Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-Jay-

The Scheibner Laser!

I found the site 3-4 months ago after i heard about it from Voy. It says she uses a Co2 laser like a non-ablative.

Seems cheap the quote. The pricing of Co2 laser has come down heaps compared to 3 years ago. The after picture of the treated scar wound looks good. Smoothbeam will be in Sydney soon though. It's already in Melbourne.

They had a program tonight on Today Tonight about Isolagen. Two Isolagen sales reps rang my house to tell me about the story being shown but i was out. I watched the show, didn't teach me anything i already didn't know.

It is funny that I cannot remember the last time anyone has posted on this board about CO2 lasers. I have been reading this board since the beginning of the year, and laser resurfacing used to be talked about all the time. Unfortunately, the stories were horrific details of the the terrible side effects of laser resurfacing and the dashed hopes of many. It seems that the message was clear and an educated blind eye (including my own) has been turned away from laser resurfacing as an option for improving scars. However, if I were to ever entertain that option again, it would be with no one other than Dr. Adrianna Scheibner.

First, do not be misled; Dr. Scheibner's technique is "laser resurfacing". However, her technique is a much milder form that believes less is better. Her main focus is to remove the outer most layers of the epidermis and stimulate collagen growth at the same time. Her ideals can be contrasted to the typical physician who believes the deeper the scars the more skin that must be removed.

Dr. Scheibner is considered to be one of the top laser surgeons in the world. She has had offices in Europe, the US and Australia. She is sought after for treatment from people around the world. Her techniques have influenced how laser resurfacing is practiced by educated and trained physicians. The results of her technique as well as her philosophy can be read about in her book "The Essence of Beauty".

I would consider yourself lucky that you live as close as you do to Dr. Scheibner. I also believe that the prices she quoted you are a testament to her character as well. If you decide to go for a consultation, I will be extremely interested to hear how it goes.

Good Luck!

Her main focus is to remove the outer most layers of the epidermis and stimulate collagen growth at the same time.  

I contacted Dr.Scheibners office and even though they use CO2 laser for acne scarring, they wont remove any outer most layers (not even superficially). They use it in a gentle way and it forms very little scabbing (if the treatment is very extensive)which will resolve in a week or so. If anyone met her in person please let us know

This looks very promising....The site claims that scars can be eliminated...The pictures of the reconstructive surgery and burns patients are very impressive...Is the price of $ 550 australian dollars or US dollars ? Also is the treatment available outside of australia ?

Thanks

Marc

Guest niko

Does look good, Looks as good if not better than Smoothbeam for sure.

that is cheap - about 220 quid.....($400 ish US$) - but is it only available in australia with that particular derm or has the method spread ?

GoodLuck

Marc

that is cheap - about 220 quid.....($400 ish US$) - but is it only available in australia with that particular derm or has the method spread ?

GoodLuck

Marc

Its available only in australia and only at the scheibner center. Rumours are that she is plannig to open a clinic in california(USA), probably some time around next year.

This is great to see, I live in Sydney and have some acne scarring on my face. Definetly going to look into this procedure.

This is great to see, I live in Sydney and have some acne scarring on my face. Definetly going to look into this procedure.

I don't know how to go about posting this piece of information but the doctor who did such an uneven job on my friends face used to work in the same area as Dr. Scheibner.

Part of my friend and my research led us to Dr. Scheibner. From the California State of Licensing we learned that Dr. Scheibner's license was surrendered:

General Information

Licensee Name: ADRIANNA SCHEIBNER , MD

License Type: PHYSICIAN AND SURGEON

License Number: A48204

License Status: LICENSE SURRENDERED

Public Record Actions: YES (see Public Disclosure for details)

Original Issue Date: APRIL 23, 1990

License Expiration Date: OCTOBER 31, 1997

Address: 436 N BEDFORD DR SUITE 104

BEVERLY HILLS, CA 90210

County: LOS ANGELES

Needless to say, when we found this out we did not pursue flying to Australia. I read Dr. Scheibner's book "The Essence of Beauty" and I have to say I was really impressed as she seems extremely sympathetic and kind. However, rumour has it that Dr. Scheibner got involved in substances, got sloppy and wound up burning a patient. It is rumoured that even in Australia she has limits on her ability to prescribe and obtain some narcotics. I strongly believe that Dr. Scheibner if she isn't now, was at one time, an extremely gifted practitioner. Also, if she has kicked her alleged drug habit she probably is again.

Please just do your research and ask questions. I don't want to trash anyone, but I just don't want anyone else to wind up with a bad result! I would feel horrible after hearing what I heard (even if much of it is rumor) if someone wound up disfigured. The records don't and won't detail under what circumstances Dr. Scheibner's license was surrendered.

As always, all my best!

Anna

Thanks for posting that information. That explains why she is not treating her patients right at this moment. I called the office and they said that some other doctor who was trained by her would be treating patients and that she was working on something else. I will try to find out more about her. heard that she is planning to open a clinic again in california.

dim99992,

Apparently, she tried to get her license reinstated earlier this year but she was denied, again they can't divulge the reason.

It is really sad on all counts.

Anna

Yeah!1The pictues are impressive. Actually they are not very clear on the website as compared to those in the brochure they sent me. They are very impressive esp the burn victims, acne scarring and wrinkles. I will call them on monday and see if i can get any information about what exactly happened

Jay,

Did you try to call them? Bcoz they told me that Dr.Della would be treating the patients instead of Dr.Scheibner. I cant get Dr.Della on the phone. i wish i were in sydney.

jay,

how did you find out about the scheibner technique? I emailed someone at the voy forums about this and i got a reply. She wrote that she had emails from some patient, treated by Dr.scheibner who complained the same thing that the Doc was sloppy and sometimes unfit to perform when she was in california.

Guest niko

Jay, I understand what your going through with the little pimple leaving an indent. I was going through that vicious cycle when I started breaking out 3 months after a short 2 month light dose of accutane. After 9 months off it, and smoothbeam(sorry to beat the dead horse) I still get occational small pimples, but they dont scar, they leave a red mark for a while, but they dont leave an indent anymore, so it will return to normal.

I think that is why my scars were so treatable was because they werent from typical scarring cystic acne, instead it was overly sensitive skin that scarred from everything thus shallow scars (however numerous and hideous.)

When you find good scar treatment results, maybe consider going on a maintenence dose of accutane in order to prevent going through it all again. That is my theory. I know that my lifestyle (I like to go to London or New York and basically splurge/party for 9 days in a row-bit of a hedonist) will bring some serious breakouts so I cant risk it.

Hi,

I just found this article and thought i should post it here. You can obtain the full text from LA times but you have to pay for it. But i am posting some of the text here which i tthink is relevant to the topic...

Jay,

Can you try to findout anything about her practice in australia,please? Like if she has any problems even after moving to australia...

"Vicki Berman began to notice her aging skin soon after her daughter, now 2, was born. When she decided her face needed laser skin resurfacing--better known as a laser peel--she didn't expect miracles. She just wanted to look fresher, more rested...................

Her story has a painfully familiar ring to some patients of Dr. Adrianna Scheibner's, a Beverly Hills physician who specialized in cosmetic laser procedures. On March 31, the Medical Board of California suspended Scheibner's license, accusing her of gross negligence, repeated acts of negligence, drug abuse, incompetence and excessive prescribing.

The board cites the cases of four patients who underwent unsatisfactory laser facial procedures that left some with third-degree burns and permanent scars. One patient wrote the doctor a check for $60,000 after being medicated, underwent up to 20 hours of laser surgery over two days and is permanently scarred, according to the board. In October, Scheibner surrendered her California license...................

Hi All,

Well, in spite of all that we have read, my dear friend who had her face burned with the Coolaser became utterly desperate and contacted Dr. Scheibner.

Dr. Scheibner herself called her back and they had a long conversation. My friend asked Dr. Scheibner point blank about the allegations against her. Dr. Scheibner explained that she had hired what turned out to be an extremely unscrupulous couple to manage her California office and they started embezzling from her. By the time she found out about what was going on and said she was going to turn them in, they started blackmailing her with falsified medical records showing negligence. They followed through with the blackmail and the rest is history. She says that since she started treating people with her laser in 1983 she has NEVER burned a patient. She was genuine and kind during the entire conversation.

Bottom line is that my friend is flying to Australia next week for treatment and has also been asked to be a guest in Dr. Scheibner's home. I can't believe it! I am really excited for my friend (a little nervous too). I just want everything to work out for her.

I will keep everyone posted!

Anna

Anna - I read it from the Voy forum - I really hope it works out for her. We can all keep our fingers crossed and her in our prayers.