Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alx123

Does this moisturiser clog pores?

Well i went and bought some kinda aloe vera moisturizer thing and i was wonderin if any one can tell me if any of these ingredients clog pores.

Ingredients:Aloe Barbadensis leaf juice, SD alcohol 40, glycerin, polysorbate 20, carbomer, triethanolmine, methylparaben, benzophenone - 4, imidazolidinyl, urea, fragrance, yellow 5, blue 1.

Yeh i know it looks lik greek but if anyone can tell me ill appreciate it alot thanks.

There's nothing in it that screams comdeogenicity...

Aloe Barbadensis leaf juice (Active Ingredient.... I guess) , SD alcohol 40 (I have no clue why, maybe for a cooling effect, but it's drying as hell, and can irritate), glycerin (humectant...helps moisturize), polysorbate 20 (solubilizer for the fragrance oil, helps the product be clear), carbomer (polymer that forms a gel), triethanolmine (a base required to neutralize the carbomer and form the gel), methylparaben (preservative), benzophenone - 4 (UV light absorber to prevent yellowing of the fragrance), imidazolidinyl urea (a preservative), fragrance (not gonna explain this one), yellow 5 (colorant), blue 1 (colorant).

It's probably not a great moisturizer, I highly doubt it's comedogenic so it shouldn't clog your pores, but it contains alcohol which can be drying and irritating.....