Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bryan, I just said that carbs act differently depending on the type that they are...those grouped as fiberous for instance tend to take longer to break down, then on the other hand, some complex carbs act very similar to a simple sugar and raise blood sugar levels quickly.

I don't wish to appear as if I'm persecuting you on this issue, so I'll make what I hope is one final clarification:

Carbs all act pretty much the same with regard to how fast they are absorbed, whether they are "simple" or "complex", "refined" or "unrefined" (fructose is a notable exception: it's absorbed very slowly, despite being a simple sugar...there's a reason for that, which I won't bother to go into). The big difference by far in how fast they are absorbed is determined by WHAT OTHER FOOD ELEMENTS ACCOMPANY THOSE CARBS. If soluble fiber accompanies any kind of carb (simple or complex), then its absorption will be slowed way down. The same goes for fat, and probably protein. The "complexity" of the carb itself has little or nothing to do with it. The claim you made in your original post that complex carbs (in general) take a lot longer to be broken down and absorbed than simple sugars was false and misleading. Carbs are all absorbed at about the same speed, other factors being equal.

Bryan

I researched what this guy is saying and he is right about the carbs at least.

Complex or simple carbs are absorbed the same IF it is low in fiber. High fiber complex carbs slow down absorbtion:

Literature:

http://www.medical-library.net/sites/frame..._nutrition.html

But Bryan, she could be right in saying that "complex carbs are absorbed slower" if she meant the higher fiber variety. She may have just misspoken that claim. Some complex carbs are digested slower.

I had my appointment with a nutrionist about my yeast intolerance, advising me what to and what not to eat.

I have to avoid any stimulant foods drinks eg: Tea (but Red Bush Tea is fine) This is due to all stimulant foods in the body eventually turn to sugar which aggrevates my intolerance.

Cut out alot of sugary foods

As for fruit, apples and pears mainly, no bananas.

Do not take the probiotic drinks, i've been told they are too high in sugar. Take capsule form probiotics only.

Try Pau D'Arco for my stomach

Drink plenty of water

Avoid dried fruits, like the ones that are often in breakfast cereals.

Soda free bread only

This diet is so god damn annoying!

Ok i agree with this!...but i'd say that the probiotic drinks are fine...in "Yakult" there are 6 billion GOOD bacteria...and the sugar ammount in "yakult" is VERY LOW...or else what would be the point in the drink seeing how the hole point of a probiotic drink is to KILL bad bacteria and not feed it.

BTW i'm STILL 100% CLEAR!...apart from red marks that need to fade.

Also i've added x2 25mg which is the equivilent apparently to 1000mg of garlic or something like that...i take x2 a day of these.

So what are some foods that we can eat? Besides the obvisous, what are some snack foods with no sugar and that are low in carbs. Please dont say fruits and vegatables.

Complex or simple carbs are absorbed the same IF it is low in fiber.

Huh?? That statement is misleading. Let's put it this way, which is more precise: Complex or simple carbs are absorbed the same way if they are both LOW in fiber. Complex or simple carbs are absorbed the same way if they are both HIGH in fiber. Here's a table of all the possible permutations:

Simple carbs, low soluble fiber: absorbed RAPIDLY

Complex carbs, low soluble fiber: absorbed RAPIDLY

Simple carbs, high soluble fiber: absorbed SLOWLY

Complex carbs, high soluble fiber: absorbed SLOWLY

See what I'm saying?

But Bryan, she could be right in saying that "complex carbs are absorbed slower" if she meant the higher fiber variety. She may have just misspoken that claim. Some complex carbs are digested slower.

All carbs are absorbed at about the same rate, other factors being equal. OF COURSE complex carbs with high soluble fiber will be absorbed slowly; so will simple carbs! ;) The point I've been patiently trying to make here is that the COMPLEXITY of the carb doesn't have anything to do with it. It's the soluble fiber that's doing the slowing, not the "complexity" of the carb. So forget the freaking "complexity". It's irrelevant.

Bryan

Complex or simple carbs are absorbed the same IF it is low in fiber.

Huh?? That statement is misleading. Let's put it this way, which is more precise: Complex or simple carbs are absorbed the same way if they are both LOW in fiber. Complex or simple carbs are absorbed the same way if they are both HIGH in fiber. Here's a table of all the possible permutations:

Simple carbs, low soluble fiber: absorbed RAPIDLY

Complex carbs, low soluble fiber: absorbed RAPIDLY

Simple carbs, high soluble fiber: absorbed SLOWLY

Complex carbs, high soluble fiber: absorbed SLOWLY

See what I'm saying?

All carbs are absorbed at about the same rate, other factors being equal. OF COURSE complex carbs with high soluble fiber will be absorbed slowly; so will simple carbs! ;) The point I've been patiently trying to make here is that the COMPLEXITY of the carb doesn't have anything to do with it. It's the soluble fiber that's doing the slowing, not the "complexity" of the carb. So forget the freaking "complexity". It's irrelevant.

Bryan

Just as the article I posted says, I agree with you 100%. It has only to do with fiber for absorption purposes only.

As for health, I am pretty sure we all agree that complex carbs are healthier in general than simple.

You guys/gals make this sound more complicated than what it is...just TRY what i'm trying atm and your be clear...i still eat sugar that's in some things...but not much... i also have toast and crisp and what not....

If i thought i had to eat like a rabbit or whatever to stop acne...then i wouldn't.

Hey everyone! I have been struggling with candida for a very long time. I have mild acne, that scars really badly, and I have done extensive research on acne, candida, hormones, all that stuff, trying to find a cure. I started on a very strict Candida diet, and my acne cleared up almost completely. I was taking coconut oil, drinking lemon water, taking oregano oil, all that stuff. But the thing is that I never quite kicked it completely. And I have been on the candida diet for like 4 months now, and my acne had cleared up 95 %. The problem is that I depleted my body so much along the way, that I now have hypothyroid, hypoglycemia, and exhausted adrenals. Which are all related to candida as well, but I just really depleted my body of the things it needed. But now I'm on the right track. I am a Nature's Sunshine associate. This company sells only the purest ingredients in things. Now I am on a parasite cleanse, and I the yeast is surfacing on my skin in little patches. I am also doing a fungal detox, as well as taking probiotics, all from nature's sunshine, and things have never been better. I can now eat fruit and everything that I was avoiding. I still take my coconut oil because that is sooo healthy for you. I make sure I get my EfA's every day, and i drink tons of water and alkalizing drinks like chlorophyll and lemon water. If you go on the parasite cleanse and all that it will make you break out at first, because your body is eliminating, but that only lasts for a week or two, and then you start to clear up, and you feel great. YOu guys can check out the website at naturessunshine.com, or if you have any questions just pm me. I really wish you all luck with this. God has put some wonderful things on this earth with which we can heal. So check it out, or give me a message!

Hey everyone! I have been struggling with candida for a very long time. I have mild acne, that scars really badly, and I have done extensive research on acne, candida, hormones, all that stuff, trying to find a cure. I started on a very strict Candida diet, and my acne cleared up almost completely. I was taking coconut oil, drinking lemon water, taking oregano oil, all that stuff. But the thing is that I never quite kicked it completely. And I have been on the candida diet for like 4 months now, and my acne had cleared up 95 %. The problem is that I depleted my body so much along the way, that I now have hypothyroid, hypoglycemia, and exhausted adrenals. Which are all related to candida as well, but I just really depleted my body of the things it needed. But now I'm on the right track. I am a Nature's Sunshine associate. This company sells only the purest ingredients in things. Now I am on a parasite cleanse, and I the yeast is surfacing on my skin in little patches. I am also doing a fungal detox, as well as taking probiotics, all from nature's sunshine, and things have never been better. I can now eat fruit and everything that I was avoiding. I still take my coconut oil because that is sooo healthy for you. I make sure I get my EfA's every day, and i drink tons of water and alkalizing drinks like chlorophyll and lemon water. If you go on the parasite cleanse and all that it will make you break out at first, because your body is eliminating, but that only lasts for a week or two, and then you start to clear up, and you feel great. YOu guys can check out the website at naturessunshine.com, or if you have any questions just pm me. I really wish you all luck with this. God has put some wonderful things on this earth with which we can heal. So check it out, or give me a message!

I would rather you tell us what was in what you were taking instead of pushing products of a company that you work for. Although you probably are telling the truth you must realize we are thinking, "she got clear using products from a company she works for..." I guess every employee would say something to add to their sales if they were dishonest. Since we have no way to know if you are truthful it is hard to buy from that company now.

I would rather you tell us what was in what you were taking instead of pushing products of a company that you work for. Although you probably are telling the truth you must realize we are thinking, "she got clear using products from a company she works for..." I guess every employee would say something to add to their sales if they were dishonest. Since we have no way to know if you are truthful it is hard to buy from that company now.

Plus, going to the site I saw that the prices are not competitive. I could buy all the products with similar ingredients for 2/3 the price.

Yes thank you for your replies. I wanted to be really careful about how I said what I said and how I promoted it. It's just that I really have a desire to help people who suffer with this. I have been through hell and back these past months, avoiding my friends, even quitting jobs, and pushing my family away because of acne. And now I've realized what I've been doing, and just how much pain I have been in. I really don't think that people realize the damage acne does to people emotionally. But anyways ya, I don't really work for this company, I just sell to friends and family as a small business. But it's not the only thing that works for sure, its just the best out of everything I've tried, so I just wanted to put it out there. The same as saying, buy the omega extra virgin coconut oil from any healthfood store which I highly recommend! But anyways keep talking, because a lot of people brush candida off as something that every naturopath diagnoses and blah blah. But I'm seeing the truth to it more and more. Good luck everyone.

Still enjoying clear skin myself, with the ODD break-out cause i do STILL drink ALOT of alcohol and i STILL have sugar...but not alot...so the odd break-out isn't any surprize to me.

I remain a CONSTANT 95% clear.

You know, before I came to these boards I remained a skeptic about my skin.

Never have I thought about taking out dairy, using B5, supplements, or taking probiotics.

Now 3 months later my skin has improved dramatically...and I still haven't taken the probiotics yet. I use to criticize people on dairy-free and B5, and yes this candida thing. But this site has made me so open-minded about things that I never would have thought about.

I bought an OTC acidophilus (with 4:1 ratio acidophilus:bifidus) and it seems to help my skin a little bit. Each capsule contains .5 billion live cultures, I take 2 a day. I'm waiting for my probiotics by mail.

I noticed that copper seems to slow down my process to getting better skin. My main problem is oilyness and large pores. The large pores have shrunk by about 60%, I can see and feel the difference. The oilyness isn't what I like at the moment, but we'll see what probiotics can do. I eat a low-carb(though I do eat a lot of fiber), vegan diet. It is helping quite a bit right now, along with 6g/day of B5. I don't want to rely on B5, and probiotics is probably better for you long term anyways.

But yeah, I'm very happy I found this site though.

Ok so i haven't posted on this forum in like a year i think, but i'm back as my acne came back shortly after i said farewell.

Anyhow i've done alot of research on "Candida" and am now convinced this has 90% the reason why I, yes ME....have acne aswell as other side effects.

I suffer from mild acne aswell as

Constant Fatigue - - - VERY BAD

Intergestion

Phoriosis - - - - THE MOTHER of all problems....besides acne of course

Ezcema

Also the INABILITY to gain anyweight unless i literally eat ALOT...not small amounts...ALOT

Anyhow of course the problems i have above aren't to do with acne...but they are symptoms of candida overgrowth...aswell as ACNE of course.

So what i propose to try for myself is to eat alot of those Probiotic drinks (Yakult) and yogurts...aswell as drink cramberry juice and also use La Pacho...think that's what it's called.

In the effort i can rebalance my system and stop the candida overgrowth... NO i haven't got thrush or anything...probally it's very bad in my gut/stomach.

Anyhow i, aswell as many other people believe this candida overgrowth to be VERY RESPONSIBLE for ACNE...and i intend to prove this in the comming weeks.

Anyhow good to be back...in the community...not to have acne...as i can't go after the girls with this modern day leprecy atm :(((

A combination of acidophilus and ordorless garlic (taken twice a day) has done wonders on combatting my candidiasis and clearing up my skin.

how do I know if I have Candida?

Well like it say's in this thread mate, if ya spit is stringy after ya spit in water then ya got candida....

An even easier way to find out is this...get some saliva in ya mouth...if it's slimy,thick,or lumpy ya have candida...no need to spit in water.

my spit is like water in my mouth, it's 100% clear of thickness,lumps,gooey....hope you understand what i mean....if i was to spit on the floor it would look like water becuase it's that clear and not thick...it's like water baby.

Rated R

-I weigh 130 lbs.

-Despite weight lifting and working out I can't grow or get any stronger.

-I even consume those weight gaining milkshakes... nothing.

-Obviously, I have acne too.

-Extreme lack of energy.. I often come home from school at 3:45pm and sleep until 11:15am the next day.. kind of ridiculous I know.

I'm seeing my doc tomorrow, I'll ask about the possibility of candida.

K, doc says nobody here has Candida - its a myth brought on by some book in the past.

The symptoms listed here are not accurate; everyone in the world has these symptoms.

Lalalalala

K, doc says nobody here has Candida - its a myth brought on by some book in the past.

The symptoms listed here are not accurate; everyone in the world has these symptoms.

Lalalalala

I disagree. I've been taking antibiotics for over 4 years to try to clear up my acne. They all helped but never cleared it completely. Anyways, it's a known fact that antibiotics are meant to kill bad bacteria, but they also kill the good bacteria. You need to have a balance in order to be healthy, but since antibiotics are killing the good bacteria which are needed to maintain this balance, it's possible to get yeast overgrowth .. tons of women get yeast infections while on antibiotics because of this. Your doctor won't deny that .. my dermatologist even warned that I might get a yeast infection when I started the antibiotics, because it's so common. So who's to say that yeast/candida/other bad bacteria overgrowth can't affect the rest of the body? Of course, this bacteria isn't harmful when it's in normal amounts .. but when it's in excessive amounts, it makes sense that it would have an effect on the body, and therefore the skin. I only started taking probiotics about a week or so ago, so I haven't yet seen much of a change in the condition of my skin, but many people here saw drastic improvement in their acne after starting on probiotics, etc, so it's very possible that the two are related. While the symptoms listed on the previous pages may seem a little excessive, it doesn't mean Candida is entirely a myth. Even for those who haven't taken antibiotics for prolonged periods, it is still possible to have overgrowth of bad bacteria. All I know is, some people on here suspected they had candida and decided to take probiotics and whatnot to get rid of it, and while doing this, their skin condition improved .. so it's worth a shot. ;)

I know, Its just that Candida was purposely made popular in order to sell the products designed to fix it. I'm just trying to say chances are you don't have it - even if you've been on a ton of antibiotics.

I know, Its just that Candida was purposely made popular in order to sell the products designed to fix it. I'm just trying to say chances are you don't have it - even if you've been on a ton of antibiotics.

I won't deny your skepticism. In fact, I admire it. People should always be cautious before jumping the gun on anything. As long as people have problems that they don't want, companies will always try to promote products to fix these problems by creating myths. But candida is a real micro-organism though...but not much scientific study has been done on it to see if it is related with acne.

But I have taken a couple of antibiotics before, mainly because of my eczema that some thought was because of a staph infection and such. I've taken maybe 3 courses of antibiotics.

I'm on my 3rd day of probiotics, I can't say I've noticed much of a difference other than a slight pore shrinkage, but we'll see.

-I weigh 130 lbs.

-Despite weight lifting and working out I can't grow or get any stronger.

-I even consume those weight gaining milkshakes... nothing.

-Obviously, I have acne too.

-Extreme lack of energy.. I often come home from school at 3:45pm and sleep until 11:15am the next day.. kind of ridiculous I know.

I'm seeing my doc tomorrow, I'll ask about the possibility of candida.

I'm 100% the same as you here, apart from going to sleep that long.I do come home from work and sleep though and i don't wake up till the next morning.

Looks like your doctor has given you false information....this does happen though, but where candida is concerned...it's not rubbish and your doctor should know better than that.

If you do some research you will find that today's medical knowledge acepts that you can get candida...but doesn't know the full effects of having candida overgrowth apart from the thrush.

Don't listen to your doctor as i am clear evidence against what he say's.

Whats up Ryan,

All I want to know is, did you face to dramatically clear up all of a sudden by just taking pau d' arco and using probiotic drinks? The reason I ask is, for the past month, I have been doing a stack of garlic, caprylic acid, Vit C, zinc, and a probiotic, and my face is almost spotless. I am thinking that this is just to good to be true. Tell me if the results of your regeim have lasted, and whether you think I should add pau d' arco to my stack. This forum has helped me so much. And thank you ryan for starting it.

Another note, I have been washing my face a couple time a week with nizoral shampoo and that has help alot.. Ryan you might want to give this a try, it is pretty mild on the skin....

Another note, I have been washing my face a couple time a week with nizoral shampoo and that has help alot.. Ryan you might want to give this a try, it is pretty mild on the skin....

I hope you realize that there's another scientific rationale for using Nizoral shampoo for acne: its active ingredient (ketoconazole) has been shown to have antiandrogenic properties. I've already suggested to a few people on this site that if they have a lot of oil/sebum production, they could try washing with Nizoral. I can't guarantee that it would help, but it's worth a try...

Bryan

I'm on my 5th day of probiotics, and I've seen maybe a slight decrease in pore size, and slight decrease in oil production. However, the oil on my chin and under my nose is basically gone, or at least the glands there don't produce as much...but I touched it yesterday and today and there was no oil. Normally I can rub with my finger and see the light reflect off the oil, but none. It was pretty amazing, even after 12 hours.

However the oil on my cheeks and forehead are still way above normal than what I would like...even though they have decreased significantly since I went dairy-free and took B5.

Ryan, please check your inbox. But I wonder for those who took probiotics, how long does it take for it to work? Days? Weeks? Months?

Ive been on it for nearly two weeks and it hasnt gotten better, worse I think.

Whenever I eat Yogurt, I breakout. Now I take probiotics, same deal. What the hell man....sometimes I want to take a scalpal and cut off my face.