Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
melancholy89

peeling skin after i put on foundation..help please

hey sometimes after i wash my face i put on foundation and concealer to hide my acne but my skin always starts peeling once i put it on. i use mositerizer (st ives aloe vara avanced tharpy lotion) should i change my mositerizer or what to keep my skin from peeling?

Try using some kind of exfoliant (I use Neut. Deep Clean scrubbing cleanser), to get the dead, flaky skin off. Then while your skin is still slightly damp, apply your moisturizer. Also, avoid over-heated (and thus over-dryed) rooms or add a humidifier if necessary.

Yes, I too have this problem, severly! I have very oily skin, but it looks dry and flaky! It starts out dry after I put on all of my oil control make-up products, but then oil appears over the flakes and makes it worse.I have tried exfoliation, this just makes my face red, hurts a lot and the flaky always comes back a couple of hours later. I use an extreme amount of moisturizer. What should I do? I have a professional job and cannot go without make-up, but the flaky skin is also very embarassing. Any one have a solution to the oily flake? :-k

jenjen, oh my gosh, that is so me! The oily flake! I know exactly what you mean...but I have no solution for it :( ](*,) I've tried everything, too. I'm afraid to exfoliate because I don't want to irritate my skin. But I don't even think exfoliating will help. :D

does your make-up end up looking caked on? because mine sure does! ugh, so annoying! [-(

anyone have any solutions? [-o<

This is me too . . #-o i use Airol (retin-a) at night and in the morning i wear this Revlon oil free non comodogenic foundation and i notice chit peeling..why ?? any body ? :(#

Have you all tried Jojoba oil? For me its WONDERFUL!! It sounds bad for oily skin but it has antibacterial properties that help cleanse and moisturize the skin. Heres a quote i found on a website about Jojoba oil:

"Jojoba oil does not block pores, cause blackheads or promote acne.

It is suspected that jojoba oil "tricks" the skin into stopping the production of sebum through somehow mimicking sebum. This also means that jojoba oil will assist in breaking down sebum in plugged-up pores. Sebum and jojoba oil will mix readily without sealing off the skin pores."

This is the website address if you would like to take a look:

http://www.ageless.co.za/jojobaoil.htm

You can find pure Jojoba oil at most health stores. I would recommend trying it out, it is wonderful for me!

:(

Angie

I used to have this problem when I lived in the dorm. I always had a rommate who drastically over-heated the air, so that it sucked every bit of moisture out of my skin. It got much better when I got a humidifier, and the problem went away completely when I moved (since I don't need the already dry Buffalo air in my domicile to be 80 degrees F).

queen helene's oatmeal scrub makes a difference when i use it in the morning, if i don't i see lots of gross dead skin after putting on my makeup.

Hum, maybe I will try the jojaba oil. Can you buy it just as the oil? Definitately going to invest in a new humidifier though, I know it really, really made a difference when I was taking the accutane, especially here in NM where it is usually only 10% humidity. Thanks for the advice =P~

I love ageless.com! It took quite a while to recv my order though...since they are quite a way from TX. But it was worth it.

I love jojoba oil too. It feels great and so far hasn't caused me any trouble. I don't use the oil straight, but it's th 1st ingredient listed on my moisturizer.

Hope it works for you too!

Ang