Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marky241

Accutane and Excercise (2006)

Hey Everyone!

I am about to begin my 3rd trial of Accutane (the first 2 were over 8 years ago).

About 6 months ago I began working out (moderate weight training) 3x a week and eating a healthier diet. The resulsts have been great...but now I'm nervous that taking Accutane will inhibit my ability or worse: inhibit my results. What is everyone else's experience...especially mild to moderate lifters?

I know this topic has been posted already...but the thread is a year old and was hoping for more recent experiences.

Thanks!!

I had to shovel some snow today... Oh man, my shoulders! :P And I carried two heavy bags of groceries (long distance)... my arms! Damned accutane, I'm a total cripple... but it's worth it.

i lifted heavily throughout my entire course of accutane and noticed only that i was slightly more sore than usual, although nothing to slow me down. i gained lean muscle fine and got a great deal stronger during the treatment as well. did it inhibit me? maybe a little ill never know, but i did makes gains nonetheless.

Seems to be a lot of variance in how Accutane affects exercise capacity, joints, muscles etc.

I've been on a microdose course and it absolutely wrecked me. One afternoon I played a few hours of ping pong -- the next day I couldn't even stand up straight. And weightlifting became painful.

Accutane will make your muscles more sore and heal slower.

Gains are less then if you where not on it. But its still good. I exercised throughout my course.