Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I had my prescription for Accutane filled this evening, and was quite alarmed at the price.

My doctor prescribed 50 tablets of 40mg, to be taken 1 one day, 2 the next. (Avg of 60mg a day)

The prescription was for just about 1 month's worth of Amnesteem.

The price on the paper I was given at the pharmacy listed a cost of $525.00! I'd seen prices quoted by different people on here and elsewhere for Accutane ranging from $200, to $300, and in some cases $400 per month.. but this seems a bit excessive?

Is it possible that different pharmacies around where I live might have cheaper prices for the drug, or is it possible that different brand names of Accutane (Isotretinoin) might be cheaper? Or are they all generally about the same?

I think I had amnesteen too which is a generic version right? I remember mine being about $425 a month or something like that.

I don't know how many versions your pharmacies will carry because I'd imagine they have the actually accutane brand and then one other generic version like amnesteen. However possibly another pharmacy might be able to get it cheaper from their distributor or something. Maybe check around and see if they can get you a price. I hope you have insurance and aren't paying that out of pocket :doh:

I had my prescription for Accutane filled this evening, and was quite alarmed at the price.

My doctor prescribed 50 tablets of 40mg, to be taken 1 one day, 2 the next. (Avg of 60mg a day)

The prescription was for just about 1 month's worth of Amnesteem.

The price on the paper I was given at the pharmacy listed a cost of $525.00! I'd seen prices quoted by different people on here and elsewhere for Accutane ranging from $200, to $300, and in some cases $400 per month.. but this seems a bit excessive?

Is it possible that different pharmacies around where I live might have cheaper prices for the drug, or is it possible that different brand names of Accutane (Isotretinoin) might be cheaper? Or are they all generally about the same?

Definitely check different pharmacies for prices. I found over a hundered dollar difference between two pharmacies in my neighborhood that were right next to each other. Generic brands are also much cheaper, sometimes half the price. Im paying 360 dollars for 60 pills of 40mg Sotret.