Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tam

FACIAL, WOULD ANYONE RECOMMEND IT?

I have very oily skin and mild acne. Have bad black & white heads (concentrated on my nose) and huge open pores. Would anyone recommend that I do facial?

What kind of facial is good for my skin? Is there a special facial treatment for acne prone skin?

I work in Midtown Manhattan, anyone knows a good place around this area that I can go and do facial?

PLEASE HELP. :)

All I have to say is I got a facial (girlfreind thought it would be nice to get one together) and here I am on this website now!!! I never had acne bad. Now I do. Went to the derm told the story how I had a facial and now I have a lot of pimples, she said that sometime/somepeople can get a bad case. Reason why is the intense exfoliation can crack the skin causing a nice home for some bacteria and volia. Just like popping a zit can spread the germs...Not everyone is the same

You don't really need facials in my opinion as long as you have a good regimen. First of all one facial isn't going to make any real difference in your skin; so then the aesthetician will say something like you need to get a series of of this or that and come in for maintenance. Oh, and there's the initial breakout which seems to happen every time I get a facial. What's causing the breakouts...steam, exfoliation, masks, scrubbing, disincrustation...yada yada yada. The only reason I would recommend you get a facial since everything else can be done at your sink, is to let someone else extract those blackheads and find out how to do it yourself.

yeah,i dun think u will need facial cus it is very expensive and do very little help, save the mony on good regimen and derm. i used to go to facial for my acne, and it help too slow so i went 2 a derm. with proper medication i get better result than facial(and cheaper) so i drop the facial.

yeah,i dun think u will need facial cus it is very expensive and do very little help, save the mony on good regimen and derm. i used to go to facial for my acne, and it help too slow so i went 2 a derm. with proper medication i get better result than facial(and cheaper) so i drop the facial.

Adam, Castle-Builder, Keith - - O:)

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on having a facial. I thought that's gonna help me to clear my face but good thing you guys told me about what's gonna happen.

What about having this Vbeam stuff and other high tech stuff that dermatologists do now a days? Please let me know if you guys know the best way on how to clear a scar?

Thank you. :(

Tam.. i have a good at home facial idea.. i have this book about remedies... and theres a section on facials.. most of them arent good b/c the methods will clog ur pores but the one im gunna tell u seems to be pretty good..

mix and even amount of honey and aloe vera gel (fruit of the earth) then add a little cornstarch to make it a thickness of a face cream.. its really simple.. there isnt like a required amount.. jus make sure that thres an even amount of the aloe vera gel and honey.. and leave it on till it drys and rinse with water..

queensdawg- -

Thanks for sharing your facial idea. I will try it and keep you posted.

I really do appreciate this. :(/