Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlackBetty

ACCUTANE AND BP???

IS IT POSSIBLE FOR YOUR ACNE TO GET MUCH WORSE ON ACCUTANE IF YOU USE BP. I THINK THAT IS HAPPENING TO ME AND I WAS WONDERING IF I STOP THE BP WILL ACCUTANE STILL WORK?? MY TREATMENT WILL PROBABLY BE ANOTHER 3 MONTHS OR MORE, IS IT OK TO USE SPECTRO JEL WASH OR JUST ACCUTANE ITSELF? DEFINELTY NO BP!!

The only product to use while on accutane is a good moisturizer. NOTHING ELSE.

Any other products will dry you out and irritate your skin even more.

Accutane + Moisturizer + Time = Clear Skin

Wht about Spectrogel??

So now that i've used BP and noticed how irritated it gets without knowing, will i still benefit from accutane now that I don't use BP? or am i screwed

Wht about Spectrogel??

So now that i've used BP and noticed how irritated it gets without knowing, will i still benefit from accutane now that I don't use BP? or am i screwed

I spoke to my pharmacist about using other meds with accutane .. including clindoxyl gel (5% BP + clindamycin) and differin .. and he said it was cool .. so certainly i think using something as mild as spectrogel is ok .. in fact, i use spectrogel for sensitive skin now with accutane and i've experienced no problems with it .. it is VERY mild and amazing.

i used to just spot treat with BP while on accutane ie. not rub it all over jus dab onto any active pimples

hope this helps

sue

i used to just spot treat with BP while on accutane ie. not rub it all over jus dab onto any active pimples

hope this helps

sue

I would just use bp. Acutane can really cause promblems. ;)

accutane has helped me so much. yes there are side effects but if you have a good dermatologist and good advise you can really benefit. i can't believe the difference in my skin after 11 months of accutane. still getting spots but they are like 'normal peoples' spots now not horrible cysts. hopefully when i come off will keep on improving. i know it doesn't work 4 everyone and i pray i won't need second course

accutane has helped me so much. yes there are side effects but if you have a good dermatologist and good advise you can really benefit. i can't believe the difference in my skin after 11 months of accutane. still getting spots but they are like 'normal peoples' spots now not horrible cysts. hopefully when i come off will keep on improving. i know it doesn't work 4 everyone and i pray i won't need second course

You were on accutane for 11 months?

Isn't that much, much longer than normal?