Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sassy_Svengali

Scars are starting to look better

My scars are looking less obvious!! :dance: I decided to wait and see what natural healing would do with my scars and I'm sooooo glad I did. Don't get me wrong, they are still there, but they are healing alot. I still want to do some noninvasive things to improve them, but only after a year has passed since i got them. My reason for waiting was bc I didn't want to make them maybe worse while they were healing.

I just wanted to tell everyone because I am so happy :D and so that other people might think about waiting a year for them to mature and heal.

Peace out. :angel:

Just some quick questions.

How old are you?

Have you done anything to your scars?

What type of scarring was it?

How long has it been?

How old are you?35

Have you done anything to your scars?No, not yet.

What type of scarring was it?Oh, they're stil there, but they are fillling in a bit or something. All I know is that they look better.

They are icepicks, boxscars and saucer scars. The scarred pores look the same.

How long has it been?Seven months now.

I was using it only on my forehead for about a month, but I stopped. I didn't really like it and it didn't seem to be doing much at all for anything.

My scars on my cheeks have improved the most.

I'm glad I waited. I was afraid doing something before the scars have fully healed would make them worse, or at the very least halt their healing in their tracks. I'd rather be safe than sorry. I can always have something done in six months and I will, because I know they'll still be there, but I'll be better able to gauge what I should do to fix them once they've matured.

I posted this for people with scars less than one year old so maybe they can think about waiting too, because they can improve on their own some.

I wasn't doing anything. I decided to let my scars heal for the recommended one year until they are mature before doing any scar revisions. I thought it best because I didn't want to make them worse while they are still fresh and vulnerable to more damage. I wanted to see what the healing effects of time could accomplish on its own.

I still have scars and will get something done in six months (when they are one year old). I just wanted people with new scars to think and maybe give time a chance and to wait until the scars are done with their own timetable of healing. They may fill in a little and then you can take it from there.

I am glad I waited and will reevaluate them in June.

Guest tired of this shish

COOL!!!!!!!

I have some that are about 1 month old, but with my old ones-those never healed. The new ones I don't know if i should leave them alone or do something about it.

I have old ones too. They always look better after some time (in my casr anyway). My advice is to wait at least six months, because you don't want to reinjure a new wound, which is what a scar really is. I mean, if you cut your arm, would you do something to aggaravate it before it was completely healed? It's completely up to you, but time is cheap :D and you can always do something in a year. At least you won't have to wonder how it would've healed on its own or God forbid, if you've made it worse :shock:. Besides, most stuff I read about on here is pretty ineffective anyway...:(

I have old ones too. They always look better after some time (in my casr anyway). My advice is to wait at least six months, because you don't want to reinjure a new wound, which is what a scar really is. I mean, if you cut your arm, would you do something to aggaravate it before it was completely healed?

If you broke your arm and left it to heal without first resetting it and protecting it with a splint or cast then it would heal badly. Sometimes intervention is the right thing to do.

I have old ones too. They always look better after some time (in my casr anyway). My advice is to wait at least six months, because you don't want to reinjure a new wound, which is what a scar really is. I mean, if you cut your arm, would you do something to aggaravate it before it was completely healed?

If you broke your arm and left it to heal without first resetting it and protecting it with a splint or cast then it would heal badly. Sometimes intervention is the right thing to do.

I said if you cut your arm... :) I don't think that aggravating or disturbing the body's healing process is a good idea, but that's just my personal opinion. I'm just putting this out there for others to think about before they do something (maybe) too soon.

I agreed with Sassy_Svengali !! after the red marks faded.. the scars look a little less prominent .. but they are still there >_<

Yes, they are definately stiill there! I will do something after the full year has passed...I know they won't be gone :(, but I can gauge how to treat them better. Also, Dr's say some will go away after they heal, but not all. They just fill in a bit...I'll take it!