Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dita

All-Scar Subcision in 18 hours!!!!

Not sure if you recall but almost 5 weeks ago I made a thread about my first experience with subcision, my doctor subcised two scars and I have noticed an excellent improvement (about 30-40% on each), naturally I took an appointment which is in 18 HOURS to subcise all scars on my face.

Most of my scars (like 90%) are rolling scars that literally disappear entirely with a simple stretch of the skin. I will be subcising all of those in addition to the 2-4 box/ice pick scars I have. I hope the results of this are as good as my last subcision, I've been pumping money non-stop every month on scar treatments since June '05 and to be perfectly honest I am amazed by the results and the boost of confidence I've got.

I'm planning on my first vbeam in 2-4 weeks, followed by another possible all-scar subcision if needs be which I probably might.

The swelling and bruising from my first subcision took about 2-3 weeks to completely disappear.

I'll be posting pictures of my skin that I took in June 2005 soon, when my skin was 10x worse than it is now, I'll also post pics of my skin after my subcision tonight and then post pics in 2-3 weeks times of my resulting skin.

Wish me luck guys. :)

Hooray! I LOVE stories like this!!!! I pray you have AMAZING results with this second round of subcision. I just had 10 punch floats yesterday & when these heal I intend to go in for subcision as well. I'll keep you posted - I hope my results are as stellar as yours.

Not sure if you recall but almost 5 weeks ago I made a thread about my first experience with subcision, my doctor subcised two scars and I have noticed an excellent improvement (about 30-40% on each), naturally I took an appointment which is in 18 HOURS to subcise all scars on my face.

Most of my scars (like 90%) are rolling scars that literally disappear entirely with a simple stretch of the skin. I will be subcising all of those in addition to the 2-4 box/ice pick scars I have. I hope the results of this are as good as my last subcision, I've been pumping money non-stop every month on scar treatments since June '05 and to be perfectly honest I am amazed by the results and the boost of confidence I've got.

I'm planning on my first vbeam in 2-4 weeks, followed by another possible all-scar subcision if needs be which I probably might.

The swelling and bruising from my first subcision took about 2-3 weeks to completely disappear.

I'll be posting pictures of my skin that I took in June 2005 soon, when my skin was 10x worse than it is now, I'll also post pics of my skin after my subcision tonight and then post pics in 2-3 weeks times of my resulting skin.

Wish me luck guys. :)

Where are you located. I am in Los Angeles and I am looking for a reputable dermatologist or PS who has plenty of experience doing procedure. For a relatively cheap procedure, 30-40% improvement is pretty good. Congratulations.

@Jasmin

I'm pretty far away from LA babe, try Kuwait.

@Agoff

The doctor is pretty conservative, he refused to do the invasive procedures my impatient ass was asking for but I'm glad I listened to what he had to say. When I started with him, I asked for a 40% TCA peel which he did, given the condition of my skin back then who wouldn't do it, that was followed by a 50% full face TCA peel in August (2 weeks after the first one he did), after that he put me on contractubex (3 times daily) and Obagi Nuderm System - I've been on those ever since. I don't get any regular acne, I occasionally (like once every 2 or 3 weeks) get a cyst or two which I control with cortizone shots that my derm does for me.

Both contractubex and Obagi repaired my skin perfectly after the peels and alone offered me an immense improvement with my pigmentation and rolling scars. I'm ecstatic about the results and I'm praying that before the years end (June '06), I would be done with this part of my life or at least almost be there.

Yesterday was the first time in like 2 or 3 years that I actually went out in public without any make up and my friends didn't even realize it. Again, I hope today's subcision gives me the results I want and if it doesn't, then it's just another bump in the road to the skin we all deserve. :)

Dita darling -are you there? How'd it go? You're probably out with your fabulous new subcisioned face painting the town (um, country) of Kuwait red, but do get back to us when you find the time; we're waiting with bated breath!

Guest Cubsfan

lol i misread the title and thought you were undergoing subcision for 18 hours straight

lol i misread the title and thought you were undergoing subcision for 18 hours straight

oh hell, can you imagine?! although if he thought it'd help, i wouldn't put it beyond him (or any of us really, so desperate are we to get rid of these damn things!)

I said a little prayer for you to get what you desire out of your treatment. G-d knows how much we all want to be relieved of our self conscienceness.

Butteflies, please send me PM with your # so we can compare notes on our punch floats and next steps.

Thanks

Dita darling -are you there? How'd it go? You're probably out with your fabulous new subcisioned face painting the town (um, country) of Kuwait red, but do get back to us when you find the time; we're waiting with bated breath!

Guest Cubsfan

i actually had co2 laser for 5 hours straight lol

only a doctor with that much dedication and compassion for humanity would even contemplate to do such a thing, very rare to find especially in a society where most things are ruled by the love of money

Butteflies, please send me PM with your # so we can compare notes on our punch floats and next steps.

Thanks

Oh, great, another Dr. Y disaster. I am getting very angry and concerned about this, and I feel awful for the people who have been made to suffer. :evil:

Thanks

Oh, great, another Dr. Y disaster. I am getting very angry and concerned about this, and I feel awful for the people who have been made to suffer. :evil:

Yeah, it's not good....