Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alx123

Salicylic and glycolic acid

Well i hav an astringent called vichy normaderm adn it contains both salicylic and glycolic acids i dont really use it anymore i use som kinda which hazel and aloe vera toner instead so it was on my desk and it fell down. It turns out tat it wasnt closed properly and kinda leaked a lil i dont think it was knocked down very long considerinh it was still very moist anyway the desk is wooden and has varnish on it. Wen i started to wipe off the astringent it turns out that the varnish was coming off too :| . To me tat jus raises the question of wtf we put on our faces cuz of this satan spawn called acne....

yeh but so wat? Lemon juice is a acid but if i leave it on a table would u expect it to eat the table? Dont be an idiot of course i know its a acid lol its jus tat im surprised at the concentration of it. I dont expect somthign tat i put or i should say use to put on my face to strip varnish if u do well....ur different i guess.

Guest Poker-Butt

it's an acid, what did u expect?

Um, the trick is to use things in moderation and you'll be fine. Too much of anything is usually bad, so it's no surprise that a pool of acid sitting on something will slowly over time eat away at the material. Think of things we put INTO our bodies, like Coca Cola for example. Moderation, moderation.

Guest Poker-Butt

GOOD EXAMPLE ^^^ COCA COLA!! EVERYTHING IN MODERATION BABY YEA!!!

By the way the thing about coke isnt real...http://www.breakthechain.org/awards/0307.html lol so bad example ive left coke on a table already it didnt peel off the varnish much less eat at the actual table. And the astringent wasnt there long maybe a couple hrs max so yeah....I dont know wats wrong wiht ppl sayin its an acid wat do u expect. THe water from ur tap isnt a neutral pH 7 u know but u dont c it peeling off varnish off the freakin table. should think a lil before just sayin acid wat do u expect. somthing wiht a supposely low concnetration of acid lik 2% or so shouldnt be that strong i think.