Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brulia

Proactiv alternative with S.A???

I had good results with Proactiv back in the day. I really haven't broken out in a long time. I'm just trying to get rid of the red marks. But I don't like B.P. It makes my skin dry and starts to peel. Is there a product out there that works just as good as Proactiv but used S.A. and not B.P? Let me know please.

Rodan & Fields, the makers of Proactiv, has a gentler acne product line called Unblemished. Unlike Proactiv which contains BP in both the cleanser and lotion, Unblemish only uses BP in the Acne Medicated Lotion.

The product line can be found at: http://www.rodanandfields.com/templates/pr...ID=CATEGORY7779

And from their ad copy:

What is the difference between Proactive® and Rodan + Fields UNBLEMISH regimen?

Dr. Rodan and Dr. Fields, created UNBLEMISH regimen for acne, blemishes and breakouts from their experience with treating millions of customers with acne. While some of the medicines are similar, each line has different ingredients, different manufacturing processes and, by design, works differently.

Rodan + Fields UNBLEMISH is an effective and soothing MULTI-MED® Therapy designed to treat and prevent every aspect of blemishes and breakouts and any associated redness. It is effective on a wide range of skin types

The primary medicines Sulfur 3% and Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% penetrate pores to control and prevent acne allowing skin to heal and are blended with luxurious botanicals such as azeleaic acid for visible redness relief, and aloe vera, green tea and vitamin E to hydrate the skin, leaving it balanced

I had bad reactions to Proactiv and when I called them about returning the products they suggested a "sensative skin Proactiv" instead that has SA and no BP. You can order it through the regular Proactiv phone number. I did not use it, however, so I can not tell you if it works better. I would call the Proactiv number and ask about it. Also as mentioned above, the two doctors that created Proactiv do have other skin care lines but they are a lot more expensive than Proactiv.

Brulia, I felt the same as you so I ordered Murad. It made my skin worse than ever. In fact, I broke out in areas that had been previously clear.

Murad is the first thing that comes to mind...I've tried both proactiv and Murad...Proactiv did some damage...but Murad was a nightmare....I don't even know how to describe how horrible it was for my skin...bad bad stuff...

I've used the 'mild' version of Proactiv which doesn't contain BP, and it does NOT prevent spots.

Actually, I got ripped off by Proactiv. I live in China and apparently BP is not an authorised drug in China (something I didn't know until now). So, when I ordered from the Proactiv website, they sent me a set which does not contain BP - but without telling me. I used it for a month and my skin didn't see much improvement. I figured that something was wrong because the packaging on the repair lotion says "Salyclic Acid with Tea Tree Oil". There was no mention of BP anywhere on the packaging or accompanying material.

I eventually sent an email to Proactive asking them to clarify. They were extremely indirect with their answer, saying only that some countries does not allow certain drugs and therefore milder versions are sent. They wrote all this without specifying which country and which drug. And they never gave me a clear answer as to whether my set contained any BP. We exchanged several emails and all they sent me was their marketing material and success stories. Of course this is of no relevance to me because the people who had any success used a regime with a different formula.

I'm now using Neutrogena On the Spot and its been wonderful. My skin cleared up in 4 days. And after 1 month, its now virtually clear except for the red marks from old spots.