Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hapkidoman

Awkward Question

Hey guys, I was just wondering (and I feel really strange talking about this) if anyone has noticed their acne get worse if they don't have bowel movements?

Usually, I have six bowel movements a week; which, according to some people, I should be having 21 BM's per week! Every time I go through a day without having a bowel movement I break out. I am almost possitive that if I could have but two BM's per day that I would be virtually acne free.

I realize that each person is different and that for some, BM's having nothing to do with their acne. However, I am really beginning to think that this is what ails me. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Toxins, basically anything that's not good for the body, are removed through bowel movements. So it's little wonder you break out; however, I have around 10 BMs a week and that suits me fine -- it's actually quite good compared to my past. But everyone's different.

I used to suffer from constipation, and as soon as I overcame that I felt great and my acne abated somewhat.

There was a thread a while back claiming raisins helped their acne, and a few people confirmed this. Raisins are mild laxatives.

Bowel health is very important. I was even diagnosed with Irratable Bowel Syndrome due to my rabbit droppings like movements, the fact a lot of food badly affected me, the shape and size (up a point where it hurt me due to its size) of my stomach, and the occassional gut/stomach cramps. But since carefully removing my amalgam fillings and taking a supplement called Chinese Chlorella (quality is very important due to its ability to chelate heavy metals in its environment) which is suppose to chelate mercury from the gut (laxatives and fiber did not work for me) I have not suffered from I.B.S and have felt much, much better.

Bowel health is very important.

Everyone's bowel movements are different. There's no right amount that you should have. As long as yours are normal there really shouldn't be any concern on how often. Worrying about it probably breaks you out more than not having one.

when i take a dump i feel like a new man and my face is rejuvinated. 2 dumps a day is normal. if you pee alot you MAY be getting to much protein

I've had trouble w/ constipation my whole life. If I eat a lot of fruits and veggies and fiber it doesn't really help... just makes me have awful bloating. I'm currently doing a colon cleanse, so I hope that'll help!

Has anyone here tired Oxy-Powder? I havn't but Ive read some good stuff about its colon cleansing abilities. Maybe something to look into. Im going to research it some more.

Guest Cubsfan

poor bowel movements can be a sign of dehydration so to regulate your bowel movements simply drink more water (daily)

Has anyone here tired Oxy-Powder? I havn't but Ive read some good stuff about its colon cleansing abilities. Maybe something to look into. Im going to research it some more.

I did. It cleared up my skin a lot. Not permanently, but for a good few months. It didn't cure my constipation, though... that took diet changes and time. But it's a definitely a good product to start with if you've have chronic constipation for awhile. Just don't take more than one bottle because it can throw off the balance of your electrolytes.

poor bowel movements can be a sign of dehydration so to regulate your bowel movements simply drink more water (daily)

Although thats true, I did that and it didnt help all that much. What did help was eating more solid fiber and more fruits and veg. But if you have acne, the damage has already been done, you still have fecal matter stuck to the side of your intenstines which is causing the acne. Everyone IS the same. Everyone should be having atleast 2-3 bowl movements a day.

The Answer to Acne, DUAL ACTION CLEANSE.

Saying that you need 2-3 bowel movements a day is like saying you need 20 glasses of water a day which is proven to not make a difference to drinking four glasses of water a day (you heard right, NOT 8 glasses). If you need sources, I'll give them to you. That's simply ridiculous; some people just should not freely give advice on things they don't know much about.

It's true, a few times a week to 2-3 times a day is normal for different people. Fiber Choice (the orange chewable kind is pretty good) taken once or twice a day might help you. I eat 2 salads a day (coz my college cafeteria has a salad bar) and a bowl of fruit at least once. When I do go home though, and I don't have access to an all you can eat salad bar, I do find that my movements are less frequent so I take a fiber supplement like Fiber Choice, I hope I helped out!

One big BM a day should be good enough. I sometimes get 2 on my vegan days. I think 3 is if you're like a football linebacker, eating 3 huge meals a day, or more. I guess it really depends on how much you eat, what you eat, and how good your digestion is.