Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pacsmalls

HELP PLEASE! IDK WHAT KIND OF SCARS THESE ARE!

im not sure what kind of scars i have or what treatment you guys think would work best. ive went to the derm once before and all he did was give me cream for roscea and told me nothing about scars. i dont really breakout anymore but i have the ocassional one to two pimples but mostly its just the scars and red marks and constant redness in my face. idk what to do anymore and i wanted to see what you guys thought before i try to go see a doctor again. i have a few pics i tryed my best to get ones that actually showed them well please help!!!

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

Those aren't scars... They are indentations from old breakouts... Gentle exfoliation w/SA or glycolic acid should clear that in no time. Personally, I just manually exfoliate w/a complexion brush and it took care of similar indentations on my skin...

They are definitely scars. Sorry to say that pacsmalls, but you also say that yourself. nycprincesa you say that yourself: it is indentations and that is scars. I believe they are NOT just going to magically disappear by exfoliation.

But the redness is a sign that they are still improving.

I think people are delusional when they say such marks will just fade with exfoliation. With time the redness is going to disappear, and then they will look better, but it will also be more evident that they are scars.

Those "scars" look really fresh from recent breakouts and from my experience when you stop breaking out I think they will probably improve greatly. Exfoliation stimulates collagen production and if they are not nearly perfect when you clear up there are loads of things you could do.

Pacsmalls:

Experience has tought me a lot of priceless things in this acne scarring battle. Unfortunately, I've learned the hard way. I've been reading some of these posts and some people have no clue or whatsoever they're talking about. So if you want to avoid a nightmare, don't listen to them. Your pictures tell me that you do have rosacea. Even though it's a preliminary stage. Doctors call it "Stage-1" I also see some scars. They are not severe, but they are not that shallow either. The good thing is that you have only a few scars, and most of them are located right between the cheek and chin area. So it's an area where they don't get that much attention. In other words, they are the last thing people would notice. Now comes the interesting part, if you didn't have redness around your scars, they were totally unnoticeable. Your skin tissue was not damaged severly. I think your scarring case is one of those exceptional cases where just by taking care of the redness you can easily get away with it. Instead of focusing on scarring treatments you should work on taking care of your imflamation. Your skin looks very irritated. I don't know if you were/are a heavy creams/cosmetic user. But your skin seems to be rejecting some kind of product or undergoing a slow healing process. Rosacea is not a joke. It should be addressed seriously. It's less difficult to keep a rosacea-stage-1 under control. Once your case starts worsening, your life becomes a complete nightmare and unmanagable. Eventhough rosacea is seen more on white skinned females over 30, recent medical studies show that it can happen to any person (except people of color) at any age. I've seen some pictures of 5-yea-old girlies with rosacea. In some cases it's generics, others environmental and lifestyle in general.

WHILE YOUR SKIN IS STILL RED, YOU SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM: EXFOLIATIONS (totally the opposite of what some people are suggesting) INCLUDING MICRODERMABRASION, RETIN-A CREAMS/GELS. ALPHA AND BETA HYDROXY ACIDS (WHICH INCLUDES BUT NOT LIMITED TO GLYCOL.ACIDS. SALICILIC ACID. WITCH HAZEL) , ALCOHOL CONTAINING PRODUCTS,MENTHOL,CONCENTRATED SULFUR, WHITE PETROLUM CREAMS, PERFUMED FACIAL CREAMS/PRODUCTS. ALL KINDS OF PEELING METHODS AND PRODUCTS SUCH AS TCA, PHENOL, OBAGI,BLUE PEELS, SILICONE COATING CREAMS. I have no doubt that these products may in some way try to help some conditions, BUT THEY ARE A "BIG NO" FOR PEOPLE WITH INFLAMED OR IRRITATED SKIN. I'd even suggest you to wash your face only once every two days if possible. the trick here is not to touch your skin. Just let it rest, let it heal. ALSO, MAKEUP MAY INTERUPT THE HEALING PROCESS, SO IF YOU MUST WEAR MAKEUP, MAKE SURE IT'S A MINERAL BASE, HYPOALLERGIC,NONCOMEDOGENIC, OIL , TALC,AND MICA FREE.

(Food is another broad aspect related in some way to this condition. But I can write about it next time.)

You should be thankful for not having awful scars, and you should definitely forget about treating them for the moment especially when there is a (greater) overlaping condition. Don't listen to people who wanna rush you into scarring treatments Remember, some doctors just wanna take advantage of the first opportunity to increase their wealth. But you are the one who is going to suffer the consequences. I bet there are a lot of people on this forum who are dying to have your scars. So don't worry about your scars. Take care of your rosacea first. And I can guarantee you 100% once your redness is gone, your (few) scars will be unnoticeable. Don't give your skin a hard time. Don't touch it.

" Never, ever hurt or touch a woman nor a rosacea-skin, Not even with the petal of a rose"

-Fighter05

They are definitely scars. Sorry to say that pacsmalls, but you also say that yourself. nycprincesa you say that yourself: it is indentations and that is scars. I believe they are NOT just going to magically disappear by exfoliation.

I think people are delusional when they say such marks will just fade with exfoliation. With time the redness is going to disappear, and then they will look better, but it will also be more evident that they are scars.

the scars are about a year old, my redmarks used to be worse but have faded SLOWLY over time but that mess of them is still there and i cant hide it with makeup and i just want to get rid of them, then the scarring i bought this collagen serum stuff that is supposed to help ant aging and fill lines, but anyway it said collagen so ive been using that for just about 3 days so its too soon to tell, but what kind of treatment do you think would work???

Those aren't scars... They are indentations from old breakouts... Gentle exfoliation w/SA or glycolic acid should clear that in no time. Personally, I just manually exfoliate w/a complexion brush and it took care of similar indentations on my skin...

yea i agree they are def scars and i used to exfoliate and it really did NOTHING but kinda make it more red, ive been using thiis brightening cream to lighten up the red and brown spots but ive only been using it for about a week now so im not sure how good it will work. but ive had these marks for about a year and they really arent going away =/ i just dont know what kind of treatment i should go with

Pacsmalls:

Experience has tought me a lot of priceless things in this acne scarring battle. Unfortunately, I've learned the hard way. I've been reading some of these posts and some people have no clue or whatsoever they're talking about. So if you want to avoid a nightmare, don't listen to them. Your pictures tell me that you do have rosacea. Even though it's a preliminary stage. Doctors call it "Stage-1" I also see some scars. They are not severe, but they are not that shallow either. The good thing is that you have only a few scars, and most of them are located right between the cheek and chin area. So it's an area where they don't get that much attention. In other words, they are the last thing people would notice. Now comes the interesting part, if you didn't have redness around your scars, they were totally unnoticeable. Your skin tissue was not damaged severly. I think your scarring case is one of those exceptional cases where just by taking care of the redness you can easily get away with it. Instead of focusing on scarring treatments you should work on taking care of your imflamation. Your skin looks very irritated. I don't know if you were/are a heavy creams/cosmetic user. But your skin seems to be rejecting some kind of product or undergoing a slow healing process. Rosacea is not a joke. It should be addressed seriously. It's less difficult to keep a rosacea-stage-1 under control. Once your case starts worsening, your life becomes a complete nightmare and unmanagable. Eventhough rosacea is seen more on white skinned females over 30, recent medical studies show that it can happen to any person (except people of color) at any age. I've seen some pictures of 5-yea-old girlies with rosacea. In some cases it's generics, others environmental and lifestyle in general.

WHILE YOUR SKIN IS STILL RED, YOU SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM: EXFOLIATIONS (totally the opposite of what some people are suggesting) INCLUDING MICRODERMABRASION, RETIN-A CREAMS/GELS. ALPHA AND BETA HYDROXY ACIDS (WHICH INCLUDES BUT NOT LIMITED TO GLYCOL.ACIDS. SALICILIC ACID. WITCH HAZEL) , ALCOHOL CONTAINING PRODUCTS,MENTHOL,CONCENTRATED SULFUR, WHITE PETROLUM CREAMS, PERFUMED FACIAL CREAMS/PRODUCTS. ALL KINDS OF PEELING METHODS AND PRODUCTS SUCH AS TCA, PHENOL, OBAGI,BLUE PEELS, SILICONE COATING CREAMS. I have no doubt that these products may in some way try to help some conditions, BUT THEY ARE A "BIG NO" FOR PEOPLE WITH INFLAMED OR IRRITATED SKIN. I'd even suggest you to wash your face only once every two days if possible. the trick here is not to touch your skin. Just let it rest, let it heal. ALSO, MAKEUP MAY INTERUPT THE HEALING PROCESS, SO IF YOU MUST WEAR MAKEUP, MAKE SURE IT'S A MINERAL BASE, HYPOALLERGIC,NONCOMEDOGENIC, OIL , TALC,AND MICA FREE.

(Food is another broad aspect related in some way to this condition. But I can write about it next time.)

You should be thankful for not having awful scars, and you should definitely forget about treating them for the moment especially when there is a (greater) overlaping condition. Don't listen to people who wanna rush you into scarring treatments Remember, some doctors just wanna take advantage of the first opportunity to increase their wealth. But you are the one who is going to suffer the consequences. I bet there are a lot of people on this forum who are dying to have your scars. So don't worry about your scars. Take care of your rosacea first. And I can guarantee you 100% once your redness is gone, your (few) scars will be unnoticeable. Don't give your skin a hard time. Don't touch it.

" Never, ever hurt or touch a woman nor a rosacea-skin, Not even with the petal of a rose"

-Fighter05

hii thanks for replying with so much info!! im not too familiar with these boards or even a lot of the treatments people say because ive kinda just been trying to wait my healing out instead of paying 100 dollars to go to the derm. im really clueless on what roscea really is and i was really confused when the doctor gave me cream for that because i thought he was gonna give me some kind of acne stuff. but the cream he gave me burned really bad and dryed me out so i stopped using it =/

i agree with my scars arent that bad because i really only have maybe about 3 that are kinda deep and it could be much worse but i still want to get rid of it. they really dont get tooo red its more of a brown? and no matter what i cant hide them with makeup. i just have a lot of red marks on my face and just redness period. no i dont really wear makeup because it doesnt hide it anyway but if i do use some its always mineral but i very rarely even wear it.

i used to try to exfoliate with at home microdermabrasion just trying to get rid of the scars but yes then i noticed that it made my skin look worse. so all ive been doing now is washing my face with purpose and then doing BP and then putting cetaphil on. i just started using this skin brightening cream/mask thing to try to fade the marks and then this collagen boosting serum for the scars, do you think i should discontinue that?? ive only been using not even a week and im not sure if i should be doing it or not? i have cut off all exfoliation scrub type stuff and i only wash my face two times a day.

OK i do have a fewwww questions that id love you if you answered for me!!

-do you know if theres any drugstore/over the counter creams for roscea that i can get without going to the derm to get a perscription?

- should i only wash my face once a day or once every two days?

-should i stop using the brightening mask and collagen serum?

-what foods should i be staying away from??

-should i keep doing my normal washing (the purpose face wash, BP, then cetaphil) or are any of those irritating?

sorry for the questions but you dont even know how much this is helping me because i would rather hear it from a sufferer then a doctor just trying to get my money. im just to the point to where idk what to do anymore but you really did help me out. thanks sooo much!!!

Have you tried Retin-A or AHA? I think it will work for your mild scars. Good luck :)

hiii nooo i havent tried any of that, the only thing i tryed was some kind of roscea cream but i havent been back to the derm to find out wat kind of treatments i should be getting. is retin a the one that makes your skin really worse??? im really clueless on a lot of this stuff thats why i come to the boards because at least i can hear the stuff in normal english instead of doctor talk trying to confuse me and take my money

the scars are about a year old, my redmarks used to be worse but have faded SLOWLY over time but that mess of them is still there and i cant hide it with makeup and i just want to get rid of them, then the scarring i bought this collagen serum stuff that is supposed to help ant aging and fill lines, but anyway it said collagen so ive been using that for just about 3 days so its too soon to tell, but what kind of treatment do you think would work???

Since you ask. Personally I would:

1) Wait till I get my scenar in about 1 week. It is said to be able to make the scars heal again from the inside by forcing the body to produce neuropeptides. If that works I tell this board and then I would obviously suggest that you buy one. But since I haven't tried it yet, I cannot tell whether it works.

2) If the scenar does not work, you could consider taking Toparamax (the experiment Colin is doing).

But until now I would wait and see what results I and Colin get from the treatments. If they work they are much better, because they heal the scars from the inside.

Since you ask. Personally I would:

1) Wait till I get my scenar in about 1 week. It is said to be able to make the scars heal again from the inside by forcing the body to produce neuropeptides. If that works I tell this board and then I would obviously suggest that you buy one. But since I haven't tried it yet, I cannot tell whether it works.

2) If the scenar does not work, you could consider taking Toparamax (the experiment Colin is doing).

But until now I would wait and see what results I and Colin get from the treatments. If they work they are much better, because they heal the scars from the inside.

hii what exactly is scenar???

Hopefully a miracle-cure for acne-scars. I am still waiting for my scenar to arrive. Notice that scenar = kosmed.

This is a picture of a scenar/kosmed: (the one I bought)

IPB Image

For more info see:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=76425

OMG THAT THING IS $1500?!?!?!!?!?!?!?! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. i only read some of that thread so far and just wow if that thing really works thats amazing because those peoples scars went completly away. but omg i CAN NOT afford that, i cant even afford to go to the derm, so hopefully you have tips on finding a cheaper one?????

I bought it on ebay for 375$ + 25$ for shipping = 400$

Expensive, but not too expensive.

What's a scenar doing on e-bay ???? Maybe it doesn't do anything for scars and the person who bought decided to to sell it instead of throwing it away and losing big bucks. And I bet you'll do the same once you realize it's only bullshit.

Nope Dude-WhyDoIhaveScars?, that's not the case.

The scenar I have bought is similar to the ones you can buy here:

http://www.diadens.com/

It is easy to prove that he has not just bought it and found out it did not work, because he keeps selling them. He does not only have one, but many.

Have you even read how the scenar works? How can you say it's bullshit?

It's people like you whom I would not tell if the scenar works or not. You might be missing a great acne-scar treatment because of that remark. Too bad for you - you can have fun with acids burning your face.

Hopefully a miracle-cure for acne-scars. I am still waiting for my scenar to arrive. Notice that scenar = kosmed.

IPB Image

For more info see:

LOL...what people will do to improve scars. This reminds of the zap a zit device marketed on infomercials like 10 years ago where you zap a zit and it's gone the next day...lol. I really hope this works for you. I really do.

IPB Image

For more info see:

LOL...what people will do to improve scars. This reminds of the zap a zit device marketed on infomercials like 10 years ago where you zap a zit and it's gone the next day...lol. I really hope this works for you. I really do.

hahah thats what i thouhgt, one of those pore cleaner things. but then i started readin that thread and it seems pretty legit and so i looked some up and even on ebay theyre like 500 dollars. i mean im sorry i wouldnt want to spend that much and then it not work because theres no way of getting your money back. but i am gonna keep checkin up on that when zxc uses it to see if does work

yea i checked some out on there and i did find a few for like 220 which is really reasonable IF it actually works. so pleasepleasepleaaaasee keep me informed because id gladly buy it off there if it really did work like it showed in them pictures!

What's a scenar doing on e-bay ???? Maybe it doesn't do anything for scars and the person who bought decided to to sell it instead of throwing it away and losing big bucks. And I bet you'll do the same once you realize it's only bullshit.

i agree because im extreeeemly sketchy about buying stuff on ebay esp things that are a few hundred dollars, so i think either they used it and it worked for them so they didnt need it anymore or it just flat out didnt work

Good luck with those dear. I feel your pain :P

=/ its weird because now im starting to completely agree that i have roscea and really irritated skin because i took someones advice to only wash my face once every 2 days and i havent put anything on my face at all and my red marks and redness really arent there, but the little 4 brown marks still show and the little bit of actual scarring but thats it. still not good enough for me but im gonna look into findin roscea cream online so i dont have to go to the derm, and see if that helps me out some. thanks!!

Not to be crude, but can I use the wand to insert into my vagina?

I'm not as anatomically in shape down there anymore after having a baby.

Would it actually help the muscles and stuff?

I'm not as anatomically in shape down there anymore after having a baby.

Would it actually help the muscles and stuff?

uhhhhh what

wow, i have a few indents like that

so like, once the redness goes away are we stuck with a shallow dent or what ? dont knwo much anout acne scars =(

Sweetie, I have a very nice and hard wand and I'll be more than happy to insert it into your vagina. I don't know if it'll make you heal, but it will make you feel reallllllly goooooooood! :)

mmmm~~