Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coughdrop

Is being single bad for you?

I was half way through writing a huge autobiography, when I decided to just sum it up. I had a bad break up with my ex about 4 months ago. (bad for me I dont know about her) Started dating recently, and have no feelings for this girl. I have a good share of friends. Can I just be single? It is painful to be single, especially now that I know my ex has a new boyfriend, but it's not as painful as being with this new girl while constantly thinking about the old one. reality makes me feel sick sometimes.

Some people might say when Im ready I'll start dating, but its been 4 fing months and I thought I was.

Guest charyan

nah i think you'll be ok dude, time will sort everything out. Time alone is good, just go out with your friends and have fun and dont worry about relationships for the time being

just make it clear in the way you behave that you don't want anything serious from this new girl, and enjoy the shenanigans while it lasts.

Guest tenshigirl25

i know its hard......u always think in the back of ur mind, that your ex will come to their senses and come back...but eventually with time..and nobody know how long.. it does get better. but i am not 1 to say, oh u will forget and move on. because that girl may always be special and maybe u will nevre forget... but i know too, that it is more then likely 1 of these days u will meet another girl who u will also fall in love with. she's out there now wondering when am i gonne meet a a guy like u? anyway, being single is not bad..if u can be laone long nough, u relaise u dont need anyone else to feel good..usually at that point someone will come into ur life and u can also look at ur last relationship and nit pick at it..see where u went wrong and what u can do better next time..

if u dont have feelings for this new girl, its normal but u have to get out and start seeing other ppl sometime...just dont think too much and have fun with things for now...

yaaaaaa but i dont really feel like i could get back together with my ex, for 1 it would be a cold day in hell when she would want to, and 2 I wouldnt want to, she was no perfect catch.

thanks for your words... I just feel like Im too insane for them to apply to me.

Being single is an absolute crock of shit.

When you've got a girlfriend, you get as close as it's possible really (family aside) to unconditional acceptance - someone who likes/loves you for you, despite all your flaws, etc. It's like riding the crest of a wave. There's those great giddy moments where you just positively yearn for the other person.

Boy, that was a looooong time ago :-/ have been single for a while (understatement) now and I can see absolutely no advantage to it whatsoever. I think a lot of people argue that you get 'more time to yourself' - that gets boring pretty quickly!

Guest tenshigirl25

yeah but u dont wanna settle for less either...

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Mate, i honestly think that being single is a must if you're not over someone. I can relate to that empty feeling of the ex being with someone new, but it will dissepate over time. :) Chin up.

What's so bad with being single? I think it would be tough having a gf because she would force you to go to do stupid things with you and you would feel obligated to go. I have to have my ME time, which is 90% of the time I spend when I am not at school.

Then again I have only had 1 gf and it lasted for 3 weeks. :shrug:

Is it possible to just have a gf you see at school and you don't go out and do anything with her?

Seriously, there is only so much people have to say to each other. After 30 min I would be out of things to talk about. How could you spend so much time with one person?

Guest tenshigirl25

What's so bad with being single? I think it would be tough having a gf because she would force you to go to do stupid things with you and you would feel obligated to go. I have to have my ME time, which is 90% of the time I spend when I am not at school.

Is it possible to just have a gf you see at school and you don't go out and do anything with her?

Seriously, there is only so much people have to say to each other. After 30 min I would be out of things to talk about. How could you spend so much time with one person?

your a romantic aren't u APro? :wub:

your a romantic aren't u APro? :wub:

I'm not very good at having fun with others 1 on 1. Except for like 1 person.

I've just recetly broke up with my gf, cant say it's all that thrilling if I'm honest. But if I was you I'd be honest with this lass, commitments a bitch and theres nothing worse than falling for someone only to find out they're feelings lie elsewere (it happend to me). Save her the pain.

I'm single and well I've been single most of my life really. I dont sit at home crying that I'm so lonely. It seems normal to me to be single. But the last 2 months or so I have started to think that I would like a girlfriend again, but ahhhhhhh then I look in the mirror and think "girlfriend? acne? me? get out of here"

I was half way through writing a huge autobiography, when I decided to just sum it up. I had a bad break up with my ex about 4 months ago. (bad for me I dont know about her) Started dating recently, and have no feelings for this girl. I have a good share of friends. Can I just be single? It is painful to be single, especially now that I know my ex has a new boyfriend, but it's not as painful as being with this new girl while constantly thinking about the old one. reality makes me feel sick sometimes.

Some people might say when Im ready I'll start dating, but its been 4 fing months and I thought I was.

OMG I have exactly the same feelings, its been 2 months for me. My ex is leaving time between us before getting with this lass who he was always texting and stuff when we were together. it hurts so bad, I dont want to date anyone else I just want him back despite the fact that he treated me like shite. I have no feelings to anyone else and im messed up.