Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nikki001

THE OFFiCiAL 'WHAT HELPED UR RED MARKS' TREATMENT THREAD!!

HEY EVERYONE!!

i MADE A NEW THREAD iN THE SCARS FORUM AS WELL iF U WANT TO LOOK iN THERE AS WELL....

WiTH HUNDREDS OF POSTS AND THREADS ASKiNG PEOPLE OF WHAT HAS WORKED FOR THEM, i THOUGHT iT WOULD BE A HELL OF A LOT EASiER TO MAKE ONE BiG THREAD FOR PEOPLE TO LOOK AT iNSTEAD OF SEARCHiNG THRU THE WHOLE SiTE.

PLEASE POST WHAT HAS ABSOLUTELY WORKED FOR YOU, AND WHAT HASNT. YOU ARE FREE TO POST PiCS OF YOUR SKiN AS WELL..... SO POST AWAY!!

FOR ME, i HAVE TRiED EVERYTHiNG AND RiGHT NOW iM ONLY USiNG MURAD. iT LEAVES MY SKiN SMOOTH AND FREE OF PiMPLES (MOST OF THE TiME) SO i HAVE STAYED WiTH THiS. i WANT TO FADE MY RED MARKS MORE, SO iM GOiN TO TRY THE EGG WHiTE MASK AND ACV TREATMENT THiS WEEK AND POST WHAT HAPPENS

Aloe Vera gel really worked for a while. Now I'm using that whole egg mask thing and its doing wonders. Plus it got rid of my accutane tomato face, which was GREAT!

redmarks, hmm lets see. GA peels worked pretty good. jessners' peel sort of helped but i have not yet done a full face peel. taking vitamins help pretty well also. i've been taking rosehips but havent seen dramatic results yet but its only been a month.

Palmer's Hydroquinone

Clean And Clear Salicylic Acid Scrub

Neutrogena Acne Mark Fading Peel

Aveeno Skin brightening treatment moisturizer

Dermentologist Chemical Peels

Jess's Method

All great things. Well, for me anyway.

taking vitamins help pretty well also.

The two main things are: Time and REGULAR Exfoliation (I use SA everyday, as well as a gentle scrub). Also Aloe Vera Gel helped in the past, not currently using it though.

Synthetic brush exfoliation and Green Cream!

Red marks and old brown marks are gone. Freckles are gone. Facial mole has faded into near-invisibility. Facial lines have smoothed out. I'm loving this.

Q

what is "green cream?"

Click on the "Green Cream" link in my signature to go to the product home page.

You can also find product reviews on makeup alley.

After that, if you have questions, feel free to PM me. I've been using it for 2 months.

Q

What is working for me right now is the new 'Acnefree Scar Fade and Erase' kit. I didn't find a link to it online. I looked on www.acnefree.com and I didn't find it there. Maybe I didn't look hard enough. I did buy it at a Walmart though.

What worked for me: nothing so far. Im still on the search.

What hasn't: GA peels- yes they actually worked a bit so I guess it isn't really fair of me to put them in here. The thing is my skin is very sensitive and now can't handle acids. Since I had very severe acne, my skin needs at leat 50% for ANY effect whatsoever, and my skin just cant take that : (

The other thing that didnt work for me was Azelaic acid. It started to work- but then I had another allergic reaction to it. Sucks.

Lemon Juice- That really stung and didn't help at all.

vbeam, depending on how bad your marks were...it could take as little as 2 treatments.

Could it really be gone in 2 treatments!?! I used to have decent skin. Then I had an extreme allergic reaction to AcneFree that broke out like my entire face, especially my cheeks. It took me 4 months, but the acne is now almost completely gone. I just need to get rid of these red marks on my cheeks and I'll be fine. They've faded alot in the last month, but they're driving me crazy!! How much does vbeam cost?

Guest PokaHotAz
Neutrogena Acne Mark Fading Peel

this has helped lighten , and remove tons of my red marks....

When do you use it if your on Dan's regimen? Do you still have acne or are you clear? I'm just interested in knowing since I have a bottle of the stuff that I bought last year, but stopped using because I didn't want it interferring with my regimen, plus I know you shouldn't use SA with BP.

Guest Marino

15 percent AHA lotion at night,

10 percent BHA lotion at night.

Using a personal microdermabrasion every 2 days as well.

Guest PokaHotAz

When do you use it if your on Dan's regimen? Do you still have acne or are you clear? I'm just interested in knowing since I have a bottle of the stuff that I bought last year, but stopped using because I didn't want it interferring with my regimen, plus I know you shouldn't use SA with BP.

yea i know ....im on the regimen as well... and im not completely clear but my acne is rather "in control"

i just use it in globs directly on top of each mark ... it makes the mark peel ...when this happens (maybe after 1-2 days) the mark appears lighter...i do this 1-2(once morning, one evening....though i think its best to just do once a day)times before applying the Bp , followed by my moisturizer...it may be a lil irritating to the spot but it works...n its not breaking me out....so we'll see how it goes...just sharing my experience .

Guest funky_monkey

15 percent AHA lotion at night,

10 percent BHA lotion at night.

Using a personal microdermabrasion every 2 days as well.

matey, do you use both creams at once?

yea i know ....im on the regimen as well... and im not completely clear but my acne is rather "in control"

i just use it in globs directly on top of each mark ... it makes the mark peel ...when this happens (maybe after 1-2 days) the mark appears lighter...i do this 1-2(once morning, one evening....though i think its best to just do once a day)times before applying the Bp , followed by my moisturizer...it may be a lil irritating to the spot but it works...n its not breaking me out....so we'll see how it goes...just sharing my experience .

have you tried that MD formulations wash yet? it's not drying.