Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
C-S

don't know if you know about this...

Rudeboy,

We always send a carrying case with alcohol wipes. Did you look beneath the packaging? We have found that some of our customers only take out the pen and the charger because that is what on top of the packaging. However, underneath the packaging there is a carrying case with alcohol swabs. Let me know after you checked that if you still did not receive those.

Lumiport

Lumiport; for now let's assume i didn't inspect the package close enough since i didn't expect those extra 'goodies'... box is @ home, i will check when i go home.

thanks..

did C-Severy report back on how the pen went? why does it say he only has 1 post. wer'd the lunimport guy popout of all of a sudden :eh: . this smells fishyy :think:

did C-Severy report back on how the pen went? why does it say he only has 1 post. wer'd the lunimport guy popout of all of a sudden :eh: . this smells fishyy :think:

yes, that C-S seems to have disappeared... and i think that guy (??) from Lumiport got tipped by someone that there was talk about their product. i just received their "pen" and we'll see, i'm pretty optimistic.

I have no ties at all to Lumiport. I was just another skeptical customer. A little over two weeks into using the product, I'm completely convinced.

I have no ties at all to Lumiport. I was just another skeptical customer. A little over two weeks into using the product, I'm completely convinced.

i have no ties either (besides that i did bizniz w/ them :} ...i already had someone say they see improvement and i only have the product for 2 days. my only 'issue' with this product is the exact

same issue i have with all topical products, zits can still sneak up on you :}

I am currently using the sci/art dichro blue/red bulbs. They work very well. However, here is my problem...I just bought a new bed. I used to clamp the lights to my headboard on my old bed and it worked great. however, with my new bed, the lights cannot clamp on any longer and I don't have any other place to clamp them to that would be comfortable for me to sit in front of for 15 minutes. I could buy the floor stand lamps that sci/art sells which would solve my problem but they cost $140. So, my question is, does anyone have any better ideas on how to mount these lights?

Also, it may just be more cost effective for me to buy the lumiport pen. I am just scared that it won't be as effective. But just looking at a comparison, it looks like it may be (http://www.acnelamp.com/comparison.php?lang=eng).

Does the lumiport just spot treat parts of your face? Or does it cover your whole face enough so that you only need one 15 minute session of it? Thanks.

Does the lumiport just spot treat parts of your face? Or does it cover your whole face enough so that you only need one 15 minute session of it? Thanks.

it's a spot treatment with the pen... you can treat your whole face if you have a lot of time :}

Thanks, Rudeboy.

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of the acnelamp red/blue handheld device? It looks like this is not a spot treatment device, rather it is more of a whole-face treatment.

Lumiport: i checked last night and you were correct, the carrying case and wipes where underneath the inside of the box, cool.

now for something else... this morning it occurred to me that at least 2 upcoming spots faded almost completely after several 'treatments' but also 2 are upcoming in a different place :(

btw...Jess, are you still out there? Are you still having good results with this? Any updates?

Guest WolfPleb

I am currently using the sci/art dichro blue/red bulbs. They work very well. However, here is my problem...I just bought a new bed. I used to clamp the lights to my headboard on my old bed and it worked great. however, with my new bed, the lights cannot clamp on any longer and I don't have any other place to clamp them to that would be comfortable for me to sit in front of for 15 minutes. I could buy the floor stand lamps that sci/art sells which would solve my problem but they cost $140. So, my question is, does anyone have any better ideas on how to mount these lights?

Also, it may just be more cost effective for me to buy the lumiport pen. I am just scared that it won't be as effective. But just looking at a comparison, it looks like it may be (http://www.acnelamp.com/comparison.php?lang=eng).

You're probably much better off with the dichroic's you've got. The pen works but it can only treat small areas; and you have to hold it.

Just take the bulb down to a lighting shop and show them, just get any cheap holder; you don't need the sci/art holder. The bulb has a standard screw-on fitting. The sci/art stuff is just reselling stuff they bought elsewhere at 50% markup to cover their costs.

The pen would be good if you need something small, unobtrusive and portable, and if you're prepared to spend longer treating your acne, otherwise stick with what you've got.

You're probably much better off with the dichroic's you've got. The pen works but it can only treat small areas; and you have to hold it.

Just take the bulb down to a lighting shop and show them, just get any cheap holder; you don't need the sci/art holder. The bulb has a standard screw-on fitting. The sci/art stuff is just reselling stuff they bought elsewhere at 50% markup to cover their costs.

The pen would be good if you need something small, unobtrusive and portable, and if you're prepared to spend longer treating your acne, otherwise stick with what you've got.

Sounds like good advice. So is there a general consensus on this lumiport pen? I know firsthand that light therapy works long term (as evidenced by my sci/art bulbs). But does this lumiport pen really work well as a "quick" healer of existing blemishes?

C-S apparently is now known as roflcopter.

does everybody who uses this clean the lens after every spot they treat ?

Jess: love the (scary looking) device you created so you can use 2 hands while using the "pen".. what did you attach to that visor anyway ?

Guest WolfPleb

Sounds like good advice. So is there a general consensus on this lumiport pen? I know firsthand that light therapy works long term (as evidenced by my sci/art bulbs). But does this lumiport pen really work well as a "quick" healer of existing blemishes?

It works the same as the Sci/art bulbs or any of the other intense blue/red treatments, just over a smaller area (about the same intensity). All any of these red/blue treatments have to do is deliver light of the right colour at sufficient intensity to work.

Some might be a bit more intense or less intense than the others, or cover bigger or smaller areas and hence slower or faster, but other than that, they all produce light, and when all is said and done, light is light.

Rudeboy,

It is important to clean the lens after every use if you are directly touching the pen to the skin. When this happens bacteria collects on the tip of the light pen and therefore can be transferred to other areas of the face when used without cleaning. However, if you are holding the pen away from the skin you will not need to cleanse the lens after every spot, more like once a day.

Lumiport

Lumiport; i was (and am :} also talking to someone (Hana) @ your company through email, i opted to try and not touch my face when using the pen to prevent the "transporting" of bacteria.

thanks for all the replies anyway.

Lumiport; i was (and am :} also talking to someone (Hana) @ your company through email, i opted to try and not touch my face when using the pen to prevent the "transporting" of bacteria.

thanks for all the replies anyway.

I just ordered Lumiport yesterday because from what I hear it will change my skin for the better. But I haven't got an email from then yet saying when it will come so, idk.

Maybe the Lumiport rep can answer this one.

Basically, it's just a blue/red LED that is calibrated to a specific wavelength/power output right? Yet it costs $149.

LEDs are pretty damn inexpensive, is it really that impossible for the end-user to simply buy an LED array and calibrate them to emit light at the same wavelengths? surely this would be possible?

I am interested in phototherapy options, since it does seem like a very elegant solution/treatment. But it also smells of snake oil to me, even if it is somewhat effective...

any input?

I just ordered Lumiport yesterday because from what I hear it will change my skin for the better. But I haven't got an email from then yet saying when it will come so, idk.

hmz, weird... i had an email shortly after i ordered.

its worked for me, i no longer worry about acne. when one crops up a quick session takes care of it.

I was selling one of my pens on ebay but the sheister didn't pay up so i've had to re-list. if anyone is interested saving a bit, look it up.

hey, I've been lookin at the Lumiport site for awhile, and this thread (or watever u call it post or forum LoL) pretty much convinced me to buy, so I ordered on tuesday and chose the Fedex option, it arrived today, (only 2 days pretty quick)...........I don really have "horrible" acne, no cysts or anything jus some red bumps, whiteheads here and there that's it but I kno every1 here can relate to how fuc**ng annoying they can get an I'm not much of a fan of too many creams........... and I'm in a business where I socialize ALOT so it'd be better on me and my business to clear up my acne..........So I'll post up with some results sometime soon....... By tha way I didn get one of those manuals, jus the pen, case with wipes and the charger hmmmmm wonder if there's anything important in that manual, an I saw a Lumiport Rep. sayin they extended the money-back to 60 days why hasn't this been updated on their site?