for the healing process to take place and the pinkness will take weeks to months to fade away ! How come she charged ppl differently ?!!

At this moment - I don't care how much PK (on Voy) rates Dr S........ my money is still on TCA CROSS ...........

We need results.

To date, people on this board have had good results from skin needling, TCA Cross, subcision, punch excisions etc..

but NONE of the supposed hundreds/thousands of patients treated by this Dr S can come here and post info/photos? Hmmmmm :-k

I just don't know what to say! PK is making plans to go back to Sydney very soon. It is one thing to have less success than one anticipated but to actually regress, I am SOOO sorry, Dim!

Anyway, I agree Maya, the only way any treatment should be judged is whether it works or not. That's it, end of story.

I don't know if this will change PK's mind. I kind of doubt it. She can't stand her skin in it's present state.

I can't believe in this day and age we have to live with this. I really don't! Maybe the growth factors will yield some positive results soon!

Thanks, Anna

The main problem I see that most of us scar sufferers are mainly an emotional lot (me too) - we have been abused, neglected, over charged, left to our darkened corners to cry alone ....

We get to hear of some very kind doctor who has a lovely bedside manner, who returns calls, emails etc .... with a lot of testimonials but no REAL people we can talk with ... and we all give this 'saint' like creature more power than perhaps she deserves?

I'm not normally a cynical person...

You know, if this was like a "NEW, YAY!! Cream that makes your face smooth ... ONLY $19.95 +free shipping" etc... I wouldn't care so much ... it's not that much money to loose ...

But when I see one my favourite posters pay for flights, accomodation, and treatment ... we are talking several $thousands here... and to say her face looks worse after 1 month ...

This makes me angry ....

Maya,

Thank you and thank ou for your support.......i did not expect miracles but i thought i would see some kind of improvement in the first month and she told me that the laser will help the breakouts which didnt happen.......i think if i had stayed longer like 4 more days i would have seen better results....i called her 10 times before i made my reservations and asked her how long i should stay and she said 5 days.....i still dont understand why she said 5 days.....i mean did she expect me to fly back with thta scabbed face.....i dont know........i am not saying her methos wont work....i dont want to discourage people....but dont fly all the way like i did and if you want to then stay ofr 10-12 days.......

cubsfan,

i know collagen takes a lot of time to grow but i am concerned about my red marks......she sai dmost of the patients need just 1 treatment...when she saw parts of my skin(like where the scabs ccame off) days after the treatment she said that my skin healed perfect and that i should see great improvements in the 1st month.......thas why i am so concerned.....

besids that when PK called theem she asked someone about my treatment and why i am not seeing results it seems they told her that i should use Hydroquinone as suggested and i helps my red marks alot....i was furious to hear them say such things.....if i could treat them with HQ why the helll would i fly and sppend almost 4.5K on her treatment? I am using HQ as Dr.s suggested. She told me i should use it fo ronly a month to avoid brown pigmentation and not for red marks......

I thought Dr.S treatment woul d help and i guess i am a little bit sad that it didnt......

After reading this Im a bit disheartened so I have decided to cancel my appt with Dr Schiebner for treament this month (I live in Australia). Initially I was excited as she gave me hope for improvement but since then I have had doubts and want to save my money for a future treatment that will work! She only was going to charge me $600AUS for both cheeks which cover a large area plus $150AUS for skincare which I considered quite cheap, I dont understand why she is quoting $6000 unless she quoted me wrong as at the consultation I didnt feel she looked at my scars, she didnt even come up close to face to study it! which I did find bizarre! So Im going with my gut instinct and cancelling, I have seen improvement anyway with my scaring using products from this board (pure deming, TCA Complex). Dim I hope you see improvements, just give it sometime!

Guest Cubsfan

i follow the life philosophy of john becker..."no expectiation...no dissapointment"

i follow the life philosophy of john becker...\"no expectiation...no dissapointment\"

I just looked at her website again - the photos on there are impressive ......... can they be real?