Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've noticed that I DEFINITELY have a negative reaction when i get less than 7-8 hours of sleep...

I truly get around 4 hours of sleep a night because i have a socializing problem where i'm always talking to someone lol and I CANT GO TO SLEEP EARLY!!! so does anyone have any suggestions for me?

I've noticed that I DEFINITELY have a negative reaction when i get less than 7-8 hours of sleep...

I truly get around 4 hours of sleep a night because i have a socializing problem where i'm always talking to someone lol and I CANT GO TO SLEEP EARLY!!! so does anyone have any suggestions for me?

I have the same problem. I usually sleep late and wake up early...which I feel like shit in the morning and that is probally why im breaking out but I am trying to get around 8 hours of sleep but I just can't fall asleep before 12. I usually have to wake up at 6-8.

yeah i mean with school (waking up at 6:45) during the week and work (waking up at 8) during the weekend...i truly NEVER get to sleep in..i always tell myself that "ohh i'll just take a long nap when i get home (cuz i get home from school at 1 now)" but i'm not tired anymore lol and there is so much going on that i wouldn't want to waste my night...ughh i dunno

also i found that it's GREAT to change your pillowcase twice a week, or 3 times

sleep on your back too!

A lack of sleep certainly can contribute to acne, it physicall stresses the body.

A few tips:

Don't eat within 3 hours of going to bed or so.

try to develop a set sleep schedule

no physical activity within a few hours of bed

keep your room dark, and get rid of distractions

Yep. you're simply running a bad program, you're in a bad routine.

So what do you need to do? Break it, it's as simple as that.

How do you break a pattern? You interupt it, with whatever you like, change the order in which you do things, make a conscious effort to do stuff differently, i.e don't turn your pc on after 10pm, instead read a book or whatever you want, to interupt the routine.

Before long you'll be running a new pattern, a much more effective one, but you NEED to actively break it and not just 'wish it away'.

Enjoy your new habit ;)

Not eating within two or three hours of sleep has definitely helped me get better sleep and deeper rest. After 9pm, I try to only have water and herbal teas - no food to digest. I think it helps your body do it's natural repair and cleansing a lot better at night. And then you're left to dream away with that lovely REM sleep...