Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kj1982

post tane of 3 month course, im clear

DAY 7

blah is all i feel like saying. my skin is still horrible, red flaky and tight and oil. cant wait for the oil to go and at least that will beone thing to cross off the list

as for the acne, no new spots again today and they are drying up really fast but just leaving a flat red mark. my skin feels really soft to touch.

no more headaches no more stinging eyes

lips are starting to get really dry now

the big lump on my chin has gone down.

im hoping this is a turning point.

maybe it was not a breakout, i hope it was and thats it though, it was a bad breakout for me but lets just hope thats it.

i may be a lucky one :pray:

Thanks for visiting my log Kim, and yeah hopefully we can achieve some fast results!! but anyways,

Yeah the redness on the face blows, and at the same time your face is peeling, and if you are moisturizing, your face looks like its oozing goo or something and you feel like you look you got burned on something. Well, my redness was real bad from about day 4 and on, but its calmed down alot from day 8 or 9 or so, so you'll begin to see it slowly calm down (although not completely, at least not for me yet and im at day 11)

good luck to you and stay strong, only a couple months til you are clear, and besides, you don't have severe acne, you don't have to worry about scars, be glad about that alone!

Cheers.

day 8

offically done my first week

no new spots today, evrything else pretty much the same.

this morning was the first time i have woken up with no oil on my face. wohoooo, but i little oily again now 4 hours later.

thanks for reading

Hello kj. Just been reading your latest offerings and am positively positive that things are starting to look up for you :D The reduction in oil will just get better and better, like the red face too. Yep, there'll be peeling and some strange spots that appear then vanish, or pop up in in unlikely places, but the tane is working its magic and your acne will never be the same again :D Sounds like I'm being paid by accutane to write that, but it's true. Still madness to go, I'm sure, but it's madness for a reason!

Thanks for stopping by in Mr Tom's ramblings.

Warm Welsh wishes!

Mr T

day 10

wow this is going by quick.

anyway i got 6 new piples today which i had to pop. i just cant leave whiteheads. i have one cyst whic is on my nose right next to my eye, and its really sore.

overall i dont look to bad cos my skin tone is much improved, the redness has gone away and the oil. im really pleased with that. even tho i have a ton of red marks and a few active pimples i feel much better.

still got dry flaky skin.

but so far im pleased to have started accutane, so long as it does not get worse than it is now ill be one happy chick

still no joint pain

headaches are gone

stingy eyes gone

dry lips are annoying but i can deal with it

one more thing i got emu oil, so started applying last night, will let you know how that goes cos so far i have not found a moisturiser that does not sting my face, so not been moisturising at all, which explains the dry skin.

does anybody know if emu oil will do as a moisturiser alone?

day 11

covered in spots today, nothing else to report. overall skin tone still looks better, no oil but plenty of spots.

boo hoo

day 12

still the same as yest. nothing much to report. still flaky and dry no oil, its really wierd cos i keep going to blot my skin and there is no oil.

had a mega picking fest this morning and left an aftermath of red marks, not good :wall:

gotta stop picking (mental note)

the cyst by my eye popped and is now healing. overall i dont loo to bad, spots are clearing faster than before

im still very happy to be on accutane and just know that i will be clear sooner rather than later

day 12

still the same as yest. nothing much to report. still flaky and dry no oil, its really wierd cos i keep going to blot my skin and there is no oil.

had a mega picking fest this morning and left an aftermath of red marks, not good :wall:

gotta stop picking (mental note)

im still very happy to be on accutane and just know that i will be clear sooner rather than later

Any sign of a reduction in acne yet? Have you been breaking out as severely as the first few days?

Glad to see that most of the side-effects are subsiding for you.

I wasn't sure if I too was getting the red-face slightly - thing is, my natural colour is somewhat tanned and it just looked like I'd tanned more. Not complaining! Still, I suspect it'll start turning properly red sometime soon...

Stay away from popping 'em! However embarassing it looks at the minute, just think about how good it'll look in the summer. Don't risk scarring now that you're on the road to clear skin!

Any sign of a reduction in acne yet? Have you been breaking out as severely as the first few days?

yes definately a reduction in the acne, from about day 8. im hoping that the first couple of days were my initial breakout and thats it. i dont look to bad at all now. the first 5 days were hell, but slowly improvement has shown from there. my skin today looks better than it has in about 3 months i think. im very happy at the moment and just hopes it lasts. reading this site does not help sometimes as you fear that you will have the same negative effects that others have. my derm told me that the fact that people have initial breakouts is not always the case, it depends on each person. he was quite convinced that i would not have one as my acne is not severe anyway. basically he said that when the pills kick in it stops acne in its tracks, what comes out on your skin from then on would have come out anyway. so im hoping thats all i got left now is old pimples surfacing and no new ones growing....

god that was a long story....so when do you start the accutane.

dangermouse, thanks for stopping by my log. my redness has gone completely, ive not been red faced since day 8 i think, so you may bot get it at all. i hope you dont its horrible. good luck with it

day 13

well last night i was so happy i could have cried. i looked in the mirror and my skin looked flawless. no oil, no dry skin, blackheads barly visable and not many visable red marks, NO ACTIVE ACNE.

anyway today i wake up and had a huge smile accross my face as my skin looked great. i applied my make up as usual and happily carried on my day. checked the mirror 2 hours later and OMG. my whole face was pealing, its horrible. i tired rubbing it off gently , the more i rubbed themore it flaked and red marks started appearing everywhere. im so unhappy again now. but i do not have any active pimples at the moment, just a few drying out and red marks. my lips are really chapped but i can handle that.

so i really need to find something to handle the dry skin, i just dont know what to use, any suggestions.

what i have noticed is that my skin looks great in the morning and great at night but if i look during the day i look like shit. why is that???? is it the natural light maybe? maybe its just cos when its dark and using a lamp to check out in the mirror my skin just looks better.

im so ready for clear skin, i was so happy last night that i started thinking of all the things i could do when i have clear skin, its just makes you realise what you are missing out on cos you suffer from acne. it sux and i just cant wait for it to be over.

yes definately a reduction in the acne, from about day 8. im hoping that the first couple of days were my initial breakout and thats it. i dont look to bad at all now. the first 5 days were hell, but slowly improvement has shown from there. my skin today looks better than it has in about 3 months i think. im very happy at the moment and just hopes it lasts. reading this site does not help sometimes as you fear that you will have the same negative effects that others have. my derm told me that the fact that people have initial breakouts is not always the case, it depends on each person. he was quite convinced that i would not have one as my acne is not severe anyway. basically he said that when the pills kick in it stops acne in its tracks, what comes out on your skin from then on would have come out anyway. so im hoping thats all i got left now is old pimples surfacing and no new ones growing....

god that was a long story....so when do you start the accutane.

My next appointment with my derm is Tue 21st Feb so I'm hoping I'll be starting accutane on that very same day. My blood tests came back fine so don't see any reason why I won't. I would have started a bit earlier but I'm going to Lanzarote tomorrow!

I'm pleased that things are going well for you :D . It's made me feel a little bit more optimistic. Did your derm say they would up your dosage? Have to say I'd be reluctant to have mine increased if my skin was clear. If I could do a course of 40mg per day for 4 months and just have to maintain my skin with retin-a or bp afterwards then I'd be more than happy.

no the derm did not say he would up my dosage, he was reluctant to give me the accutane so i doubt he will up it. he wrote on the prescription 4/52 weeks , im hoping that does not mean i will be taking them for a year. maybe i will be cos its a low dose. in a way it would be good cos the longer you stay on the meds the less likely it is that your acne will return. and think in say 6 months i should be totally clear anyway. i have no bad side effects apart from dry skin and lips so it would not bother me to stay on them for the year. its only taking 2 pills a day anyway

hey KJ, glad to see you are doing well.

No side effects? damn.... you are so lucky, but then... your dose is low, so i guess thats reasonable, im at 60 and im suffering from insanely dried eyes.

good luck to you.

no the derm did not say he would up my dosage, he was reluctant to give me the accutane so i doubt he will up it. he wrote on the prescription 4/52 weeks , im hoping that does not mean i will be taking them for a year. maybe i will be cos its a low dose. in a way it would be good cos the longer you stay on the meds the less likely it is that your acne will return. and think in say 6 months i should be totally clear anyway. i have no bad side effects apart from dry skin and lips so it would not bother me to stay on them for the year. its only taking 2 pills a day anyway

My derm said she wanted to put me on it for 4 months so I'm thinking maybe she wants to go with the maximum dosage which would be 80mg a day in my case( I'm exactly 80kg at the moment, weird eh?). Plus she told me she likes to hit it hard and try and eliminate the problem completely. I don't think I could handle 12 months. I drink regularly so that would be absolute hell for me. :evil:

oh im only 46kg so dont i think i can go as high as 80 mg. im tiny lol.

and i never really drink seen as i have a 3 year old daughter i dont go out as much as i used to so the drinking really does not bother me at all

day 14

well its going ok. i got a few pimples popping up on my shin, which has always been my main problem area.

the cyst on my nose has cleared up really quickly.

today was the first day i have not needed to touch up my make up at all, it staying perfect all day, well its 6.00 now so would not bother now anyway.

my face is looking quite good. still red marks and as i said a few pimples still coming through, but thats better than a new cyst every few days and 4-5 pimples a day.

blackheads seem to be started to purge out of my skin, so they are quite plain on my nose. my pores seem to have shrunk a bit, so with no oil and smaller pores that makes me look a lot better. my boyfriend told me that my skin looks 'normal', so i was quite happy with that.

i :pray: this lasts

oh yeah and about the dry skin, i used eucerin dry skin face cream last night and this morning and i have no dry skin, what a miralce

day 15

i hope this continues to fly by, cant beleive its been 15 days already.

so still more pimples popping up on my chin area mainly. i cant stop picking them so they keep scabbing over all the time. i look quite spotty at the moment, but my overall skin tone is really improved since starting accutane. you can hardly notice my pores which used to be huge. they just shrunk without me noticing.

the blackheads are still a problem on my nose.

still no oil

chapped lips nothing major

dry skin but eucerin seems to be keeping it at bay

no joint pains

no headaches

no nose bleeds

so no major side effects at all

i have developed a rash on my hands the same as the one betty cherry shows in her log. and my arms are really dry

its my birthday on tuesday (valentines day) and guess what no drinking. that sucks. so im going to the cinema with my boyf to see final destination 3, suits me sitting in the dark where no one can see my skin.

I don't know what's the worse birthday punishment - not being able to drink, or having to watch Final Destination 3 ;-) lol

I'm using Eucerin moisturiser too and it seems to be doing the trick - whap it on as soon as I get out the shower and I'm pretty much set. I find if I start putting it on later in the day, once things are already starting to flake, it gets a lot trickier.

Looks like you're doing really well with the side effects, and all without taking any supplements too!

yeah no supplements, i decided accutane has to do the job alone.

day 16

woke up this morning feeling good, wacked my make up on and out i went to town. when i got back looked in the mirror and my face was a wreck, dry skin and 6 new pimples, how the hell can 6 pimples pop up while your shopping. so i look terrible to sum it up. so i went crazy to work and managed to pick every scab off my face, instead of looking clear which i did this morning i have about 20 redmarks on my face, and 6 active pimples. what a bummer, i feel really down now

happy birthday to me

not much to report on the acne. my skin is def improving and thats all i want to say

day 21

wow 3 weeks already, doesnt seem like that, blood work next week, i hope everything is ok

well is is true that accutane is a rollercoaster ride, my skin is great one day and terrible the next. im not having half as many spots. my problems area was my jawline. well my jawline is almost clear now. my chin now has a lot of spots on it. suppose its pushing it all out. im really enjoying having no oil on my face, but the dry skin is hard to keep under control most days.

so i think im clearing slowly but surely, i hope i dont eat my words

no side effects at all, slightly chapped lips and dry skin, but that not really a side effect in my eyes , its just the pills doing ther job.

my blackheads are really visable, when should they go, any advise on how to get rid???

i am eating my words, i had a breakout, it sux. thought i was on the home straight, but i look like shit today. my pores seems to have grown overnoight and i have blackheads like everywhere, i only ever used to get them on my nose. is it pushing them out?

dry skin is terrible.

slight redness to my face again, i have not been red since day 8ish

still no oil tho thank god :D

it does not help that i keep picking, i just cant stop picking the scabs off my chin so they keep coming back everyday, im not letting them heal. im going to try my best not to pick

i hope things pick up from here cos i feel really down today

i am eating my words, i had a breakout, it sux. thought i was on the home straight, but i look like shit today. my pores seems to have grown overnoight and i have blackheads like everywhere, i only ever used to get them on my nose. is it pushing them out?

dry skin is terrible.

slight redness to my face again, i have not been red since day 8ish

still no oil tho thank god :D

it does not help that i keep picking, i just cant stop picking the scabs off my chin so they keep coming back everyday, im not letting them heal. im going to try my best not to pick

i hope things pick up from here cos i feel really down today

You should never pick at spots!!! Despite the latest breakout do you think your skin looks better than it it did 3 weeks ago? I'm looking for some positive feedback here cos it's not long to go before I start. Don't know how to feel at the moment. :confused:

You can't really tell much at 3 weeks. It usually takes about 2-3 months before most start to see good results...at least that's how it looks from reading through these accutane logs. I am on month 2 and things are getting better everyday. Don't worry too much kj, things will probably get worse at first, but you WILL have clear skin soon! And try not to pick at your skin...it will scar easier and you will be mad at yourself later on.