Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just bought 2 packs of Activia Yogurt by Dannon, which is supposedly proven to help your digestive system within 2 weeks. I know it contains sugar, but I think if I take caprylic acid, garlic, MSM, colloidal silver, echinadrea, & golden seal that it will knock off that 17 g of sugar I'd eat a day, while up to 1 Billion live organisms of this new probiotic, "Bifidus Regularis", can travel deep into the stomach without being eaten away by stomach acid. I'm very hopeful!!

Lots of people are asking questions about probiotics. Let me explain. Also I will explain the pau d'arco.

Priobiotics are friendly bacteria that help kill BAD bacteria in the gut. These are best taken on an empty stomach. People have been saying they take drinks like Yakult (which I think is a UK thing) and other priobiotic drinks. This isn't necessary to get probiotics. You can get probiotics in a pill form and they are very cheap. A popular name for probiotics is ACIDOLPHOLIS, I'm not sure if I spelled that correctly so do a google search with that word.

The reason why I would recommend a pill form or even a concentrated liquid form is because if you buy drinks, which is what people are talking about, you must be paying over 1 dollar per drink. Can you imagine?! If you have 4 drinks a day, that is 4 dollars maybe 6 or 7 a day. That is between 120 and 200 dollars a month! You could buy a similar amount of probiotics in pill form for about 20 bucks or less. Why buy the drinks when they cost 6 to 10 times more!

I prefer to buy supplements from allstarhealth.com because shipping is only 5 bucks and they tend to have the cheapest prices on the web. Do your own research on where you like to buy. allstarhealth.com tends to have all the products that I need but they may not have super specialized herbal items.

I buy my pau d'arco from allstarhealth.com and also everything else. Probiotics, I think it would be best to buy a bottle of probiotics from a health food store (these are stores like wild oats or whole foods) rather than a pill. I just have a feeling that taking the liquid form would be better but it wouldn't be bad at all to take the pill form. Find a specialty health food store to buy the probiotic from (ask a customer service person, they will show you where the probiotics are).

As for pau d'arco. I just started taking it and I've heard it has excellent results. I haven't tested that for myself but I am taking 2 grams a day. I've read research online and I guess it is good for healing many things. It can be pill form or liquid dropper form. I think pill form is better as it costs less and gives you more.

I just did a liver flush and it made me really sick. That is an interesting practice. I am not sure but I think I have a gallstone lodged in me somewhere. Don't let that discourage you though, I have read and understand that Liver flushes and colon cleanses do more good for the skin than anything. Check out curezone.com

The nice thing about a liver flush is that it really only costs about 10 bucks to do, but it can make you sick. It made me sick because I tried the extreme advanced flush on my first flush. Not too wise.

DON'T WASTE MONEY ON EXPENSIVE SHIT.

To kill candida here is what you need

1. cut out sugar. (anything that has sugar in it don't eat. of course you will have to eat some sugar but cut out all you can. Especially white breads and white flour, this includes tortilla and white bread. Then of course all fruit drinks, soda, cookies, cake, candy, NOTHING that tastes sweet. our diets are so loaded with carbs that if you eat any of that stuff you will be sugar infested.

2. Take the right supplements.

Here is a good stack that I have learned from research. Plus this stack isn't very expensive.

1. Coconut oil (2 tablespoons a day) 10 bucks a month

2. Pau d'Arco (1-3 grams a day) this is like 5-10 bucks a month if purchased online (allstarhealth.com)

3. Garlic (2 pills a day, I forget the mg) less than 3 bucks a month

4. Probiotic (take the suggested maximum on the bottle) can be less than 5 bucks a month.

That is it. A very powerful stack that is about 25$ a month.

I also like the colonix program by dr. natura which is a colon cleanse. This costs between 50-75$ a month. I wouldn't recommend it if you are in a bind for cash. yet I think it is great. If you want to make your own program just take a fiber supplement, an anti parasite type pill or stack, and senna tea (I believe that is what the tea is, it causes mild bowel contractions). Again, don't use your money on this if you don't have much because it could be spent better. I think having a fast and powerful digestive system is essential to clear skin. you can build your own colon cleanse by researching the products ingredients and finding cheaper places to buy each item separately. I think allstarhealth.com is the best for this and the shipping is always 4.95. I have found people that charge 8 dollars for shipping or even increase shipping as your order size increases. Allstar is always 4.95, even if your order weighs a ton.

omg I love u soooo much

very detailed!!!

But I still dont get the pau D'aro part...

coz on the allstarhealth..those bottle doesnt say how many mg it contains per pill O_O

so 3 grams is equal to...?

:wub: :wub:

does anyone know if there's any way to prevent candida if you must be on bcps or antibiotics or anything like that?

just probiotics and antifungals i would guess?

could someone please message me if they know

This is a big thread and im abit lazy to read through it and see how many people had success, so i was wondering did pau d'arco help many people?

how is the eczema be related at all to candida? just your system being out of whack in general and excess inflammation?

reduce sugar intake and try any antifungal for 2-3 months. alternating betw diff anti-fungals every week or so.

while doing so try custom probiotics. [very important]

after 2-3 months on anti fungal. stop. and continue taking custom probiotics. after several more months, symptoms of candida should be more or less reduced significantly. dont eat too much starchy or carbohydrate rich junk food. try spirullina and chlorella to improve health too.

Has anyone ever taken Diflucan (oral anti-fungal) to treat yeast on your skin? My derm prescribed me to take 200mg on Mon, Wed and Fri for three weeks and I am scared to start it. I have been dealng with an acne looking rash on my chest, back, neck and cheeks since August. It itches so bad and the hot shower makes it worse. The derm said he wasn't sure that it is a yeast overgrowth but if it is the med will help and if its not it won't hurt anything. It's a total of 9 pills.

If anyone has ever taken this, please respond. I would like to know if it helped, how long and what strength you took. I can't seem to find anything on here about it so I am guessing this is an option that not many have tried.

Any responses and opinions are greatly appreciated

You guys, coconut oil is amazing! I started taking it a couple of days ago, and even though it was finals week my skin got better and looks better now then it had before. It gave me a "glow" and it made my my skin nice and smooth and a lot of the inflamed ones went away...also it seems to be doing very well for my chronically chapped lips.

Alright I took the spit test for Candida, and my spit floats like the bubbly part. But there are chunks for like clearish gray that sink down, but I think it's just like denser saliva because I breathe through my mouth.

I'm starting to think I have it because I've had a mild case of athletes foot for years and I just recently got diagnosed with asthma.

hey everyone, i've read most of the stuff on this post while looking for information on how to cure candida. i'd been doing a diet for a couple days before i found this post. you all have some great information. so i thought i would ask a question, i'm trying to cure the acne on my back, chest and occasionally face. and i have done the candida spit test, my spit had the things hanging off of it. i was just wondering how the diet affected your energy levels? i am 19 and trying to play college basketball next year, so i do workouts a few times a day. will i have enough energy to keep my workouts up? or should i just take a few weeks off. or just try it and see? thanks

those of you who are taking yogurt for probiotics to kill the yeast... i recommend you stop...probiotics are good of course, but dairy is a nono. take a good probiotic supplmiment and a natural yeast killer like black almond husk. avoid foods such as dairy, sugar, citrus and wheat

iS candida a fungal infection?? have you tried that stuff from the doctor... Nystatin??? It kills fungal infections. Apparently its good for acne! How about parasite cleanses and stuff, you looked into those? maybe a bit far fetched but try the nystatin for sure :)

I'm 16 (almost 17) and all that bullshit I hear about hormonal imbalances being the cause of acne in teens is nothing but rubbish. I don't see how my body would purposely open itself up to infections like this. I've been taking B6 supplements, and eating a lot of yogurt in the last few days and my acne seems to be getting a little better.

Some Symptoms that I have are:

Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Acne (well duh...)

Depression

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

And I've lost quite a bit of weight. I currently weigh about 114 pounds and I'm 5'8". My BMI is a little too low...

P.S Any other Canadians on here?

Canada Rules eh!

I'm 16 (almost 17) and all that bullshit I hear about hormonal imbalances being the cause of acne in teens is nothing but rubbish. I don't see how my body would purposely open itself up to infections like this. I've been taking B6 supplements, and eating a lot of yogurt in the last few days and my acne seems to be getting a little better.

Acne (well duh...)

Depression

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

And I've lost quite a bit of weight. I currently weigh about 114 pounds and I'm 5'8". My BMI is a little too low...

Canada Rules eh!

Actually it is not rubbish as you call it at all, when you hit puberty, your hormonal glands release an excess amount of testosterone and if your organs arent functioning properly from poor diets, consuming drugs and alcohol, then yes that excess of testosterone will definitely cause acne. Ive had hormonal acne for 5 years since i was 14, and now at 19 I have finally found a supplement to control the excess amount of testosterone my body is producing, and that supplement is zinc. Yes, 1 supplement alone has literally cured my acne, if i could go back, I wish i tried it when i was 16 or 17.

Acne (well duh...)

Depression

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Canada Rules eh!

Actually it is not rubbish as you call it at all, when you hit puberty, your hormonal glands release an excess amount of testosterone and if your organs arent functioning properly from poor diets, consuming drugs and alcohol, then yes that excess of testosterone will definitely cause acne. Ive had hormonal acne for 5 years since i was 14, and now at 19 I have finally found a supplement to control the excess amount of testosterone my body is producing, and that supplement is zinc. Yes, 1 supplement alone has literally cured my acne, if i could go back, I wish i tried it when i was 16 or 17.

How long has the supplement been working for you? Not to burst your bubble, but many people who become clear with supplements tend to lose the effects after the third week.

Has anyone taken a product like this before? It has positive recviews on the iherb site so it may be worth having a try.

Acne (well duh...)

Depression

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Canada Rules eh!

How long has the supplement been working for you? Not to burst your bubble, but many people who become clear with supplements tend to lose the effects after the third week.

I have been taking zinc for only 1 week and I am already virtually clear, no new acne, just fading red marks, and those marks used to be a deep red, now they are a faded red. I am going to take zinc for 3 more weeks, and after i will go down to one tablet of 50 mg. I think i should be fine and clear of acne even after my regimen is over.

I just wanted to bump this, because reading through it can definitely help someone going on an anti-Candida diet; I know it's helped me.

Just wanted to add something about the red marks that may be left on people's faces after becoming perfectly smooth from the candida regimen (like me :dance: ). I've been using a 98% aloe vera gel/moisturizer after I wash in the morning and night and it's been wonderful at speeding up the fading of scars and red marks.

cheers to all

mworts

P.S. Sometimes when I lay in bed now and I feel a rumble in my stomach after taking caprylic acid and garlic (die-off) I close my eyes and imagine a Lord of The Rings style battle of massive proportion in my gut. There is mass bloodshed but in the end the home team comes out victorious and my face thanks me for sending in the troops.

I don't think you'll see this, but I wanted to say thanks for giving me that awesome movie in my head.

2 months on the anti-candida diet and cleanse has cleared me immensely, almost 100%. Only a few small white/blackheads and red marks remain. I'm going for 3 months, then I'll make a post with before and after pics.

2 months on the anti-candida diet and cleanse has cleared me immensely, almost 100%. Only a few small white/blackheads and red marks remain. I'm going for 3 months, then I'll make a post with before and after pics.

what id like to know is, if we specifically didnt go on an anti candida diet to rid it etc, wouldnt the human body naturally cure itself of to much candida? surely same goes for leaky gut.