Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Susanna Banana

Been on regimen for two and a half months

I've had very high hopes for the regimen and followed it EXACTLY as dan tells you using the exact products: cetaphil, bp gel, and eucerin. Every once in awhile for maybe a couple of days my skin will look good, but then I always end up breaking out in the end. My skin looks worse now then from when I started. If you'd like to see this "progress" I have pictures posted in the gallery.

Anyway, I was just wondering if it's normal to still not be cleared up by two and a half months and if any of you out there have some kind of hopeful advice. This has really been getting me down and I just don't know what to do.

Thanks.

For some people, it has taken past the 3 month mark to start seeing sustained results, so you might hang in there a bit longer. If your acne is severe/persistent, the Regimen may not be enough. If your skin doesn't start showing some real improvement after another month or so, you might consider consulting with a dermatologist. But for some, it can take several months.

Make sure you are using the right amount of bp, and are not unnecessarily causing any irritation by picking or touching your skin alot.

Also, for women, my concern is always about what makeup products you are using. Foundations have always been a thorn in my side, no matter which one's, so take a look at your foundation, if you wear any, and see if you can find any problems there.

try switching moisturizers? it makes a huge diff i used eucerin and my skin was horrible then i switched to cetaphil and it couldnt be any better.

yeh. i do see what you mean bout it being worst off than when you started. does the bp not irritate you?? like it doesnt sting or nething? cos maybe ur actually allergic to it. im not sure. im suprised u stuck it out so long. damn, this is what i hate bout it. i mean even if some ppl stick with the regimen for so long, it still might not work. ive got my cous' wedding to go to in april and i really want to be clear then. well, at least clearer. neway, hope things work out for you.

I took a look at your photos...hmmmm...I say yes, stick with it for another 3 weeks or so, if that doesn't work, then see a derm. I think retin-A topical might work great for you. Also-are you on the pill? That could help too. I"m on Diane-35 after some cysts were coming back after accutane. It really helps (and I use the BP also-but in moderation).

Thanks for all the help guys. I'll stick with it for a little longer, work at picking at my skin less, and maybe even consider getting on the pill. I do believe it's largely hormonal and maybe something like birth control would help.