Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
new_guy1

Please post your experiences with scars docs in the DC, MD, VA area.

both, and since i work in mclean and will be doing it right after work, i will be going to the vienna office.

4 weeks between treatments

still not convinced this guy is worth an extra $1200 for a treatment of 4... would be interested in your experiences.

good luck, he sounds good.

thats awesome Ziggy, please let us know how it goes and take before and after pics! what kind of scarring is it that you have? and whats the cost of the treatment package youre getting? Im interested because I live in the area.

i'm actually not going to do the laser til the beginining of next year b/c of being on accutane.

i will be getting spot treatment so i'm only paying $350 for the forehead.

he does charge $1100 for full face but he only starts off with 3 treatments

I've gone to Dr. Walia in DC, at George Washington Univ. Medical Faculty Associates (whew, what a mouthful!) for Smoothbeam, V-beam, and Botox. I had my 5th Smoothbeam last Thursday, and I'm pleased so far. I used to be a Smoothbeam skeptic, and it certainly hasn't made my skin perfect, but so far it's helped smooth out the scars that weren't completely fixed by my dermabrasion last year. She will continue to do as many Smoothbeams as I wish, but after five she asks you to wait at least two months for continued improvement to show before you decide whether you want to continue. So that's where I am now.

Dr. Walia is young and friendly, although she has made me wait too long on a few occasions. Also, she doesn't always seem to SEE all my scars, so I have to point them out and make sure she zaps the right spots. But after my third session, she started charging me less-- $200 instead of $300 (this is for my cheeks only, but like my whole cheek including the sides of my face and down by the sides of my mouth). I'm happy with her.

I've gone to Dr. Walia in DC, at George Washington Univ. Medical Faculty Associates (whew, what a mouthful!) for Smoothbeam, V-beam, and Botox. I had my 5th Smoothbeam last Thursday, and I'm pleased so far. I used to be a Smoothbeam skeptic, and it certainly hasn't made my skin perfect, but so far it's helped smooth out the scars that weren't completely fixed by my dermabrasion last year. She will continue to do as many Smoothbeams as I wish, but after five she asks you to wait at least two months for continued improvement to show before you decide whether you want to continue. So that's where I am now.

Dr. Walia is young and friendly, although she has made me wait too long on a few occasions. Also, she doesn't always seem to SEE all my scars, so I have to point them out and make sure she zaps the right spots. But after my third session, she started charging me less-- $200 instead of $300 (this is for my cheeks only, but like my whole cheek including the sides of my face and down by the sides of my mouth). I'm happy with her.

Who did your dermabrasion? and what were the results?

I had fraxel with Dr. Weiss up near Baltimore. He is very experienced and honest and prices are a lot better than others I'm seeing listed on this board. For what it is worth, I do believe that on my last 2 or 3 treatments, he (and the other dr. in his practice who saw me) said they were finding better results for scarring on low settings, more passes. I was happy with my results. And I believe he does excisions, for the person who asked about that.

Although Dr. Tanzi (Alster's partner) is expensive, it should be noted that they offer sculptra, while not many others do, and have experience with it--aren't just starting to experiment. So, the price may be worth it if you are interested in that.

I saw Dr. Adrian and Dr. Ali and was unimpressed.

Stay away from Dr. Magassy in Mclean and Bethesda. I had a very bad experience with him and have since heard another dr. say about him "he knows nothing about skin" and another call him "the butcher of Bethesda".

Has anyone else seen Dr. Berzin?

Who did your dermabrasion? and what were the results?

Id like to know the answer to that too, and to the other person what were the % improvements on your scars from dr weiss and what type of scars did you have?

thanks

ps. also where near baltimore was it? I live in annapolis

hi -- i just went for a consult with dr kazin in baltimore-- and also spoke with people at dr. gerrish's office and dr. weiss's. i was quoted $1150 for full face with dr. gerrish and $600 for weiss (though i wonder if this was accurate? they said they have 3 fraxel lasers, so i'm unsure which one...). dr kazin charges $750, btw.

alicerb, do you have any before/after pics?

also ziggy, please keep us up-to-date on the treatment with dr. gerrish!

i'm trying to figure out which of these doctors to go to :)

also i don't think any of them have the *newest* fraxel laser, mentioned in reliant's news announcement dated 8/14/06, which is supposed to go deeper. anyone know of a doctor who might have it? (the new one is the SR1500 -- i think the other fraxel laser is just called Fraxel SR).

Anyone familiar with a Dr. Golberg (or something similiar, I can't read my Dr's writing). He just referred me to this Dr on Tuesday for scar treatment. Hopefully I'll get in in the next couple months and will keep you posted.

Anyone had dermabrasion around DC or NoVa with good results?

Also, very interested in your fraxel results alicerb1...and curious to hear of your experience with Dr Gerrish Ziggy.

Hopefully this thread does not die.

I had considered seeing Gerrish for a consultation, though right now I am teetering back and forth between fraxel and dermabrasion. Most likely dermabrasion will win out.

GT, why are you hesitant with Dr Gerrish?

I'm hesitant with any doctor.

Gerrish's place was just too commercial. I want a doctor, not a beauty salon.

However, truthfully, I will probably go to him if I decide to do Fraxel. Its more convenient for me than other places.

I'm hesitant with any doctor.

Gerrish's place was just too commercial. I want a doctor, not a beauty salon.

However, truthfully, I will probably go to him if I decide to do Fraxel. Its more convenient for me than other places.

dr. gerrish's office quoted me twice what dr. weiss's office did (in baltimore).

and drs. weiss (husband and wife and associates) are pretty well known as well.

i think their office is called maryland skin and laser, or something. but you can search for them on the fraxel site.

Yes, Dr. Weiss is very well know reputable Dr. I've never even heard of Dr. Gerrish before. I hope he isn't another Dima Ali.

I thought Gerrish was pretty cheap, actually, for Fraxel.

I heard Dr Weiss does subcission too. Anyone have this done?

I'm thinking of doing subcission first but cant find a doctor around. Dr Adrian was referred to met o do subcission, but when I saw him he just pressed Fraxel on me, which was a turn off.

I thought Gerrish was pretty cheap, actually, for Fraxel.

I heard Dr Weiss does subcission too. Anyone have this done?

I'm thinking of doing subcission first but cant find a doctor around. Dr Adrian was referred to met o do subcission, but when I saw him he just pressed Fraxel on me, which was a turn off.

GT, I've never had this done but I know someone that has seen Dr. Weiss about subcision (Goblin). I'm not sure if they actually had it done but I do know for a fact that he does subcision. PM Goblin and she can give you a better idea.

has anyone gone to the center for plastic surgery in annandale virginia or chevy chase maryland? im going to a free consultation for fraxel treatments with dr. G. Wesley Price. has anyone had experience with him or any of his co doctors, Dr. Albert F. Fleury, Jr. and Dr. James H. French, Jr. I also wanna do excision. has anyone gone to them for that?

has anyone gone to the center for plastic surgery in annandale virginia or chevy chase maryland? im going to a free consultation for fraxel treatments with dr. G. Wesley Price. has anyone had experience with him or any of his co doctors, Dr. Albert F. Fleury, Jr. and Dr. James H. French, Jr. I also wanna do excision. has anyone gone to them for that?

No, never heard of them, but a free consultation is always a good thing.

I just saw Dr. Weiss and it cost a lot for the consult.

My impressions overall were positive. Not sure consult was worth it, but whatever. If you want to go all the way up to northern suburb of Baltimore, Weiss is an option. Otherwise, let us know how these other ones go with Dr Price.