Notifications
Clear all

Advise on Excision Please

MemberMember
(@holelyface)

Posted : 01/31/2006 3:17 pm

Wonder those who had done excision before.... is the fine lines obvious? And Does it fades aways over time? Does the laser resurfacing able to fade the fine lines well?

MemberMember
(@keithr23)

Posted : 02/01/2006 3:33 pm

Excision scars are much better looking than a crater. Most people have said that the scars are almost unoticable. yeah laser resurfacing will definately take away the linear scar after an excision.

MemberMember
(@tom_tom)

Posted : 02/01/2006 4:23 pm

my experience had been otherwise

my excision - all 4 of them left with worse scars

my scars were not bad to begin with and in attempt to perfect my skin i did 4 excsions and all of them made the scar worse

they left with craters and stitch marks and redness permanent

i wish i culd turn back time

there are many people in this forum who had good results.i think the key is the size of excision

smaller ones wuld yield better results

my scars were like 3-4 mm

MemberMember
(@suzannehopes)

Posted : 02/01/2006 5:17 pm

my scars were not bad to begin with and in attempt to perfect my skin i did 4 excsions and all of them made the scar worse

there are many people in this forum who had good results.i think the key is the size of excision

Oh tomtom..I am so sorry your excisions turned out badly, are these the same ones you had done in Vegas last summer? or did you go to Dr. Tauris, the surgeon I recommended? God, I hope not....I would really feel horrible..and responsible. :(

I recently had 2 excisions, the doc did internal stitches, both formed a hematoma (blood clot) underneath..after they healed I was left with new crater like scars, stitch marks and thick ref linear scars as well. i have no idea why this happened unless he pulled the internal stitches too tight..did you have internal stitches? He wont redo now im out the $$ and have worse scars...

holeyface- everyone heals differently. IMO the younger you are the better excision healing. When I was in my 20's my excisions healed quickly and after a few months no linear scar was visible at all..but that was me. now that im much older things are just not working out..

The linear excision scar takes many months to mature (and/or fade out)

MemberMember
(@autom8ed)

Posted : 02/01/2006 6:02 pm

Another vote to err on the side of caution. My excised scar is less shallow but much broader and looks like even more of a crater in certain lights

MemberMember
(@holelyface)

Posted : 02/05/2006 7:16 am

Oh tomtom..I am so sorry your excisions turned out badly, are these the same ones you had done in Vegas last summer? or did you go to Dr. Tauris, the surgeon I recommended? God, I hope not....I would really feel horrible..and responsible. :(

I recently had 2 excisions, the doc did internal stitches, both formed a hematoma (blood clot) underneath..after they healed I was left with new crater like scars, stitch marks and thick ref linear scars as well. i have no idea why this happened unless he pulled the internal stitches too tight..did you have internal stitches? He wont redo now im out the $$ and have worse scars...

holeyface- everyone heals differently. IMO the younger you are the better excision healing. When I was in my 20's my excisions healed quickly and after a few months no linear scar was visible at all..but that was me. now that im much older things are just not working out..

The linear excision scar takes many months to mature (and/or fade out)

Thanks for all your opinion it really helps. As I was quite scared when my doctor told me about the linear scars. I heard that its quite negligible though but if there's a possibility to have lines on my face still scares me. Simply I got quite a few to be excised. I wanted to do some excision and maybe a CO2 or something to get rid of it if it helps for some of my deep ice picks. I am in the 20s.

MemberMember
(@strawberryskin)

Posted : 02/06/2006 5:13 am

holelyface : when are you planning to excise your scars?

I am thinking to do that as well.... actually i have already booked the derm. dunno whether i will freak out in the last minute

MemberMember
(@holelyface)

Posted : 02/06/2006 5:17 am

holelyface : when are you planning to excise your scars?

I am thinking to do that as well.... actually i have already booked the derm. dunno whether i will freak out in the last minute

Yea probably after my fraxel. Considering still maybe trying TCA cross.

MemberMember
(@brilliant)

Posted : 02/09/2006 6:25 am

hey... holeyface, can i know where are u doing excision? u are singaporean rite? the doc that i went said the excision part of my scar will still left a hole but not that pitted. urs said that it will leave a linear scar? can i noe wats the cost?

MemberMember
(@holelyface)

Posted : 02/09/2006 7:08 am

hey... holeyface, can i know where are u doing excision? u are singaporean rite? the doc that i went said the excision part of my scar will still left a hole but not that pitted. urs said that it will leave a linear scar? can i noe wats the cost?

Never done one yet. But he did mention it will end up in linear scars, it is supposed to be like that. Unless you mean subcision. Try New Changi Hospital

MemberMember
(@brilliant)

Posted : 02/09/2006 7:17 am

do u mean changi general hospital? if not... can i know the address and which dermatalogist u went to? mine is Dr Tay Yong Kwang at Changi general hospital.

MemberMember
(@sapphire)

Posted : 02/09/2006 9:34 am

I had a huge crater 8mm had dermabrasion which softened the borders a little, but it was still very deep and ugly. I had an excision 3/05. The linear scar is much better than the crater, BUT the linear scar is still indented--just not as deep. It is about an inch long-on my cheek. Kinda looked like a slash and when I'd smile it "divided" my cheek. With time it became somewhat less noticeable, but not as good as I know it can be--I am aiming for FLAT--I'm ok with the scar--just not the contour/indented quaility it has. So, 3 weeks ago I had a spot CO2 laser treatment. Still too early to predict, but it has softened the edges of the scar, however is still indented, but has improved. I am happy I did the CO2 and will see how things turn out after the pinkness fades, plus I am still going thru peeling/flaking stages. I'm hoping the CP serum will help. I am gradually using it. If anyone is intersted I can email some pictures. PM me with your email address.

Best to all...

Sapphire

MemberMember
(@holelyface)

Posted : 02/09/2006 9:35 am

do u mean changi general hospital? if not... can i know the address and which dermatalogist u went to? mine is Dr Tay Yong Kwang at Changi general hospital.

Yea I went to him. He does excision. Didn't did it though. I think his trying to put the patient with low expectation first before doing it so that when the results are out you'll fee better. If you're going for a excision you must plan for a resurfacing too. He does erbim yag, but I would say its not a good ideal to go for that. Try fraxel or CO2. If you need contact let me know.

MemberMember
(@brilliant)

Posted : 02/09/2006 9:44 am

To Holeyface: u mean the Dr Tay Yong Kwang said there will be a linear scar left after excision? can i know how big is your scar then? mine is about 4 mm... wat abt u?

MemberMember
(@holelyface)

Posted : 02/09/2006 10:44 am

To Holeyface: u mean the Dr Tay Yong Kwang said there will be a linear scar left after excision? can i know how big is your scar then? mine is about 4 mm... wat abt u?

It depends on your scar type. If you got box scar about 4 mm I say you do a subcision. if you got a really deep ice pick then excision seems only option.

MemberMember
(@jsb)

Posted : 02/09/2006 1:13 pm

how do you measure the scar?Sapphire's 8mm is pretty deep and seems unrealistic...

MemberMember
(@colonel-angus)

Posted : 02/09/2006 2:44 pm

I am pretty sure sapphire is talking about 8mm in diameter and not 8mm deep.

MemberMember
(@holelyface)

Posted : 02/09/2006 9:34 pm

how do you measure the scar?Sapphire's 8mm is pretty deep and seems unrealistic...

Yea the diameter not the depth

MemberMember
(@sapphire)

Posted : 02/10/2006 12:50 am

Yes, I was talking about the diameter. Not sure about the depth, but perhaps it was 1.5 -2mm deep.

It seemed like it was 8 meters deep!!! Excision was the only thing IMO that stood a chance to improve a scar as deep as mine.

MemberMember
(@keithr23)

Posted : 02/10/2006 12:26 pm

Sapphire I really hope the co2 does it I'm glad your dermabrasion made your face look so good that u only have to worry about the one scar :)

MemberMember
(@holelyface)

Posted : 02/10/2006 1:03 pm

Sapphire I really hope the co2 does it I'm glad your dermabrasion made your face look so good that u only have to worry about the one scar :)

I saw your picture on your gallery... You look great.. hope to hear from you if the CO2 clear the linear scar?

MemberMember
(@gttraveling)

Posted : 02/12/2006 9:53 pm

Keith are you speaking from personal experience or just what you are hoping for or heard on these boards at some point?

Excision scars are much better looking than a crater. Most people have said that the scars are almost unoticable. yeah laser resurfacing will definately take away the linear scar after an excision.

MemberMember
(@sapphire)

Posted : 02/13/2006 6:33 am

Keith are you speaking from personal experience or just what you are hoping for or heard on these boards at some point?

My excised scar looks better than the crater. The CO2 spot laser I had about 3 weeks ago has NOT taken away the scar. It looks better, yet is still indented! I know it is still very early, but I feel it will remain indented at the 1 year mark.

MemberMember
(@brilliant)

Posted : 02/15/2006 6:11 am

My excised scar looks better than the crater. The CO2 spot laser I had about 3 weeks ago has NOT taken away the scar. It looks better, yet is still indented! I know it is still very early, but I feel it will remain indented at the 1 year mark.

hello saphire ... can i know how your scar looks like after the excision? is it a linear scar or still indented like a chicken pox scar, smaller in diameter and shallower?

MemberMember
(@sapphire)

Posted : 02/15/2006 11:49 pm

The original crater was about 1/4" in diameter and is now approx 1" in length. It is not nearly as deep, but is longer-more of a crevice/crack than a huge hole/canyon. I can email pics if anyone wants to see, just need an email address.