Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kj1982

post tane of 3 month course, im clear

Hi KJ, hope you're feeling better today. I'm following your log with interest as you're about a month ahead of me (i'm on day 6) but your skin sounds like it might be similar to mine. My acne was always pretty mild with regular flare ups when I would look terrible. I tried everything before going on 'tane and I'm getting new spots on a daily basis at the moment with a couple of cysts and I haven't had any like that for a long time.

Hope your skin starts improving soon, I'm sure it will. Might be a tough few weeks for both of us but it will be worth it at the end. Just remember how happy you are on clear days and think what it will be like to be like that all the time when you're finished with the course!

day 23my skin does look better despite how i feel. but ive had a major drawback, last night i decided to srucb at the blackheads on my nose, when i finihsed none had come out but my nose was stinging like crazy and clear liquid was running from my nose. this morning my whole nose is red raw and looks like its been burnt. i look worse than ever just becuase i wanted to get rid of blackheads that are barly noticable to others. if i felt down yesterday then i dont know what to say about today. i feel like never leaving the house again

apart from my nose the rest of my face does not look so bad, the spots are clearing and im not getting as many as before on a daily basis. i know i have a long way to go and i just hope that i can be clear by may

oh and last night i totally forgot to take my accutane, so i have missed a day, and dont think you are supposed to double up, hope this does not set me back at all

Hey again, lol

just to say good luck with it all, Keep us informed

Posh! ;)

well damn you for visiting my log, i blame you for my nose cos you gave me the go ahead, haha only joking. its actually calmed down today, still very noticable but not so red, its kind of dried up into one huge scab. im going to leave well alone and hope it falls off by friday. i got the derm friday and im not leaving my house until then, lol but very serious.

day 24

so still got reallyu dry skin, my face was covered in bumps last night and i thought i would wake up this morning with severe acne instead of mild/moderate. but this morning it does not look as bad as i thought. my skin feels really tight again and i have a few more pimples today.

my lips are really chapped so i need to invest in something new for my lips cos vasaline is doing nothing for me.

well good luck fellow acne suffers, heres to clear skin soon, yipeeeeeeeeee

Hey there KJ, just checking in to see how things have gone.

acne on the nose? god, thats the most annoying spot to get one i swear, couple months ago i ahd one right at the center of my nose and I looked like the rudolph the raindeer.(it was a big cyst!)

it looks like you are doing well, as long as your face is dry, you know this thing is working for ya.

good luck to you in month 2.

DAY 25

when will this madness end, i hate life at the moment, or the lack of it with acne.

my nose all scabbed over so was healing and thats all i did all day is pick at it until it was red again, i just cant stop myself. i have covered it in sudocreme and see what happens.

my lips are so chapped thay are killing, i stopped using vasaline for a few days so i suppose the vasaline really helps, so im going to continue using that now and see if they get better

my hands have a really bad reash on them, my whole hand is red raw, not a pretty sight, but i can deal with it if my acne would just GO AWAY.

acne - maybe about 5 active pimples, about 15 healing and tons of red makrs, and a red nose, but it does look like the blackheads have gone from my nose so hopefully this red nose for a week or so will be worth it if no blackheads return,.

unfortunatley my face has that waxy look to it again but does not feel oily, does this mean my oil is returning and maybe i need a higher dose??? i got derm in 3 days

day 28 i month down

horay, 1 month has passed, its gone so quickly, but i still dont look to good.

my forehead is now crystal clear, but its never been a problem area for me. i broke out in about 10 spots overall during the first month on my forehead, and now they have all healed and no bad marks left. so hopefully that area stays clear, i have a fringe so it does not botjher me there anyway so i dont pick so much.

my jawline has broken out with 2 cysts today and i have around 15 active pimples on my cheeks and chin. ive never broken out my cheeks until i started accutane so that sucks.

im pretty sure my skin is getting oily again, is this normal. my pore are not small anymore they have grown a bit. maybe me dosgae should be upped. well i have got derm in 3 hours so i will ask him, altough he not very good derm, he did not tell me anything when i got the accutane, just 'oh you will get chapped lips and maybe hair loss, but you wont notice the hair loss, see you in a month.'

so i got my questions.im going to ask

1- when does he think my skin will clear

2- can i up my dosage to 60mg

3- how long does he plan to keep me on accutane.

im usre he plans 40mg for a year cos when i filled my script it said 4/52 weeks supply. dont think i cant handle a year unless my skin is clear by the time i hit 6 months, if so then i dont care that i have to take them for another 6 months if my skin is clear. ive heard that the longer you take them for the less likely it is your acne returns, that is why people who do like a 5 month course have their acne back a few months later. so in a way a year would be really good.

a year without drinking, ill be pissed off one glass of wine when this is over.

im sooooooo excited at the thought of clear skin,. ICANT WAIT

just an update to say that i saw derm and still on 40mg. the rash on my hands is to severe to up my dosage in case it gets worse. he said my face has shown no improvement but it should improve in my 3rd month. he says that i should only be on tane for 4 months. i hate acne, im so fed up

i forgot to say earlier that ive had an outbreak of spots on my upper arm and my back, never had spots there before so im not happy

hi kim

just been reading your log - very good and truthful!

I'm abit further along the accutane journey - nearly finished month 3. Your first month sounds pretty identical to mine so don't worry. After my first 2 weeks i had a nasty breakout in areas i was never really bothered before by acne. My derm kept me on 35mg (i weigh about 60kg). Things have definately improved, albeit slowly. I had hoped i'd been pretty clear by now - some people are by 3 months - but i think a combination of my persistent acne and being on a lowish dose for my weight (now 45mg) things will be abit slower for me but the end product will be the same.

Anyway, just wanted to say hang on in there - it's a rocky road with eventual success.

Good luck

kaz

hi kaz, thanks for dropping in, so are you clearing up now, and when did it start to clear. im having a bad day today. ivew gone to the extreme of painting my bathroom white so that my skin looks better when i look in the mirror. it was red on a few walls and made my skin look red everytime i went in there. god the things we do for having acne.

for anyone else who is reading my cheeks look terrible, its not spots its just dry skin that has flaked into red marks so it looks like ive had loads of spots on face, bascially my cheeks are covered with them, so my acne looks quite severe. i have a huge cyst on my jawline. and about 7 whitheads on my chin which i have popped, i cannot leave whitheads to show to the world. my face is flushing slightly again, especially at about 6 o clock for some reason.

so overall not doing to good entering week 5.

hi kim

sorry to hear you're having a bad day - and having to paint the bathroom!

My breakouts started dying down after about 6 weeks and slowly since then i have been getting a little clearer (though i also have alot of red marks on my cheeks and jawline - forehead lovely and clear!). The main difference i'd say is that i don't get those sore, red, lingering spots/cysts. I do get quite a few whiteheads but i'd take them any day over the others! The key i'm also finding is not to pick or squeeze (unless it's really ready to go). I honestly think i has helped over the last week. Difficult i know but won't a try ?!

Good luck - i know it's hard but keep smiling - it will so be worth it :D

kaz

my face has gone from worse to worse, when will this end, ive had a severe breakout over the last couple of days, today i have about 30 active pimples on my face, and tons of red marks, im so fed up

my face has gone from worse to worse, when will this end, ive had a severe breakout over the last couple of days, today i have about 30 active pimples on my face, and tons of red marks, im so fed up

hang in there buddy...i know u'll get better its probaby jus an initial breakout...b4 u know it....it will be gone....i know its hard to keep calm....but try to chill

good luck

hang in there buddy...i know u'll get better its probaby jus an initial breakout...b4 u know it....it will be gone....i know its hard to keep calm....but try to chill

good luck

thanks, i hope its gone soon, its snowed heavily here and all the kids and mothers are outside and i wont take my daughter out cos im to embarressed of my face

hey kim, sorry to hear you suffered a breakout

yeah, i suffered one too, and from what i remember, you and I started around the same time. Lets just wait it out and see what this thing does. I mean, for most people its supposed to work so...we can't be that unlucky right?

you will get better , bank on it!

It's difficult to know what to say. If I'm in your situation after a month I don't know if I'll be able to cope. Just stick it out. I know it's no great consolation but at least you're not working at the moment and you don't have to put up with people staring at you. I just hope it starts working for you soon. Good luck and chin up!

JC- yes we did start the same time i think, and we both predicted we be clear in a month, lol, im hanging in there til the bitter end

Ferris_dandini- i know not working is a god send at the moment, but im itching to get back to work. when i have clear skin the first thing im doing is looking for a job. im hoping that month 2 will be a turn around for me as its been for alot of others.

day 35

so today is not as bad as the other day, my complection is looking a lot better yesterday and today. i put my bad days down to the fact that i stopped using eucerin cream and used this stuff the doctor gave me instead, it must have broke me out and caused my skin to flush and dry, cos when i used the eucerin cream again its got a lot better.

acne wise not much active at all, the load that i had 2 days ago have cleared really fast, well they are still there but i can cover with make up. so not to bad overall, a good day (im scared to say that but its out there now)

good luck all acne fighters, thanks for reading my log :D

Hey glad to hear that you're having a good skin day. I think the initial breakouts get less each time so you're definitly heading in the right direction. I think i'll buy some eucerin cream. I've been looking for a good moisturiser. At the moment i'm using Olay Totaly Complete but my skin is getting so dry I think I need something more moisturising.

Good luck chick. You're 35 days down. Congragulations.

Hey glad to hear that you're having a good skin day. I think the initial breakouts get less each time so you're definitly heading in the right direction. I think i'll buy some eucerin cream. I've been looking for a good moisturiser. At the moment i'm using Olay Totaly Complete but my skin is getting so dry I think I need something more moisturising.

Good luck chick. You're 35 days down. Congragulations.

go for the eucerin , its £10 but worth it. i used less than a whole tube in a month, so £10 a month not to bad is it

day 36

lush skin day all day, make up matte, no oil, not many spots, red marks appear to be fading. what do i do when it comes for time to bath, pick my whole face, every scab i could find. left loads red marks....i know im stupid and naughty but i just could not stop. i hate myself for doing this. hopefully tomorrow it will look better again , and no picking for me. damn it.....im going to have chocolate to cheer myself up

day 38

so when is my skin going to clear, im so inpatient.

for the last 2 days i have been feeling really good about my face. its looked good, better skin tone and less spots. today i had a major busy stressful day, out and about all day. got home and checked out the mirror hoping to be happy but i was not. my face fas really shiny and my pores looked big all over my face, even my forehead you can see them really clearly. it looked really oily but yet there is no oil on my face. i dont get it. anyone got any ideas???

only had one spot pop its head in the last 3 days which was today.

i have a hard lump on my chin, small compared to a cyst but its really annoying me cos its not coming to a head, its not red, but you can see it cos its raised, what is it. its been there for about 3 weeks.

Hey sweetie, I'm not sure what kind of acne you had before, but maybe you are just now getting the inital breakout? My skin did this really bad for the first 2 weeks I was on tane.

Something I have made CERTAIN to do is take the pill with a high-fat meal. We're talking butter, chocolate, whole milk, the works. That's in addition to the meal I take it with. Isotretinoin is fat-soluble so if you take it with high-fat meals it absorbs into your system better. Maybe the pill just isn't absorbing as well because of diet? I don't know, just a thought.

My hand rash is better. Not perfect but better. Not hurting anymore at least! I'm sorry you aren't doing as well as you would like... but if you can, think of it this way - the worse you get, the more people will notice when you get better! Not a huge comfort... but still SOME sort of comfort, right?

Keep your chin up! We are getting closer! :wub:

day 38

i have a hard lump on my chin, small compared to a cyst but its really annoying me cos its not coming to a head, its not red, but you can see it cos its raised, what is it. its been there for about 3 weeks.

I've had two spots like that for about a month now :wall:

Got a new spot this morning as well. Im losing faith now :(

Hope your alright. :comfort:

posh, they are little bastards arnt they, id rather a head, so squeeze it and its gone in few days or so. im doing alright , we have to dont we.

tennesseegrl- thanks for stopping by my log, my hand rash is a lot better today, you cant really see it at all. about the IB think i had mine straight away, my acne got a lot worse in week 1 - 2 then has died down . my acne is very much like yours. what most would call mild but we prob feel is moderate. i have been watching your progress thoughout and its great to see you doing so well.

DAY 40

SO.... i thought about it today and i have far less spots than i have in about a year at the moment, but my skin tone is horrible, so although i have less spots my whole face disgusts me. once my pores shrink a little and the blotchy skin tone goes, oh and the damn blackheads (thought they were supossed to go at about 3 weeks) i think i will be very happy. i can deal with a small amount of spots.

red marks are fading which is good. not getting half as many spots as i used to. about 1 or 2 every 4-5 days, so thats great. but overall still nto happy with my face.

just to update that i still have no side effects apart from the dry skin and chapped lips. eucerin is great for the dryness and vasaline for the lips.

DAY 40

SO.... i thought about it today and i have far less spots than i have in about a year at the moment, but my skin tone is horrible, so although i have less spots my whole face disgusts me. once my pores shrink a little and the blotchy skin tone goes, oh and the damn blackheads (thought they were supossed to go at about 3 weeks) i think i will be very happy. i can deal with a small amount of spots.

red marks are fading which is good. not getting half as many spots as i used to. about 1 or 2 every 4-5 days, so thats great. but overall still nto happy with my face.

just to update that i still have no side effects apart from the dry skin and chapped lips. eucerin is great for the dryness and vasaline for the lips.

hey kim, checking in to see how you are doing.

once again, you are so lucky you dont have any side effects... your body must be made of steel or something, if accutane can't penerate anything but your face (since youa re seeing progress there!)

good luck to you