Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
C-S

don't know if you know about this...

thanks jess...

and u use it once a day??

149$ US right? man its gonna cost alot since im in canada..lol..but sounds worth it

you can use it once a day on spots...and that only takes 10 minutes. But if you have a really stubborn spot, you can use it up to twice per day in the same spot, and they recommend doing that in the morning and evening. trust me Danny it's worth it...let us know how it's working for u :)

ok..hehe i think im gonna go for it

and im ok to use my BP with it? and moisturizer?

im stopping the jojoba..my face is breakin out off and on its driving me nuts and im headin for vacation on tuesday...grrr

You should wash with a gentle cleanser before using it, and I have no idea when the new product will come out and they don't either-anything new is still being developed, but they're working on something to make it more powerful at least. If you're interested I wouldn't wait because this model is already so popular they could sell it for a long time imo, I know they sold out of the first model because a lot of my friends wanted to get one after I IMed about it and sent them some pics. so it could be like 3 years until they have another version or something and it's hard to say where I'll be in 3 years with my skin...I mean if you want to try it out they have a money back guarantee and all but I doubt anyone would send this back lol.

I think you'll be ready to take on the campus in no time Cleo... you know you can also earn the equivalent of a 2 year college education just by listening to audiotapes and books, right? I :wub: listening to all kinds of stuff on my mp3 player-I hope u have one of those as well ;)

Thanks lol. I think, if I'm not ready to start college yet for the fall, I'm going to take online classes for a semester. I tried doing that last year, but I had to drop the courses for another surgery :rolleyes:

And I didn't know that about audiotapes. I wish I could do that. But I'm deaf :wall:

Hey Jess, Do you use a ALA? I've read that by using a ALA, the light penetrates the skin further yielding faster/better results.

I'm trying to find whats the best ala to buy but I don't think it's available to the public.

I finally got to try out my Dermastyle, and boy am i impressed! There was a painful red cystic pimple waiting to rear its ugly head on my chin. I held the pen directly against it twice (morning and night, 10 mins each time) and the next day it came up as a tiny whitehead and fell off in a matter of hours. No scars, no creams, no dry skin. I'm very happy.

Can you over use it? I've had it for a week and while I feel it has worked I have a very large red bump since last week and the DermaStyle may have prevented it from being a disaster but it isn't going away.

When I watch a movie in bed I do 10 mins here, 10 here, etc and I end up doing it for 2 hours. On my megaspot if I use it too many times will it iritate it?

ok im tryin to order it...but i need it to be shipped to my boyfriends place in the states so what do i put for billing? i assume my address since my credit card is linked to my own address but it didnt work

G'day fellow old chums,

Reading this whole thread was very interesting.

I have placed an order for one of these pens. Hopefully I do get to review it soon enough =]

I do love to try new things & 30 day money back too.

Oh, one thing though. I live in Australia, do I need to get a power converter?

Sorry to hear it did not work, at least you did get a refund =]

Some other companies make refunds and money back impossible or so I've tried.

What happened to the new light they were talking about in the news that will clear skin within 48 hours with some sort of gel and light combination?

I have two questions

First should I wait for the new full size device?

If I order off Amazon where the device is cheaper, do I still have a 30 day guarantee?

What happened to the new light they were talking about in the news that will clear skin within 48 hours with some sort of gel and light combination?

Applying ALA because you skin more sensitive to light, therefore the results will be faster. I think BP also makes you sensitive to the light.

But there's is no such thing as a light clearing your skin in 48 hours. Matter of fact, there's no know treatment that can give you clear skin in 48 hours. It takes time.. a lot more time depending on the kind of acne you have.

Alright so here is the deal. I've tried Acne products from A-Z, antibiotics, creams , and so on. The main point of all that medication was not to cure the root cause of acne, hormonal imbalance but to cure the symptoms of acne, pimples, blemishes ect. So I was skeptical at first how light would work better then creams or antibiotics.

Once I started using the pen i gradually stopped, BP treatments and the like. It works much better to target a certain pimple or blemish then me putting tons of BP on the area. I also have to 100% agree on popping pimples, it only aggrevates the skin and spreads the infection elsewhere.

Granted, this pen will NOT cure your acne, and it is not designed to. It will not fix the hormonal imbalance in your body. However what it will do is succesfully treat the symptoms of acne before they form if you dedicate time and consistency when using this product. I recommend it, light frequency does not take into effect if you are allergic to Benzyl peroxide or any other topical medications. Light frequency penetrates your skin much like UV rays. Ofcourse these rays are on a different frequency then the rays of the sun, and are fired at a much higher concentration.

The rays penetrate the skin, and target the bacteria under the skin. I was pretty curious how this works, so I went to a lab at my university and actually did an experiment on Bacteria and high frequency light. Bacteria is vulnerable to light, especially at certain frequency. When I zapped it with 300-400 high concentrated light it died, with 10 times the rapidity of adding penicilin or an antibiotic to the petri dish. Light will penetrate your skin because the pores are huge compared to the atoms, it will also penetrate the bacteria which is causing your acne. The thing is, the higher the frquency of light at certain wavelengths the more effective it is. But you also have to take in effect side effects of putting such high freq light directly onto your face.

However two important factors contribute to how effectively you are able to kill bacteria. 1. The consistency of the light waves. by consistency i mean, you need to keep the wavelength in NM pretty consistent throughout the experiment. 2. Heat, change in energy produces heat. Heat can damage the skin, and cause discoloration and the sort therefore to treat skin you need UV light that offers no thermal energy emission. Lumiport offers both, there for it works really well.

The pen works ideally, IF you use it consistenly enough to kill ALL the bacteria. While the highly concentrated light rays do kill bacteria, the termination of them, will in turn allow the bacteria to remultiply. Usually penicillian will destroy all the bacteria over a longer duration, but if you target the light for about 15 minutes it will do the job much faster.

That's how it works.

Hey for those of you who have used this, did you find that it made your pimples get worse, or come to a head faster? Or did it shrink your pimples?

I've been using lumiport for about three days now, and it seems like I'm getting more pimples. The areas I use it on, the pimples get bigger and red. Is this just because it's killing the bacteria and my skin is purging them?

Thanks.

Hey for those of you who have used this, did you find that it made your pimples get worse, or come to a head faster? Or did it shrink your pimples?

I've been using lumiport for about three days now, and it seems like I'm getting more pimples. The areas I use it on, the pimples get bigger and red. Is this just because it's killing the bacteria and my skin is purging them?

Thanks.

Maybe you are not using it properly, its suppose to suppress the pimples not bring them out even more. 3 days your pimple is suppose to go away... maybe it doesn't work on active acne but only on the ones that are "about" to show themselves.. it prevents future acne I think only.

No, I think I am using it correctly. I'm following the directions that came with the device exactly, using it for 10 min in the morning and 10 at night. I haven't seen it prevent any kind of acne. I get pimples on my right chin and I've been using lumiport consistently on that area over the past few days.....but it hasn't prevented any new ones from forming there.

I had this "feel-it-coming" one on my chin and I thought lumiport would stop it in its track and calm the inflammation. But no, the thing just grew and grew and grew.

The red light is supposed to help healing and everything. I used it on old pimples, thinking it would make them heal faster, but they just got redder and came to a head again.

I've had it for about a week. So far, for me, I think it makes your existing acne worse (maybe it gets worse before it gets better?) But, no acne prevention here either.

Who knows, I'll give it some more time. But, I'm probably going to return it before the 30 days thing is up.

1. The consistency of the light waves. by consistency i mean, you need to keep the wavelength in NM pretty consistent throughout the experiment. 2. Heat, change in energy produces heat. Heat can damage the skin, and cause discoloration and the sort therefore to treat skin you need UV light that offers no thermal energy emission. Lumiport offers both, there for it works really well.

My DermaStyle pen got pretty warm (near hot sometimes)....maybe I shouldn't let it touch the skin. Because I know for sure after the treatment my skin seemed irritated and red.