Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
boz

Water splash?

Iam currently using neutrogena on-the-spot bp, clerasil cleanser and cetephil mosterizer but I've noticed that during the day, if water touches any part of my face, it turns white...kinda like a sticky residue. Does anyone else experience this? Like if I get caught rains then my face would be dripping with white stuff.

This means that you probably have not either:

1. let the neutrogena 'absorb' in your skin (lighter touch, more time rubbing in one area)

2. Did not let the moisturizer 'absorb' in your skin (same deal above)

3. Did not wait the 5-15 minutes before applying the BP/Moisturizer (aka did not follow the regimen exactly)

4. Forgot to do some 'clean up.'

I am using the EXACT materials you are, and sometimes the neutrogena will dry up around my face before I have a chance to let it absorb. Just take a tissue and wipe it off and make sure you let the stuff sink into your skin. If that doesn't help, we'll see what else is up.

This means that you probably have not either:

1. let the neutrogena 'absorb' in your skin (lighter touch, more time rubbing in one area)

2. Did not let the moisturizer 'absorb' in your skin (same deal above)

3. Did not wait the 5-15 minutes before applying the BP/Moisturizer (aka did not follow the regimen exactly)

4. Forgot to do some 'clean up.'

I am using the EXACT materials you are, and sometimes the neutrogena will dry up around my face before I have a chance to let it absorb. Just take a tissue and wipe it off and make sure you let the stuff sink into your skin. If that doesn't help, we'll see what else is up.

Yeah I did the regimen pretty closely. Usually I have to clean off the extra mosterizer/bp clumps but it gets very sticky. So if you take a little bit of water and put it on your face..does it turn white? Like the moisterize is still there?

That happens to me too, it's embarassing. I was in the shower with this girl and my face was all looking like it was melting, felt kinda dumb "it's my acne gel...". Also went to the dentist today and some of the shit they use on my teeth spilled onto my face so the chick grabbed some weird ass cloth and wiped it off then my face looked ridiculous.....still better than having zits though, I guess. I'm not really looking forward to summer cause now I"m gonna have to stay out of the sun and avoid sweating, real fuckin nice.

If you just want to avoid it all together, get dan's BP. It's much easier to put on, doesn't have that white effect when water touches your face, its more effective (in my opinion), and much cheaper.

What you guys are describing is like my situation. It seems like the moisturizer is just sitting on top of the skin and not being absorbed....it doesnt make sense