Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wza

This is a Serious Question...

Not to be blunt, but is it possible that smoking trees could aggravate acne? I'm just wondering if it would have the same affects as smoking cigarettes.. Thanks

I got you wza. This same question has been asked many many times. I don't personally do it, so I can't really speak from my experience, but it seemed that people did notice a slight correlation. Not anything major though. I think it just makes it look worse after you do it and doesn't really have a long term affect on acne.

Yes that could be, because last night after smoking my face felt kind of irritated and I looked worse when i went to look at a mirror. This morning, after I did the regimen last night it seems a lot better. I think smoking in general can make it look worse for some reason because I remember seeing on the news that smoking cigs can have a negative effect on acne. Thanks for your insight.

well, I know that smoking 'trees' as you call it constricts blood vessels. That's why zits always look really red afterward. anyway, glad I could help somewhat. :(

Would constricting blood vessells help or harm acne? Or does it not effect it at all?

I don't think it really has any long term effects. That's the reason your eyes always get so red (I used to partake back in the day) It does definately make it look worse temprorarily though. :oops:

For me personally, I always break out a couple days after I smoke weed. Thats a big reason why I stopped. I would breakout and stop smoking. Then when my face was clear I smoked again to see and I broke out again. Thats just me though.