Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nikki001

THE OFFiCiAL 'WHAT HELPED UR SCARS' TREATMENT THREAD!!

HEY EVERYONE

i THOUGHT THiS WOULD BE A GOOD THREAD B/C THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF POSTS & THREADS AND iNSTEAD OF LOOKiNG THRU EVERY SiNGLE ONE OF THEM, WE CAN LOOK HERE AND SEE WHAT HAS WORKED FOR EVERYONE.

SO PLEASE POST WHAT KiND OF SCARS YOU HAVE (iNCLUDE PiX iF ANY) AND WHAT TREATMENTS WORKED WONDERFULLY FOR YOU, AND WHAT HASNT. THANKS!!!

FOR ME, i HAVE iNDENTS AND A COUPLE OF SHALLOW SCARS. i HAVE NO iDEA WHAT WiLL WORK FOR ME, AND WHAT i SHOULD TRY SO SOME ADViCE WOULD BE GREAT...... POST AWAY EVERYONE!!!!

lol most everyone on here still has bad scars and seeking treatment. I really dont think too many people will respond.

:) ha ha. You're right Keith.

Not being nasty nikki but this is a silly thread. You see the whole messageboard is about people sharing experiences to best remedy acne scars. You want your own personal summary.

Different scars, different treatments.

Dealing with acne scars is not a cosmetically easy challenge for the indivdual, surgeon or dermatologist. Being a member here for a while and I think you'll start to know the long, short and the tall of available treatments as they stand at present.

well, I think, this thread is a very good idea. I liked it.

Most of the other threads are specific to particular treatments and type of problems.

Here people can post a summary of their experiences. So, this will also serve as a place for exit posts :) when someone got good results and don't plan to be active on the forum.

For a newcomer, this would be like an index of the book and if anyone is more interested, they can go the respective thread for more details.

hello Nikki,

I know some things make it better. Sleep and water help diminish the appearance. Dermabrasion can help smooth them out. I hear Thermage can reorganize the collagen and smooth out scars. I am trying saline injections now and it seems to help but I am just beginning. I am using Skin Biology products and they do help in a little way. The skin becomes clearer and of uniform color and a bit tighter. Nothing I have tried has really done anything significant.

I would have to agree with that awesomely handsome and very intelligent Rupert.. up the there ^^^

Ahh thanks BroKenFloWer :wub:

I'm more used to abuse here for being a little bit confrontational at times. A little hearty debate never hurt anybody. :D

As regards the thread, I'll throw in my dime.

Isolagen with subcision has totally levelled out my shallower scars and given my face a healthy plump look. Hasn't worked on a couple of deep fat based scars. Like Keith, going to get an excision in the near future. Most people I know who have had isolagen don't come to this board anymore due to their results. I keep my acne totally under control with my dermalux lamp (red/blue light) which I wish I'd know about sooner. I use it for 15 minutes a day.

Thats my summary....

... for what its worth.

I just got my first Coolglide treatment. I know you're not supposed to see results for several months, but it's looking promising. Could be because I'm using tns recovery complex too? And drinking water/lemon? Was doing the vinegar thing and that seemed to make a difference after just a week, but then I started Coolglide and tns and didn't know how all that would interact. As it is, I think I have too many variables! My scars are fairly shallow and saucerlike. Look like huge pores for the most part. A couple of ice picks (these haven't changed at all). I'm just starting my "revision" process, so don't have too much to add!

i thought i would have acne for a munch longer time than i did. but let me tell u dynacin cleared me a month or two.. and i had severe.. im still shocked.. now im on to scar removal....

seriously F accutane in the a** because dynacin is cheaper and works faster and is a miracle

I am using retin a micro to put on my scars, i been putting for about six months, i put a little on the scar at night, and the next day it looks nice, its filled up and it looks like theres no scar, just wanted to tell u guys, i dont know if its healed but its coverd, and it help my self esteem too. just wanted to share with u guys.