Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tart

Cheaper Mineral Makeup

I'm wanting to try mineral makeup. I looked at the bare essenctuals site and I don't think I'm wanting to pay 60 bucks for something I'm so skeptical about...

Any cheaper, but still effective versions?

Everyday Minerals. I picked it up on Ebay. The kit is much larger than the BE kits. These are full sizes instead of samples.

For $25 (S&H included) I got:

two full size foundations

finishing dust

bronzer

concealer

and a kabuki brush

The kabuki brush isn't the best, so I'd suggest in buying a better quality one.

I don't know much about the cost of bare minerals, but I found this brand, Larenim, go to www.Larenim.com. I was impressed with the description and testimonials (under"applause"). You can purchase samples for 3.95 or something, and free shipping if you order $25. Its worth taking a look. Every other makeup product looks cakey on me, wrinkles show, and my pores look big. I'll be posting after I get my samples and try it.

I just ordered an awesome set from www.smokymountainminerals.com...it's definitely a LOT cheaper than Bare Minerals and they've got almost perfect reviews from ebay users. I haven't gotten my set yet, but i'm pretty excited.

Also, if you want to just go out and buy mineral makeup at a store, I'd go with Physician's Forumula "Mineral Wear." It's about 12 bucks, but it's absolutely worth it. That's what I've been using, and it makes my skin look amazing. My skin tends to get dry throughout the day, and this makeup doesn't let any dryness show. I'm all about this shit.

I have tried Larenim. It's pretty good. I love the bronzers and blushes. But I prefer the mineral foundation of Pure Luxe. Also, Aromaleigh is really good. All are much cheaper than BE and all offer samples for $3 or less. pureluxecosmetics.com aromaleigh.com

Good luck and have fun!

Physician's Formula has mineral makeup at CVS, and neutrogena's mineral sheers will be on sale in march. I can't vouch for quality because I've never used them but they're an option if you don't like ordering from these teensy unheard-of websites.

I just bought the flawless application brush and bareMinerals foundation. It not expensive as long as you don't buy the kits that contain blush, powder, etc.

Ok so it's $60 plus shipping and handling if you have to pay for that...unless you go to Sephora.

Granted you get brushes, nothing in that kit is full size. It's all sample sizes.

I purchased the Everyday Minerals and paid $25. It included two foundations, concealer, bronzer, finishing dust, and kabuki brush, and everything was full size.

BE isn't natural like they claim. It contains bismuth which can be bad for some acne prone people. It was for me, because it irritates my skin to no end. It was nothing but a disaster. It always made me look chalky. The colors did not match at all.

www.Jlynnecosmetics.com is my favorite. The owner is super nice,you join her delphi board and members get special discounts from time to time,she has a birthday club (I just got a $10.00 gift certificate),there is a referal club where you get FREE MAKE UP!!! Free shipping on certain purchasesThe women on the board are super nice and very helpful!!! Be Sure to tell her Lesa~rhavensunflower sent you!!!!