Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi there..

Just wanted to know what kind of product, people would recommend for cleaning your face with..

I'm on roaccutane right now and it leaves my face looking really bad in the morning with dry skin hanging from everywhere. I'm after a face wash that won't irritate the skin and is available over the counter here in the UK.

Thanks

Gitesh

the best cleanser is cetaphil gentle skin cleanser.. it doesnt really foam but its really gentle.. i found it better than purpose or anything else because it doesn't dry out my skin.. im on accutane too.. good luck

My favorite is Neutrogena Deep Clean Scrub Cleanser. It might be too harsh for you though but would provide one advantage. I have found it to be the gentlest exfoliating facial wash that actually does succesfully exfoliate. If your skin is dry to the point of flaking off, you might want to try it, since it will remove the flakes, and your moisturizer will work better (instead of being absorbed by the flakes).

hmm... i'm using clean and clear deep pore cleanser... it's pretty good actually. doesn't overdry and actually cleans my pores (results showed up in a week or so...). also, it's one the cheapest cleansers of its kind that i've seen, so, if you can find it, give it a try :(

i wanna ask this is cuz maybe someone tried both but...what is better (gentler)....Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser or the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. I am on Benzacline and Retin-A. Also....what is a good moisturizer.....would you go with the Cetaphil, Neutragine w/ SPF, or any other?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I love Cetaphil's moisturizer. The non-spf one. It moisturizes very well, is not at all greasy, and contains ingredients that help heal damaged skin (vitamin E and macadamia nut oil). I wear mineral makeup though (which serves as a sunblock). You might want to use an spf moisturizer if you don't use something else to block the sun. I don't like Cetaphil's sunblock moisturizer anywhere near as much (though I liked it a lot better than any other spf moisturizer I have tried). Like all spf moisturizers, it has a greasier feel than the non-spf version. It also doesn't contain the above-mentioned beneficial ingredients.

as for the cleansers, I believe Cetaphil was gentler if you just rinsed it off (but it didn't do a very good job of cleaning used this way, especially on makeup). The neut foaming cleanser is probably gentler if you wipe the cetaphil off with a paper towel (I never had much luck removing anything moist with tissues). Make sure to wet your face first and use a small amount, lather in hands, then apply. If you wear makeup, the Cetaphil will most likely not remove all of it. The foaming cleanser won't remove eye makeup well. I found the foaming cleanser to make my skin kinda oily/greasy feeling afterward. And Cetaphil's foaming cleanser is very drying (in my experience), so don't consider that one if you need something gentle.

cetaphil is pretty good. But other manufacturers have improved on their idea...check out Aquanil same kinda price and size but a better formulation...contains glycerin and has Sodium Laureth Sulfate rather than Lauyrl. Everyone who has reviewed it on Makeupalley says it is better than cetaphil.

other options: moisturelle, basis comfortably clean, neoutrgoena extra gentle cleanser

If you are in the UK, why not give the body shop product a shot? i think the aloe vera face wash can give you a good moisturization and soothing.

Hi there..

Just wanted to know what kind of product, people would recommend for cleaning your face with..

I'm on roaccutane right now and it leaves my face looking really bad in the morning with dry skin hanging from everywhere.  I'm after a face wash that won't irritate the skin and is available over the counter here in the UK.

Thanks

Gitesh