Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EyEvory

Skin getting darker where i use the BP gel?

It seems my skin is getting darker where i use the BP gel. It's clearly visible in normal light, and it doesn't look very good. They're just random tan blotches. What causes this/what do you suggest? I am not out in sunlight very often, at most 30 minutes with my skin exposed to direct sunlight a day.. I've also not seen this before. I excercise mostly at night and have school and do homework during the day. Any ideas? Here are picture of me and exactly what I use. Also, sorry for the unhappy face, exam week is tiring me out haha. Also, I'm shaving tonight, so if it would be easier for you to see it, I can shave and retake photos, though my skin will be redder.

http://www.referralwire.net/exige/misc/IMG_0318.jpg

http://www.referralwire.net/exige/misc/IMG_0320.jpg

Like a year ago, I remember that happening to me too. I just loaded up on moisturizer, and my skin returned to normal. Maybe its dry or something. Sorry I couldn't help much.

THanks for the reply.. do you think maybe it's my moisturizer? i jsut picked up some random Eucerin. Maybe it doesn't react well with BP. What moisturizer did you use? Also, I have oily skin. If I load up on moisturizer, i get EXTREMELY oily haha. It's kind of gross.

I have exactly the same problem mate, Im trying once a day even though it probably isnt a good idea, ill see how it goes.

It's irritation under your skin...you need to LOAD up on your moisterizer..i know i had the same problem...your skin will be red-ish where you apply BP compared to the area's where you don't apply BP.

it's not red it's tan, but i'll try that anyway. do you think my skin is producing melanin (is produced as a reaction to UV) due to possible burns/irritation from the BP?

Sorry it took so long to reply, but I was not using a lot of moisturizer at all for a while until I looked at my face and it looked really tan, almost brown. So I just grabbed any moisturizer that was there, and just loaded it up on my tan spots. It worked out perfectly.

Yeah my skin looks tanned using bp. I think it's quite a nice side effect really. But I try not to go overboard with the bp or I'll look sunburnt, and I use bp on my neck simply to keep it the small colour as my face. Probably all terrible advice!

jim

yes, apply a lot in one go. However, this does make your face shiny during the day, and the real "cure" is loading up at night, allowing your dryness to heal even more while at rest. It works best for me because I just do the BP at night, so I load up then. Just make sure there isn't a visible film, and get rid of excess.

The best thing to do is put on a normal amount, rub it in a bit, wait 5 minutes, and do it again. I do it maybe 2+ times during homework, so I get something done instead of sit around waiting for my face to absorb it. Just a tip for efficiency I guess. Feng Shui.

Anyway, I'm guessing this occurs because your skin overdries in the primary layers where acne develops and the only way to attack it is apply an equal or higher amount of moisturizer in comparison to BP gel. I notice that this "tan" goes away quickly with my Eucerin moisturizer, which contains an alpha hydroxy acid (gycol, etc.).

Good luck, worked for me! :).

Thanks to this regimen, my skin's looking clearer than ever, and it's been about 2.5-3 weeks.

ur skin looks nice dude

BP makes skin dark because they produce free radical which causes skin discoloration. I use Porever Pure at http://www.nexcosm.com. They have products designed specifically for preventing this type of situation. They work on me great, fast, no scar, no discoloration.