Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nikki001

THE OFFiCiAL 'WHAT HELPED UR RED MARKS' TREATMENT THREAD!!

Guest Marino
matey, do you use both creams at once?

Nope, one in the morning and one at night,

EDIT: woops, it appears i made a typo :whistle:

I'm back on the MD formulations cleanser after not using it for the last 6 wks. I was really suprised at how effective it's been in reducing red marks in 1 wk. I do use retin-a as well but find that only does so much in terms of marks, it never really gave me that overnight difference where you wake up and think "hey something's actually working!". The two combined do though. Have you ever thought of stepping up the % and using MD Forte? I'm considering it as the ingredients are exactly the same but they have different strengths.

hey shortcake;

do you use the md formulations both at night and in the morning? or just once a day?

I have it, but I stopped using it when I started retin a because it has a high alcohol content. You don't find it irritating?

I started using it twice a day but found that a bit much so now just once at night. Although I also put retin-a on at night I generally wait about 30 mins to an hour and it seems ok and then just a gentle cleanse in the morning. Problem is I feel it's night that I need that extra cleanse from sunscreen etc. But I have a love hate relationship with retin-a at the moment. I've been on it almost 6 months, am thinking of cutting down to every 2nd night. Don't know if this is the right thing to do or not.

why aren't you liking the retin a?

I'm on week six as of today; and I'm finally starting to see a difference! Yay!

I'm definitely still dealing with red marks unfortunately.

I imagine it would be okay to start doing it every other day if you've been on it for six months now, I've heard people doing that for maintenence.

I started using it twice a day but found that a bit much so now just once at night. Although I also put retin-a on at night I generally wait about 30 mins to an hour and it seems ok and then just a gentle cleanse in the morning. Problem is I feel it's night that I need that extra cleanse from sunscreen etc. But I have a love hate relationship with retin-a at the moment. I've been on it almost 6 months, am thinking of cutting down to every 2nd night. Don't know if this is the right thing to do or not.

If Retin A is helping but you find it too irritating, you should definitely check this out:

Green Cream

It's an OTC high-potency retinol lotion. I've used Retin A in the past, and it cleared my pores really well but at the expense of a lot of redness and irritation. My skin tolerates Green Cream much better and my results are great so far (I'm a little over 2 months into it). If you are already pretty clear from the Retin A, this would be a great maintenance product.

Aloe Vera gel really worked for a while. Now I'm using that whole egg mask thing and its doing wonders. Plus it got rid of my accutane tomato face, which was GREAT!

you used the egg mask when u were on accutane? which did u use: just the egg mask or the egg mask and acv and baking soda mixture?

If Retin A is helping but you find it too irritating, you should definitely check this out:

Green Cream

It's an OTC high-potency retinol lotion. I've used Retin A in the past, and it cleared my pores really well but at the expense of a lot of redness and irritation. My skin tolerates Green Cream much better and my results are great so far (I'm a little over 2 months into it). If you are already pretty clear from the Retin A, this would be a great maintenance product.

Thanks for this, I've been following your posts about this and am seriously considering it. My issue is that like you I had very bad clogging. I never really has an acne problem, I thought. Retin-a soon changed this. We can only get 0.1% here (New Zealand), seriously! Basically I ended up with weeks of inflamed acne, red and brown marks and crater like scars AND my already red and broken cap prone skin is now so riddled with clusters of broken caps I just don't know what to do. Plus the retin-a hasn't got rid of all of the clogging nor do I think it's totally prevented more. Years ago I was on a .3% retinol product/glycolic acid regime which worked well. I know that's nothing as strong as retin-a but I just don't know what to do but I don't want to go back to that bad clogging again and another cycle. I get other things from DianaYvonne so I've been thinking of taking the plunge with GC. I think it has fragrance, do you have any issues with that? Thanks again for all your advice :)

Aloe Vera gel really worked for a while. Now I'm using that whole egg mask thing and its doing wonders. Plus it got rid of my accutane tomato face, which was GREAT!

you used the egg mask when u were on accutane? which did u use: just the egg mask or the egg mask and acv and baking soda mixture?

Just the egg yolk mask.