Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xmaddenlovato

Using Alpha Hydrox lotion with regimen?

I've searched the boards for this Alpha Hydrox lotion but can't find any specific information that I need.

Right now, I'm on Dan's Regimen, and I have been for several weeks now. The products I'm using are:

Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser

Dan's BP Gel

Cetaphil moisturizer with SPF

^^ I do that morning & evening.

I read reviews online for Alpha Hydrox lotion and I've read that it really helps acne and red marks. So I'm wondering if I should buy it. My main questions are: Can I used the AHA lotion WITH the regimen (after cleansing & BP) or would I have to use it at another time? Thanks for any replies.

Dan uses Eucerin Skin Renewal lotion directly after applying BP which uses a form of AHA... i have one coming in the mail ne day now and i will start using it... You prolly hsouldnt have too sensitive of skin though otherwise it might be kinda harsh

I was using the exact same products as you and after a month when my skin was clear I started using a neutrogena moisturizer that has alpha hydroxy in combination with the cetaphil moisturizer. After 4 days I've noticed dramatic improvement on my red marks and overall look of my skin. So, I would recommend it as long as you've been on the regimen for a while and you're mostly clear. What I do is just use the alpha hydroxy moisturzer at night and I mix it 50/50 with cetaphil moiturizer. It goes on with no irritation at all. After another week or so I'll probably use it twice daily.

yea, as long as you are not new to the Regimen, you can consider adding in some aha if you want to, you can just apply it instead of your regular moisturizer at night.

yea, as long as you are not new to the Regimen, you can consider adding in some aha if you want to, you can just apply it instead of your regular moisturizer at night.

When you say not new to it, does one month count as "not new"?

I was also on the same products you were on for about a month and then switch to the Eucerin Skin Renewel with AHA. After about a month of using that my skin tone has evened and it has smoothed out my skin dramaticaly. I have mild/moderate acne and its been helping along with the bp. From what ive heard it clears out dead skin cells on your face so the pores will not clog as easily. This along with bp use that kills acne bacteria is like fighting the battle with two weapons, not just one. My results have been good so far, except the breakout i have right now but its not nearly as bad as the one after my first month. AHA works for me and the only stinging i feel is when I accidently apply it to my neck. That burns but with enough practice you can get it perfect.