Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yankee boy

Very good Moisturizers sold in local chain stores?

Ive been following the regimen for about a week now, I have mild acne, had an inital whitehead breakout and now its all dried up but throughout the day my skin feels all itchy and on fire, Ive also got these reddish purple spots on my face they are not inflammed or anything my skin is like 80% clear but irritated.

I use the cetaphil gentle cleanser, neutrogena on the spot and Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy on my face.

My face ends up lookling so horribly greasy throughout the day after using that Eucern, I read the ingredients and it said it contained Mineral Oil? I need a moisturizer that is calming and not greasy that will last the whole day. Is there any brand ud recommend thats sold in Walgreens CVS or Wal mart etc?

Thank you for your time all and good luck on those on the regimen

If i ever load my face with BP, i use "Fruit of the Earth" SKin Repair Shea butter. It comes in a big yellow bottle, and is very cheap. I use it only when my face is dry, and it doesnt end up greasy at all. This too contains mineral oil, but i dont find it to be gross on my skin.

Another great one that i just discovered is one that you might not want to use..it's kind of girly..but olay body quench for dry skin is absolutely amazing. It has a hint of light defracting gold that isnt noticble to the naked eye, but it really helps even out skin tone. It might not be suitable if you have severe acne, as it is a "body" lotion. It is definitely not greasy at all, but mositurizes incredibly well.

Finally, Curel: Ultra Healthing (24 hour daily moisturizing lotion for extra-dry skin) w/ Extra Srength Skin Hydraors might be your best bet if you have sensitive skin that needs even a little hydration. It has a satin finish unlike most ex-strength lotions, and it is gentle enough for your face: it won't clog pores, absorbs quickly derm. tested and all that jazz. You can find this stuff in the body lotion sections of any retail store probably. Mad cheap too.

If i ever load my face with BP, i use "Fruit of the Earth" SKin Repair Shea butter. It comes in a big yellow bottle, and is very cheap. I use it only when my face is dry, and it doesnt end up greasy at all. This too contains mineral oil, but i dont find it to be gross on my skin.

Another great one that i just discovered is one that you might not want to use..it's kind of girly..but olay body quench for dry skin is absolutely amazing. It has a hint of light defracting gold that isnt noticble to the naked eye, but it really helps even out skin tone. It might not be suitable if you have severe acne, as it is a "body" lotion. It is definitely not greasy at all, but mositurizes incredibly well.

Finally, Curel: Ultra Healthing (24 hour daily moisturizing lotion for extra-dry skin) w/ Extra Srength Skin Hydraors might be your best bet if you have sensitive skin that needs even a little hydration. It has a satin finish unlike most ex-strength lotions, and it is gentle enough for your face: it won't clog pores, absorbs quickly derm. tested and all that jazz. You can find this stuff in the body lotion sections of any retail store probably. Mad cheap too.

Acidburnkate thank you for actually taking the time to respond i really do apperciate it ill go check those out

Hey man. I've been using Neutrogena Moisture Oil Free Formula for Sensitive Skin http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...x=BUY-GFI-0-MWS

You should be able to find that at any drug store or what not. It absorbs really quickly and instantly gets rid of the dryness and dry flakes. I think it also enhanced my complexion as well. At any rate that is what I started to use and I'll continue doing so.

Also one thing I like to do about 15 minutes after applying the moisturizer is to take a towel and just very gently pat my face with it to get rid of the excess that my skin didn't absorb. Otherwise, to me at least, my face will look a little oily. Just make sure to wash your towel regularly of course.

yankeeboy,

sometimes it takes awhile to get a reply, so try not to get discouraged.

There are many moisturizers you can use, just look for one that is oil-free and says non-comedogenic, and preferably has some spf in it to protect your skin from sunburn.

Neutrogena has a few that fit this bill, so does Cetaphil, and Purpose, and Eucerin, and others of course I can't name them all.

good luck!