Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Stuck in a Rut

Hey, everyone. This new thing is exactly what we needed. Alright I have a question for everyone: What do you do when you feel like you are stuck in a rut and everything around you is so screwed up. Plus you have acne to deal with. I'm just going through so much right now and I can't talk to my sister and my best friend is out of town for a while and there is no way for us to communicate. All this alone time is making me feel so bad so I come on here and try to cheer other people up while I feel so bad. I was just wondering what you all do to cheer yourselves up when you're down. I try to listen to music but everything is just so messed up right now. I have so many problems. I can't deal with it so I try to ignore it but it gets all messed up. :(

I'm sorry things aren't looking well for you at the moment. :( What do I do when I'm down? I work out. Aerobics, even yoga. Blast some music and work up a sweat until you flop, no matter who says what to you or what is going on around you, you'll be too tired for any of it to matter! :D On top of the fact that's it's good for you. Do it routinely! A good work out can stimulate your mind, body, and spirits :D

Alternatively, try keeping a journal. That always cleanses my mind nicely. :D

Good luck, hun. Hope things start looking up real soon

We all have times when it feels like there is an unsurmountable barrage of problems...and that it is just too much to cope with. Do some stuff to unwind as suggested. But also look at the big problem and break it in to smaller parts and set about tackling each one in turn....that will help release the pressure and make you feel better.

Hey this is only a little part of our lives that we will all laugh about at some point in time.....Trust me I know it feels that way but it's not the worst thing that could happen

I find something else to do. Recently, I started stitching a pillow for a friend's birthday. Go to your local arts & crafts store, they have models to paint, and my new favorite, books on making tissue paper flowers. You can also just splurge- get a new haircut, highlights, buy some gorgeous clothes. Try volunteering, too. As hard as it may be to believe, there are people out there who are millions of times worse off than you are, and helping them may not only help you realize this, but boost your self esteem.

When you are stuck in a rut you need to change your routine somehow, just to get things going.

I usually inspire myself with some music and then I make a decision to do something I haven't done before or to be particularly brave in the way I carry myself.

Remember how lucky you are to have life and that it's a gift, that's what I try to do. Sometimes it doesn't work as well as other times though.