Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
C-S

don't know if you know about this...

its worked for me, i no longer worry about acne. when one crops up a quick session takes care of it.

I was selling one of my pens on ebay but the sheister didn't pay up so i've had to re-list. if anyone is interested saving a bit, look it up.

Thanks Sgt Pepper. I see that you've been on these boards for several years. Is this the first time something has really worked for you? Can you tell me more about your situation...did you have moderate acne or what? When one "pops up", do you zap it w/ the pen before it becomes noticeable and does that keep it from becoming noticeable? Thanks!!!

Guest WolfPleb

I am interested in phototherapy options, since it does seem like a very elegant solution/treatment. But it also smells of snake oil to me, even if it is somewhat effective...

any input?

It's definitely not snake oil; the guy Dr. Chu who did the research is probably the top acne derm in Britain.

Besides, I've got a lamp; my skin is *never* as good as when I'm on phototherapy. Literally 75% improvement in spots and a massive general improvement in skin quality. When I say never, I've had acne for well over 10 years and within 6 weeks my skin was improving and within 3 months I had about the best skin I'd had since I developed acne.

Oh, I don't deny the effectiveness of light therapy, I think it is a great solution, and clearly the majority of people that use it have excellent results. Also, I'm sure that the lumiport pen works as well, it's just that... I don't see why I can't just get a circuit board +power supply, wire..et.c a dozen red LEDs @ ~650 nm wavelength and a dozen blue LEDs @ ~430 nm wave length and have the same effects or better. It would cost me far less than $149 and I would be able to cover a wider area of my face.

Lumiport; i was (and am :} also talking to someone (Hana) @ your company through email, i opted to try and not touch my face when using the pen to prevent the "transporting" of bacteria.

thanks for all the replies anyway.

I just ordered Lumiport yesterday because from what I hear it will change my skin for the better. But I haven't got an email from then yet saying when it will come so, idk.

i never got an email when i ordered either, so i emailed the customer service asking when i should expect it and its been dispatched but it may be a week or two coz im in the uk :( hurry up lol

I'm thinking about this. If I don't like it, full refund within 60 days?

that's what the Lumiport guy said, the web site is also updated to 60 days money back guarantee.

I ordered the Lumiport pen and used it for a few weeks. It works, but I have moderate acne and it just takes too long to go over each pimple for 10 minutes. If you put it on each spot for 10 minutes, you'll see amazing results though. I sent mine back and got my $149 back quite quickly.

I ordered the Lumiport pen and used it for a few weeks. It works, but I have moderate acne and it just takes too long to go over each pimple for 10 minutes. If you put it on each spot for 10 minutes, you'll see amazing results though. I sent mine back and got my $149 back quite quickly.

and you use something else ?... just wondering.

Nah. I wish Lumiport would come out with a full-face light. That would work wonders. Right now I'm trying a more holistic approach... although I did buy PureInside (haha :rolleyes:). I've cleaned up my diet, I'm using Nature's Way, Alive! multi-vitamin, carrot juice (for consumption), tea tree oil, and aloe vera. Results are so-so so far. Still waiting on my PureInside. Maybe it'll be a miracle cure. No one has said anything negative about it so far... because no one's tried it. So maybe it'll do something

well, instead of waiting around like i should for a glowing review of this thing, i've decided to try it out so i just bought one. i figure it can't be any more useless than that Zeno crap. i do know that my sci/art lights work, so hopefully this will as well. i'll keep everyone informed

I've been using the demastyle for about two weeks and have seen positive results. I googled light therapy + acne and found this site: http://www.acnelamp.com/index.php?lang=eng. Their products contain 21-2000+ LED's. With so much good feedback about the dermastyle pen, it seems like products w/ more LED's would be even more effective( especially starting w/ 21X more LEDs O_O..) They also have products for full facial treatments. Additionally, their equivalent of the dermastyle pen( 1 LED ) costs only $40. There are some stats comparing their products to other light therapy products. I must say, I'm alittle hesitant to redirect people to another product.. The dermastyle people are so nice. What do you guys think?

This works with cysts? Man I recently have been getting a concentration of cysts on my temples. This hasn't happened since last summer. It sucks!

Oh, I don't deny the effectiveness of light therapy, I think it is a great solution, and clearly the majority of people that use it have excellent results. Also, I'm sure that the lumiport pen works as well, it's just that... I don't see why I can't just get a circuit board +power supply, wire..et.c a dozen red LEDs @ ~650 nm wavelength and a dozen blue LEDs @ ~430 nm wave length and have the same effects or better. It would cost me far less than $149 and I would be able to cover a wider area of my face.

It would work if you can manage to put out the same effect from your LEDs on the same area that the pen does.

Lumiport - i thought id try asking a question here as i e-mailed the company last week and still havn't got a reply. I ordered one of the pens and after three weeks it still hasn't arrived. How long does it normally take to ship to Australia?

Lumiport - i thought id try asking a question here as i e-mailed the company last week and still havn't got a reply. I ordered one of the pens and after three weeks it still hasn't arrived. How long does it normally take to ship to Australia?

I just got mine today I ordered it last week and I live in IL so no clue. Idk I tried it and i hope when i wake up tommorow morning ill see atleast some inprovement, I just have blackheads that won't go away :wall:

I just got mine today I ordered it last week and I live in IL so no clue. Idk I tried it and i hope when i wake up tommorow morning ill see atleast some inprovement, I just have blackheads that won't go away :wall:

It's generally not a good idea to judge ANY product after just one day, unless it does sometime drastic. Give it a week at least :)

this is ridiculous, i ordered mine 2 weeks ago! i dont need it anymore, as soon as it arrives its going straight back :doubt:

this is ridiculous, i ordered mine 2 weeks ago! i dont need it anymore, as soon as it arrives its going straight back :doubt:

lol speak of the devil, it came this morning! smaller than i expected, its smaller than a normal pen lol but a bit wider. im gonna give it a go on some red marks, i wonder if it heals them too :think: i hope my 60 day warranty starts from now, not two weeks ago

edit - heres some pics it comes with the coolest diddy little case, it has like pockets stuffed full of cleaning alcohol wipes (like 100 free wipes) and even has a mirror in it lol

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

sorry about the shitty pics lol, its night time

lol speak of the devil, it came this morning! smaller than i expected, its smaller than a normal pen lol but a bit wider. im gonna give it a go on some red marks, i wonder if it heals them too :think: i hope my 60 day warranty starts from now, not two weeks ago

edit - heres some pics it comes with the coolest diddy little case, it has like pockets stuffed full of cleaning alcohol wipes (like 100 free wipes) and even has a mirror in it lol

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

sorry about the shitty pics lol, its night time

They seem to be very understanding and nice. If you explained yourself I have no doubt they would give you an extra two weeks.

Yo will this work if I have an oily face? someone please answer please

Yes. Just be sure to rub the light w/ the little wipeys that comes with it between sessions.

this kinda looks promising, and im thinking about giving it a go.

the only thing that seems to be a problem is that if you use it to get rid of a pimple in one spot, will it just pop up somewhere else?

so it wouldn't be solving the problem, it would just be causing it somewhere else.

someone let me know if this is the case.