Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zxc

My SCENAR log

Guest seanna

Im waiting for a disc and info on the scenar to arrive, it sound good so im hoping it will help with ice oick scars, my isolagen injections really helped me alot....i mean a lot....well worth having done, quick and easy, no side effects oll very straight forward. but the scenar sounds great, ill wait tell i hear that it works and go ahead and buy one......i was reading a while ago that maybe in 15 years or so that you could have your face sanded off and a machine would send a signal to the brain to start to grow baby skin to the damaged area.......oh why cant we have that NOW, all problems gone, but in the meantime we will struggle on trying to find something to help us look better and feel better.....i pray this scenar is a start in the right direction.....LOOK into Isolagen tho it really is good, iv raved on and on about it since having it done 6 month ago.

good luck

Just looked at the Scenars on ebay, those prices are amazing. If this turns out to work i will definitely buy one. I'm a little concerned as to whether i'd be able to operate it properly tho, since i read somewhere you need a 'skilled practitioner' who knows how to interpret the numbers coming up on the screen (apparently the writing on the screen is also in Russian??) but maybe it ain't too crucial.

There are 2 models, the Denas is quite a bit cheaper than the Diadens-T, but from the buyers' comments this one appears not to come with an instruction manual. My impression is that the Diadens-T comes with instructions. However there's a £100 difference, which is quite a bit to pay just for instructions...

I also read that the Scenar takes around 6 weeks to work when used on 'chronic conditions', of which i suppose scarring is one, so maybe it will work within 6 weeks if used regularly.

Any updates mate?

Oh, just realised ebay also sells manuals so i've ordered one - hope it doesn't take 4 weeks to arrive!

So based on my reading of this, and on zxc's experiences, i will decide whether to go ahead and buy.

Please don't abandon us zxc!

I think I will first use needling to get the scar tissue away. When I have got that I will use the scenar to make it look good.

Does it mean scenar DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for scars???? Wasn't that the reason why you bought it???

Sorry dude, It's not your fault at all. I just hate when these companies make million of dollars at our expenses.

I believe it DOES something for scars. It makes them heal again. But I do not believe it can remove thick scar tissue. Do not expect that.

By the way: The creators do not claim it works for scars. They only claim it works for pain relief. It is only some users who have claimed it worked for scars. So if it does not work for scars the creators/sellers are not to blaim.

Have you used it yet much on the scars on your face?

I was going to try needling anyway if the Scenar turned out not to work. Are you doing self-needling?

I guess your logic is that the Scenar (like copper peptides) works slowly to regulate skin but that needling will speed the process up. This would make sense since a lot of people have combined needling with copper peptides quite successfully.

I seriously think you should try the Scenar by itself for a few weeks first though, what makes you think it can't get rid of scar tissue by itself?

I may well buy this machine anyway since it sounds like it could be beneficial to many different areas of my life. I read it also produces endorphins, zxc have you felt kinda HAPPIER after using it? (lol this could be a good thing in itself when scars are making us feel depressed!)

I am not sure if I got happier because I got the scenar or because it actually made me happier. But I did get happier. I just do not know if it was due to the scenar.

It might work for tough scar tissue, but I think needling speeds up the process as you say.

It is just that needling makes much more evident, immediate results. Maybe that's why I prefer needling when I need to get rid of the tough scar tissue.

Interesting. Could you clarify how much you have used the Scenar so far, and whether the machine is difficult to use due to the screen being in Russian?

Is it unpleasant to use on your face since it 'vibrates'?

Oo and please could you tell me if there is any substantial difference between the Diadens-T and the Denas?

Thanks. (I'm thinking of buying one within the next few days as i want to make a start.)

Hey Floss.

I have also used it on the face. It is not comfortable, but it is not hurting on the other hand. If you use it on your cheek it might affect the nerves around your eyes, and your vision can get a little jumpy. But it is NOT dangerous, not as far as I know/have felt. Nothing bad has happened to me and I have used it on the temples!

Your skin turns red when you use it for a little longer time.

There are so few menus so it does not get more difficult because it is in Russian. But I am not sure I really know how to use it. I just use it, and it sends out electric current so I think I am using it the right way.

I do not know if there is any substantial difference between the diadens-t and the denas - cannot tell.

If you choose to buy one I really hope you find it useful!

From all i've read, it seems possible that regular use of the Scenar COULD also be beneficial to active acne since it can be used to balance hormones / help the liver. Do you still have active acne?

Have you used it for hour-long sessions?

I do get pimples once in a while but it is not so much anymore.

No not hour-long sessions, I have not done that. But that is probably what it requires to see results. I have vacation now...so I think I will start doing that.

If you used it for one hour every day for 6 weeks you might well see a difference. It's a bit of a hassle tho i guess - would it be possible to watch TV or read while applying it so as to get less bored? Does it make a loud noise?

Even if it turns out not to break down scar tissue, do you think the Scenar would work for red marks?

I believe there is a pretty high chance it will work for red marks. One of my redmarks seemed to improve a lot only by one treatment for 30 minutes.

Yes I believe you need to use it for like everyday for 6 weeks, 1 hour a day. Yes you can watch tv if it is not too close to your eyes you use it, because then the nerves begin jumping and you'll get a blurred vision.

It's very quiet...only a silent constant buzz.

That eye thing sounds scary, especially as i wear contact lenses, how long does the blurred vision last for?

Would you say that, in general, using it for 1 hour a day is a not-too-unpleasant prospect?

I'm torn between buying one cos i want to sort out my scars by next summer, and waiting till i have more info. I think i will buy one since this device sounds useful for a vast range of problems, but i don't know whether to go for the cheaper or the more expensive model. I read somewhere that scenars are more effective when they have silver electrodes, do you know if the Diadens-T is silver?

If I was you I would first do some self-needling before I bought it. Because I really feel the needling works.

If it does not you could give the scenar a go.

Do not be scared about the eye thing. It is only because the nerves around your eyes begin moving up and down, just as if you were mimicing. When you take the scenar away it goes away immediately. I do not think it is harmful in any way.

My scars are mainly small but lots of them, like scarred pores, have you needled scarred pores ever?

I'm a bit concerned as to why you seem to have less enthusiasm for the Scenar now, why is that?

well when I bought it I thought it would just erase the scars, but I have found out it does not. Not over a week or something similar. Maybe it might work if you used it a lot, but if needling works and it takes a lot less time, then why not use that?

Besides I am completely sure needling will eventually help (according to Gumby, who has completely removed his scars), but I might be unlucky to find out that the scenar would not work even if I used it a long time.

Hope you can see that.

Many people say that a lot of risk is involved in self-needling, and that is true. But if you compare that treatment to many of the others, it is not dangerous at all, and it is much cheaper.

But you're right about scarred pores. It seems like a needle would only widen them. But the scar tissue has to be removed some way or another....don't know how to remove scarred pores.

I see, yeah i never thought this thing would remove scars overnight. I guess i still think of the Scenar as a stronger equivalent of copper peptides, which are v good used in conjunction with needling apparently. Let me know how you get on. Not sure you should definitely regard needling as the 'fast option' tho, apparently it can take a year or more - for Gumby it took 2 years, i believe.

Have you seen no improvement at all on your scars with the Scenar yet though?

Is it only the time-matter that puts you off using the Scenar more, or is the experience also unpleasant?

Hey Floss! I like you persistence!

Yes I consider the Scenar a better version of copper peptides. And just as with copper peptides you do not see any evident immediate results from your actions. But with the self-needling you actually see blood and the scar tissue getting ripped. I believe that is why I like that method in particular. But when you but copper peptides on your skin you cannot really see that something happens even though there might - it's the same with the scenar I think.

I know it takes about 2 years or something like that to get rid of the scars completely and that is not what I mean by fast results. What I mean is that you can clearly see that something happens when you do needling. You cannot do that when you use copper peptides/scenar.

With that said, it does not mean copper peptides/scenar does not work. I believe it has been proved to work, and if the scenar in some way does the same thing as copper peptides, but from the inside (which is good), I believe the scenar DOES also work. Especially with wounds you have created from needling. I think it speeds up and improves the process...most probably.

It is difficult to say whether the scenar actually helped the scar that I have on my hand, because I have also done needling in the meantime. I have done both things. And my scar HAS improved....just in 2 weeks I think.

So I believe the needling/scenar combo is a very good method to get rid of scars.

But since the scenar is expensive why not just try the needling first and see if you can do with that and if you cannot you can buy the scenar.

I do not think the scenar is unpleasant to use.

Really hope you get rid of your scars so you do not have to worry about this anymore. (counts for everyone including myself). It has (and is) a living hell to have acne scars.

Another interesting thing about the scenar is the fact that some redmarks (on my cheeks) I got from 6 months ago, which did not improve at all in 6 months, suddenly have begun improving A LOT!

I cannot say if it is because I started using the scenar on them or whether it is just natural healing.

It is just a bit funny that they suddenly start getting a lot better when I start using the scenar, is it not?

Yeah sorry for all the questions! Great that your red marks are going. Thanks for the info and good luck.