Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

yes, all Vitamin A products do because they work by purging the skin.

What if your skin has already purged before because of another treatment, will it purge yet again with green cream?

Is this good to use after finishing 6 month of accutane to stay clear or will I break out like when I started accutane.

Should I use level 3 or 6?

yes, all Vitamin A products do because they work by purging the skin.

What if your skin has already purged before because of another treatment, will it purge yet again with green cream?

if the pores are already clear from the previous treatment, there should be nothing to purge ...

Is this good to use after finishing 6 month of accutane to stay clear or will I break out like when I started accutane.

Should I use level 3 or 6?

If you have normal skin, Level 6 is best. Level 3 is only for those with ultra-sensitive skin.

How you respond really depends on the current state of your skin. If your oil production is still low and your pores aren't clogged, things should go very smoothly. If your pores are clogged and you are breaking out again, then you're going to see some purging before things improve.

if the pores are already clear from the previous treatment, there should be nothing to purge ...

How you respond really depends on the current state of your skin. If your oil production is still low and your pores aren't clogged, things should go very smoothly. If your pores are clogged and you are breaking out again, then you're going to see some purging before things improve.

Thank you for the information!

I purged a ton while on Dan's regimen and that flare left me with tons of red marks, those lesions have now flattened but my pores are not completely purged. I believe if I tried green cream I would be one who would experience an IB. =(

Hi!

I wanna ask is it good at healing acne and clear blemishes?

if yes,how long will it take to see the change?

Thanks

Please, read the first few pages of the thread. Or the pinned post in this forum. I don't feel like writing out the entire Green Cream story just because you haven't bothered to read a single word about it.

If there's stuff you want clarified, I don't mind answering specific questions. But seriously, do a little reading.

Hi!

I wanna ask is it good at healing acne and clear blemishes?

if yes,how long will it take to see the change?

Thanks

Please, read the first few pages of the thread. Or the pinned post in this forum. I don't feel like writing out the entire Green Cream story just because you haven't bothered to read a single word about it.

If there's stuff you want clarified, I don't mind answering specific questions. But seriously, do a little reading.

ok...u rather type so much word but not just ans yes/no.

i wanna ask other user opinion because i saw some ppl said it is not good at aginst acne

I had infrequent applications of Green Cream for the past few weeks. I first applied once every three days for one week, and I would start to apply GC once every two days but parts of my skin would become irritated so I stopped and went back to applying it once every three days. And last week, I went back to once every two days again, and the same area got irritated again. Are infrequent applications ok? I really want to build up the use of GC to every two days if not every night. I do, however, notice fewer blackheads on my nose, but I still don't see much difference with everywhere else yet. I guess it's still too early to tell and also with the infrequent applications. Still, I get lots of flaking which I hate so much, but I can endure!

Hi,

I'm 18 years old, a guy, with what I'd call dry skin..not too sensitive. Anyway I don't get inflamed acne when I use 2.5% bp (the stridex pads) once a day but a ton of clogged pores, all over cheeks/forehead, some on chin. I THINK they're whiteheads but they dont really have heads. I can extract a few of them..but some are too deep/small to get out. They're flesh colored unless I extract and it gets irritated.

Anyway i was wondering the best way to incorporate GC, and if it's right for me. right now im only using the stridex 2.5% bp pads once a day (they exfoliate a little and wash) as washing too much and scrubs, etc. just dries my skin out.

thanks

I had infrequent applications of Green Cream for the past few weeks. I first applied once every three days for one week, and I would start to apply GC once every two days but parts of my skin would become irritated so I stopped and went back to applying it once every three days. And last week, I went back to once every two days again, and the same area got irritated again. Are infrequent applications ok? I really want to build up the use of GC to every two days if not every night. I do, however, notice fewer blackheads on my nose, but I still don't see much difference with everywhere else yet. I guess it's still too early to tell and also with the infrequent applications. Still, I get lots of flaking which I hate so much, but I can endure!

Go as slowly as you need to. The most important thing is to get your skin accustomed to using it. It does sound like you are more sensitive to it than a lot of people.

What's the rest of your regimen?

Hi,

I'm 18 years old, a guy, with what I'd call dry skin..not too sensitive. Anyway I don't get inflamed acne when I use 2.5% bp (the stridex pads) once a day but a ton of clogged pores, all over cheeks/forehead, some on chin. I THINK they're whiteheads but they dont really have heads. I can extract a few of them..but some are too deep/small to get out. They're flesh colored unless I extract and it gets irritated.

Anyway i was wondering the best way to incorporate GC, and if it's right for me. right now im only using the stridex 2.5% bp pads once a day (they exfoliate a little and wash) as washing too much and scrubs, etc. just dries my skin out.

thanks

If you were going to use both, the best way would be to use BP in the AM and GC at night. You don't want to have both on your face at once, as the BP will oxidize the retinol.

Be really careful of dryness and irritation, though. Some people are able to use these two products together successfully, but I know I couldn't.

I just applied GC again yesterday night and noticed the area that usually gets irritated is less irritated than the other times. Do you think it is now safe to apply GC to my cheeks (where the pores are) every day? I never get shedding or any irritation there before. A lot of shedding on the lower sides of my face (which I consider the nicest skin of my face) but yet a lot of shedding! Do you know why? That is also the only area that gets irritated!

Besides GC, I use LA ROCHE-POSAY cleanser, toner, and their hydraphase moisturizer.

You might want to read my pinned thread in this forum about topical retinoids. Flaky skin is totally normal, especially at first.

If there's only one part of your face that seems to get irritated, you might try using a tiny bit of moisturizer on that spot before you apply GC ... it will buffer the effects. (Eventually, you'd want to stop doing this.) Or just don't use GC there as often as everywhere else. But I would not apply GC to any part of your skin that looks red or irritated, because it won't help and could make things worse.

Hmm, thinking about the function of BP vs. GC, do you think that once the skin is done purging that I could discontinue the BP?

Because at this point I only get inflamed bumps-a few at a time on the forehead, and the BP prevents that. (In fact a couple months ago I was only using a scrub and never go inflamed bumps ever, even without BP)

I'm think that once there are no comedones, there isn't anything to get inflamed anyway?

Also, sorry if this has been asked before (working through reading thru the entire thread) but, when comedones come to the surface, do they literally just come out and like fall off? What kind of exfoliation/cleansing is necessary to actually get them off your skin once they surface?

If you are not getting inflamed acne anymore, there's no reason at all to use BP.

Some people find that the comedones begin to surface and then just sort of sit there for awhile ... very frustrating, as your skin does look significantly worse before it looks better!

I exfoliated (gently!) the whole time I used GC, partly for the flaky skin and partly to help things surface. A gentle scrub worked best for me -- I used Physiodermie Biogommage for a long time, but it's very expensive and hard to find. I switched to Vivant's scrub cleanser with microbeads, and like it very much.

You can also get extractions when things start surfacing, but only if you have an aesthetician you really trust. GC makes the outer layers of skin very fragile and sensitive, and it's easy to leave red marks that will last for several weeks. :(

I'm using Green Cream too, and I really like it so far. I have a question for those of you who have used it for awhile: How can you tell when you're running out? They've got nice packaging, but the bottles are super light, and it always sputters a bit when I'm dispensing the product, as though it were about to run out. Since I've only been using it for about two weeks, in tiny amounts, I'm sure I have lots left. Insights from the GC veterans?

Hmm, thinking about the function of BP vs. GC, do you think that once the skin is done purging that I could discontinue the BP?

Because at this point I only get inflamed bumps-a few at a time on the forehead, and the BP prevents that. (In fact a couple months ago I was only using a scrub and never go inflamed bumps ever, even without BP)

I'm think that once there are no comedones, there isn't anything to get inflamed anyway?

Also, sorry if this has been asked before (working through reading thru the entire thread) but, when comedones come to the surface, do they literally just come out and like fall off? What kind of exfoliation/cleansing is necessary to actually get them off your skin once they surface?

Thank you. I did stop using the BP and you were right, no new inflamed spots have appeared.

Currently this is what I'm doing:

Night: PC 2% SA gel 30 minutes before applying level 6 GC

Morning: manually exfoliate with textured cloth pad (pretty gentle) and water

Have been doing this for 4 days now, today is the 5th. (yes i started out by applying everyday, my skin is pretty tough). No irritation/redness, only flaking is when i exfoliate. I actually started the BHA 2% gel about a week earlier which had led to some purging.

I've been extracting whatever comes to the surface and right now I'm happy to say there's NO more blackheads/whiteheads anymore (nothing that can be extracted) , only really really tiny clogged pores in some areas where I doubt they'll ever go away. (right under mouth, around nose).

The only thing is that you were right-the sensitive skin does get red marks easily and now i have a ton of them from extracting, though they're only visible in like hard light. (inside you cant really see them).

Anyway, i was wondering if the GC would be effective in getting rid of those really tiny bumps under the skin as well? (these have literally been there for as long as i remember, you can't extract them, and they're not really visible either just really annoying). How long would this take?

Secondly, will GC (with regular use) and the BHA gel be effective in preventing new clogged pores? Once these red marks clear I'll actually be happy with my skin since it will be as good as it has been, but that's assuming no new pores get clogged. am I done purging?

Thank you again!

Green Cream is probably the only treatment that effectively got rid of clogged pores/blackheads around my t-zone. It was a really good treatment, but unfortunately came with too many side effects for me. It made my skin so dry, the worst it had ever been. No amount of exfoliation/moisture got rid of the tight, flaky skin. IMO that was way worse than the actual acne breakouts i had.

My case is probably isolated and i'm sure most people will not react that way - not trying to scare people here. I used it for about 5 months so I did give it a chance but it just wasn't for me :(

I now use the skin balancing antioxidant concentrate, which as far as I know contains .3% retinol.. it has worked really well so far. The skin recovery contains .1% retinol

Anyway, i was wondering if the GC would be effective in getting rid of those really tiny bumps under the skin as well? (these have literally been there for as long as i remember, you can't extract them, and they're not really visible either just really annoying). How long would this take?

Secondly, will GC (with regular use) and the BHA gel be effective in preventing new clogged pores? Once these red marks clear I'll actually be happy with my skin since it will be as good as it has been, but that's assuming no new pores get clogged. am I done purging?

Thank you again!

If those bumps are caused by comedones under the skin, then yes, GC will make them surface. It took me about 3 months to get rid of mine, although I saw significant improvement by the 8-week mark.

And yes, if you continue to use GC and BHAs, they will prevent new comedones from forming. You may still see some congestion in the pores, because neither product affects sebum production, but this is a superficial problem -- no one but you will ever notice it.

Okay the thing that worries me is this:

the pores on my nose get clogged really quickly, like if i get all the gunk out then in 2 days they'll be clogged again. Even WITH application of BHA and GC daily, this still happens; which makes me wonder if they can really prevent pores from being clogged? I'm getting sort of frustrated now because it seems like nothing is working :confused: though I know I'm only at the 1 week mark.

GC and BHAs work against comedones, the deep plugs under the skin. BHAs loosen them up, GC forces them to surface.

It is still possible to have congested pores, though, especially around the nose, because neither BHAs nor GC affects sebum production. Congested pores are generally a problem for people who tend to have thick, waxy sebum. BHAs and GC should prevent actual pimples from forming, but the sebum will still be there. :confused:

You can improve the appearance of congested pores by exfoliating. AHAs work well, but it's tricky to use them in conjunction with GC ... manual exfoliation with a gentle scrub may be the best way to go.

It's frustrating, I know. Accutane is the only thing I've found to help with sebum production.

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I guess I'm a little confused then on the difference between "comedone" and "congested pore." Would you say comedones are the ones that have a "bump?" because the clogged pores on my nose do not have bumps, it's just rather disgusting to have stuff trapped in there.

I don't really think I'll be going on accutane since I don't even have inflamed acne..just do what i can with the GC/BHA

And do you happen to know a good way of dealing with the red marks? (without makeup--i'm a guy) Right now is the first time in a while that I've had no inflamed acne, but one of my friends told me my skin used to look better and that the acne is "bigger and more red"- simply because the red marks are so ugly. Thanks!

I am starting to have many pimples or comedones surface :shock:. A few on my cheeks, nose, chin etc. I noticed that my blackheads don't entirely go away, they tend to come back but sometimes I would catch a few falling/coming out of my pores. I don't think my blackheads or whiteheads ever slipped out the pores of my nose automatically before using GC, as I always need to squeeze them to get them out of my pores.

I feel guilty sometimes for not sticking to my GC routine. There are days where I totally forget to apply them on, then when I hop into bed and turn off my nights, do I remember that I hadn't applied GC but I was already to lazy to get back up. I think it's been a month since I started using GC, and I do think that my skin is comfortable with retinol now; however, I am still not ready to apply GC everyday, because I need some breaks from flaking! :wacko::)

I still take a day off from GC every now and then, for the same reason: my skin starts to get peely and needs a little time to recover.

No big deal. The main thing is to be as consistent with the product as you can over time.

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I guess I'm a little confused then on the difference between "comedone" and "congested pore." Would you say comedones are the ones that have a "bump?" because the clogged pores on my nose do not have bumps, it's just rather disgusting to have stuff trapped in there.

I don't really think I'll be going on accutane since I don't even have inflamed acne..just do what i can with the GC/BHA

And do you happen to know a good way of dealing with the red marks? (without makeup--i'm a guy) Right now is the first time in a while that I've had no inflamed acne, but one of my friends told me my skin used to look better and that the acne is "bigger and more red"- simply because the red marks are so ugly. Thanks!

fresh, and i'm probably only superfrustated because of the moment, as even today they are better. What seems to happen is that they form not a scab...but a layer of darkened, dry skin over them that in a couple days can be peeled off and it looks much better

does the retinol speed or slow the healing process? I would imagine if it can reduce the skin cycle from a month to 5-6 days it would also help in cell renewal for this sort of thing too? It may be my imagination but even scabs seem to heal in only one day with GC.

Was feeling horrible this week because of those marks but it feels/looks like I'm done purging now..given that I don't notice anymore comedones by that definition. But for some reason, aside from the red marks, the upper part of my cheeks seem to have like a reddish/pink color that they did not always have. Is this due to congested pores? or sun sensitivity... or maybe just irritation from extracting a few days back... ?

One more question- now that I've gotten rid of the comedones I'm trying to be extra careful not to do anything to cause any new ones to form. What sunscreen/spf moisturizer would you reccomend that is noncomedogenic? ones that claim to be haven't always proved that way in the past.

Thanks again