Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zara2006

glycolic peel???

i'd like to try the 30% glycolic peel from perfectskin.uk.com

has anyone tried their products?what results did u get?

i have a few shallow scars and an uneven tone.

also how safe is it to paypal them. i'm new to all this internet stuff,so would really appreciate sum advice.

thanx a alot :hand:

hey there havent tried perfectskin' products but have tried lookgr8's gylcolic peel,

when i tried to email perfectskin they got back to me promptly so i guess they should be alright to use ?

instructions normally come with the acid but if not post back !

i did acid peel 30 %

first i put it on my face for 5 mins then washed it off,went ok,no major difference

second time i left it for 8 mins and burned my face,still recovering from that,lol

glycolic acid is a light acid for long term use so im gunna use it 5 mins again next time every other day and my pigmention /scars will fade eventually(i hope)

hope this helps

yo yo yo , u might wanna use a baking soda mask after the peel.

wash ur face like normal, stick the acid on then use the soda mixed with a few teaspoons of water to remove the acid.

the soda is alkali u see an will work better than just plain water !! itll fizz as u apllyit but thats all good

Guest funky_monkey

I prefer using MD formulations 12% glycolic acid facial wash for red marks and spot prevention. It's really good stuff and got rid of my marks. I got left with a lot of nasty bright red marks after doing the regimen for 6 weeks. :doubt:

I got badly burnt once using the peels.

You have to use baking soda after using GA because you need to neurtalise your skin after.

The sizzling is a fantastic feeling! Sounds like putting bacon into a hot pan!

I dont know about perfect skin but I get my peels off ebay. There was a thread about perfectskin a while back... their site shut down for a bit because a woman got badly burnt and tried to sue them... I'm sure their all right now- they seem to be back in business.

Guest funky_monkey

it wasn't me!!! LOL

It was my fault as I had been using a facial wash with AHAs in.

Guest Poker-Butt
I prefer using MD formulations 12% glycolic acid facial wash for red marks and spot prevention. It's really good stuff and got rid of my marks. I got left with a lot of nasty bright red marks after doing the regimen for 6 weeks. :doubt:

so how exactly did u use the wash? im curious... like , did u apply it and then wiped off with a lil towel?

i still have my md formulations washes but they re just sitting in my products drawer

Guest funky_monkey

so how exactly did u use the wash? im curious... like , did u apply it and then wiped off with a lil towel?

i still have my md formulations washes but they re just sitting in my products drawer

As I wear minerals and it's pretty waterproof, I wash my face with a little soap and rinse. Then I use a small blob of facial wash. I rub it onto my skin, leave it a minute and then rinse a few times with warm water.

The result is smooth, smooth skin! honestly, it works wonders. I was using it twice a day, but now I am experimenting with once a day as it is expensive ($45 here!). So far , so good but it is early days! :razz: