Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kj1982

post tane of 3 month course, im clear

day 44

it goes so fast, nothing much to report, one or two newbies. cant stop picking so its makes my red marks worse, i have the same problem as 'noidonthavethechickenpox' when it comes to picking

its my skin tone that still bothers me, not sure what bothers me most the skin tone or the spots and red marks, i wish one of them would just get better.

have you noticed that no matter how good your skin looks your still not happy cos u want it to be that little bit better. i dont think i will be happy until my skin is clear, which i hope is soon.

this really is a rollercoaster ride. i cant wait for another 2 months to have past. my derm told me i would only be on the course for 4 months so he must be hopeful that i will clear pretty soon.

good luck everyone

kim

I totally agree about your skin not looking good no matter what. I totally feel like that every day! Am I going to feel like that when I am totally clear? Oh noooooooooo!

Anyway, I'm glad you are about done with newbies. Hooray for accutane!

day 46

this just gets harder, day 46 sounds so much but its only 6 weeks but i wish i was clear. im just nervous that it wont happen for me. i fo on holidays may 1st and want to be clear by then. also im a bridesmaid in december for my sister and have got to go and get fitted for my dress soon, the last thing i want is to be in the dressing room covered in spots. i avoid mirrors like the plague and i dont think i can when doing that. GOD I HATE ACNE.

so im feeling really down today, my skin tone is horrible, the worst i have seen it even pre tane. i dont know what is happening to me. i have NO ACTIVE ACNE today but the red marks are really clear and as i said my skin tone is horrible.(by the way when i say no active it depends how you look at it, i have scabs but they are not huge whiteheads or red, just scabs that can be mostly covered by makeup) i just dont know what is happening to me. also hair is growing at an alarming rate. my legs have to be shaved everyday and i usually only do them once a week. and im starting to develop a little facial hair. whats with that??? and i cant wax can i????

god i hate life at the momemt :cry::cry::cry:

so my derm messed up and im going to be 5 days without accutane, is this going to make a difference to my treatment??

You should be fine. I read in another post a guy takes tane for 10days then misses 5, and it works really well for him. (Hes doing that bcus he weight trains and with weight training you have to let your body rest before you start again, so he just applied it to taking pills but if its worked for him well good on him lol)

I hear the hair thing!! It SUCKS!! And no you can't wax, and I heard that if you use a depilatory cream it burns like heck. So what do we do?! I HATE it!

And I don't think it will mess you up if you miss a few days. Just my humble opinion though.. maybe your derm could give you samples to get you through? I know my derm keeps samples of it... Might be worth asking. :) Good luck! Sorry to hear things aren't exactly going your way right now... I bet you will start clearing SO soon though!

thnx tgrl. my derm does not keep samples as im from uk they have a pharmacy at the hospital where the derm is so its only prescription im afraid so hopefully i can get an appointment. i have this like buffer thing that buffs facial hair off so i have been using that and its working but i really want to was my lip. i will hold off cos i dont want any disasters. god not only acne but facial hair. arrrgggghhhh. by the way i cant notice any on your face so dont worry

day 49

my skin is looking ok today not great but ok. my mother told me she thought it looked good so i was happy and her and my sis dragged me to try bridesmaid dresses in town and i found the perfect one for me and my daughter so a sucessfull day almost. then my daughter had a huge tantrum in the shop and slashed my face with her nails and now i have a huge slit down my face. we all know how weak our skin is so you can imagine what it looks like. it was bleeding like hell and i was not happy. why me??????

so im sulking now, but at least the bridemaid hunting was over and done with in one day and im hoping by the time i have to go for my fitting again in about 2 months my face will be clear. it better be clear by the wedding or ill die. (december by the way, knowing my luck accutane will have worked but my acne will come back just in time for then, fingers crossed it wont)

Just a long overdue hello KJ! Know what you mean about the fragile skin thing....my dog jumped up to demand her milk this morning and her claws slashed my hand; looked like I had fought a tiger (that's what I told my kids at school, he he). Bloody cold in S.Wales, isn't it, jesus! Where is SPRING??!! Keep fighting :D

day 50

im glad its day 50 already but my skin is still crap, i want clear skin.

had a breakout through the night :(:( , im not happy at all. another one, god when is it going to stop. i hate being on accutane at the moment, its not working damn it. but the derm did say that i would have to wait to be on it at least 2 months before i saw improvement. its supposed to chuck everything out so i suppose thats still happening.

my skin tone is really bad today, red blotchy and large pores. i just dont understand why one day its good and the next crappy. ive decided to give up chocolate becuase i had a really good week a couple of weeks ago and i realised that i did not buy any chocolate in my weekly shop that week. do you think that could have anything to do with teh skin tone?? :idea: they do say that choc aggrivates acne so it could be making my skin worse. ive eaten loads of chocolate and trifles and things like that the last couple of days and bam bad skin tone. so worth a shot in it. i will let you know how that goes. if it goes well im going for quiting smoking next and see if that improves even more.

im really feeling like accutane will not work for me at the moment and im stuck with horrible skin forever. you know when things are bad when you have to wear make up around the house. if i didnt have a partner i wouldnt worry about it. although he does not care what i look like anyway, but im sure everybody here understands how i feel about that.

love to all and hope we have clear skin soon

Its so frustrating to wait for the meds to work isn't it. You suffer for so long with acne and then you want it fixed now, not in 5 months. I have suffered over 6 years and so 5 months shouldn't be bad to wait but its terrible!!!

Good luck for clear skin!

day 51

I HATE ACNE I HATE LIFE.

im feeling very down today my face looks like shit, my mother even said 'oh what happened you looked so good the other day'. dont you just hate how honest mothers are, lol.

its my skin tone not the spots, if my skin tone looked ok you would not even notice the spots. i only have 2 active pimples at the moment. so life sux at the moment and ilook horrible, but hey things have got to get better right.

i bought olay total effects tonday and everything it claims to do will clear up my face nicely. i :pray: it works, please please please, i wnt clear skin i will give anything for it :pray::pray::pray::pray:

sad to hear that things weren't so great for you the other day. But hey, it can't last forever, and skin tone probably looks like hell because of tane, once you are off of tane, it'll go back to looking lively. I mean, its gotten rid of oils on our faces, and oil actually helps it to look lively and well moisturized rather than peeling off and thin and fragile when its dry.

You'll be fine in no time, cheer up kim!

day 52

so i used the olay total effetcs, its not very good, my face was really dry today. i think you have to use something that is just for dry skin rather than something that fights other skin problems first. im going to continue with the eucerin now.

so i gave in last night and ate 3 chocolates, piggy piggy. oooppss. i will try again and im going to quit smoking. i had a dream last night that i quit smoking cos i was pregnant and my skin cleared up wiythin a month and i was so happy....im sure its avision and im supposed to quit and i will be lush skin again.... starting tomorrow cos i already smoked today. so i will be tracking my progress on here for my big quit and i would love some support from you guys to help me on my way. im one dertermined girl

acne wise well im not getting pimples anymore, i have not had any for ages , or what seems like ages, but i keep getting like scabs that come from nowhere, it does not start as a spot or anything it just scabs over and red if i pick it, like it was a spot one day....what is that, is it a blemish??? is it from the dry skin?? so if i stopped getting them i would have no active acne at all. but pretty shitty skin tone still and tomato head at the moment, my skin feels really weak and i hate it.

side effects slight rash on my hands still, nothing that anybody could notice, but i know its there. excema on my arms pretty bad, really dry all over. dry skin and chapped lips. flushed face all the time lately, and that glossy look comes and goes when it pleases.

Hey, so you're experiencing the flushing and redness now :( :hugs:

I broke out in a rash/excema on my fore arms this weekend, I just piled on the e45 cream it only seems to come when Im stressed buts its from the tane. Good to hear you havnt had any active acne, im still getting some. Ive had two spots what have been on me for months... i think im just abnormal. anyway you should post some pics.

keep strong hun.

i have pics but i cant get them to load on for some reason, not sure im confident enough to show them anyway. my confidence is at an all time low

My confidence is at a all time low as well, I was scared about posting pictures but then I though arrhh what fuck but you can see if I'm posting a acne picture I wont remove the black bar... that keeps me sane.

i beginning to wonder if accutane is making my face worse. its looks worse than it ever has now, and you do hear stories about it making people worse and never better. god i hope im not one of them, this downer is going on forever.............

I hope and have a feeling your skin will get better. Every time I get a pimple I just try to think that is one less pore that is clogged. Kind of gross to think everything is comeing to the surface, but Id rather it be coming to the surface and staying out of my body than dealing with acne for years and years.

i beginning to wonder if accutane is making my face worse. its looks worse than it ever has now, and you do hear stories about it making people worse and never better. god i hope im not one of them, this downer is going on forever.............

That is exactly what happened to me... It made my face so bad and I was thinking about quiting but didn't... It has slowly started to clear me now, but again redmarks everywhere... Just keep a positive attitude and try not to think of it too much!

almost 2 months in

been to the derm and she said that if i want i can stop next month, so that would be a three month course. they try to limit all patients to a 4 month course. she aid that my dryness is up there with the most severe she has seen and the sooner i stop the sooner that will subside. she is not happy with my progress at themoment and hopes that this month will show a lot of clearing, if not i will stay on for 4 months.

i actually have alot more active acne than i thought, what i thought was red marks appearing from nowhere are actaully spots that are ever so slighlty raised that they look more like a red mark (those are the ones ive said are just scabbing over but was never a pimple). so my face is actually 10x worse than it ever been at the moment and i just dont know if accutane is right for me. im starting to feel very down .

side effects mega dry skin, mega chapped lips (derm gave me somethign called epaderm for my lips cos they are really bad and she is worried that im getting an infection), headaches last couple od days, slight depression, but i think thats the acne not the acutane

I hope your alright hun, you don't sound like your having an easy ride with it as well, least your derm is nice though. Would you be happy coming off at 3 months? They never really talk to me or give me options just go there so they can sign for the next batch. I hope things start to improve soon.

Sorry about my "being bimbo", I really got here just today and I don't know how all the things work. ;)

AND I wish you best of my luck to get your skin good!! Hope it would get better.:)