Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SeattleGirl

Astringent/Toner with the regimen?

I'm not exactly sure if this is a toner or an astringent, but I call it a toner.

A while ago I started using Apple cider Vinegar toner on my skin, and it cleared me up quite a bit, but I still had breakouts in a few stubborn areas. I decided to go on the regimen, at first I used the ACV toner along with it, but then after a couple days I decided not to and follow the regimen exactly. I started out using a small amount, but it still dried my face out like heck! And I have normal-slightly oily skin, being dried out has never been a problem for me. I tried using my ACV toner again with the regimen, and my face wasn't dry anymore. (by the way, my ACV toner is 1 part ACV and 1 part distilled water).

My question is, is it okay to use this toner with the regimen? I know it's best to follow the regmen exactly, but using ACV doesn't leave it dry, and while I was using ACV it never irritated my skin or anything. It's also just pure ACV and distilled water, so no artificial chemicals or anything. Just wondering what people think, and if anyone else has used a toner/astringent with the regimen.

Thanks!

well, Dan doesn't recommend adding in other products until you are clear. Mainly because in the beginning stages you won't know what is helping or not if you are using other random products.

Of course, it is your decision, but the Regimen works best if you stick to it as described. If you add in other factors, especially in the beginning, you may not get the results you want.