Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kanmi

I have a very expensive and bad habbit..

All I wear on my face is cover girl simply powder. It's a little compact that costs me $6 dollars at Wal Mart. But the thing is .. I buy one of these every other two weeks, or whenever I feel I need a new one. I never even get half way through with one before I throw it away. No matter how many times I shower, wash my face, I never feel clean because of my acne. I wash my face before I apply my make up, it's just .. the dirty feeling never goes away.

Does anybody else have this problem?

Yeah the whole dirty issue was always a problem with me, especially when i brokeout. I honestly don't it will ever go away completely but it will definately decrease over time. just gotta accept yourself, no what i mean jelly bean?

Completely. I'm still trying. I think honestly I can learn to be fine with the way I am but in return .. I would be asking something of others that they believe is "stupid" and "irrational" and "immature".

Guest tenshigirl25

so u throw the makeup away halfway because u think its dirty or feels dirty on your face so u go and buy a new 1? hmmm...personally, i dont think u need makeup but why not use a liquid foundation that u can pat on that comes ou tof a bottle..or even a loose powder that will shake out instead of a compact? i know how wearing makeup can make me feel a bit dirty..i just wanna splash my face with cold water sometimes...but if u feel u need to do this...$6 every few weeks isnt breaking the bank..

the dirty feeling never goes away.

Yes! I used to over wash my face because of this. I thought I wasnet clean if I still had acne. Which lead to horrible scaring.

I cant stay longer then 6 hours without washing my face, school is so hard to get through, when I eat something it feel's like all the food and oil went to my face, and I dont even wear make-up. I have tried it a few times to see how my skin looks clear and it's honestly feel's disgusting, clog's everything up! I dont know how u survive on a hot summer day at school with makeup and sweating from underneath it with pimples breaking out:??

$6 a week isn't much

All I wear on my face is cover girl simply powder. It's a little compact that costs me $6 dollars at Wal Mart. But the thing is .. I buy one of these every other two weeks, or whenever I feel I need a new one. I never even get half way through with one before I throw it away. No matter how many times I shower, wash my face, I never feel clean because of my acne. I wash my face before I apply my make up, it's just .. the dirty feeling never goes away.

I just recently added 3% BHA to my regimen for that exact reason, no matter how I washed or with what, I didn't feel "clean". The BHA gives me that "clean" feeling, it cleans deep down in my pores and gives me that tingly fresh clean feeling, I love it.

so u throw the makeup away halfway because u think its dirty or feels dirty on your face so u go and buy a new 1? hmmm...personally, i dont think u need makeup but why not use a liquid foundation that u can pat on that comes ou tof a bottle..or even a loose powder that will shake out instead of a compact? i know how wearing makeup can make me feel a bit dirty..i just wanna splash my face with cold water sometimes...but if u feel u need to do this...$6 every few weeks isnt breaking the bank..

Oh god trust me manda panda ( :razz: ) I desperately need make up. The redness and uneven skin tone I have is just unbelievable. It just never shows up on cameras. I've never used a liquid foundation because i'm too scared of it clogging my pores, and I did use a loose powder once, but that was also an expensive habbit because I was constantly buying new powder brushes because even after I cleaned them I would still think they were dirty because they touched my face.

But see for me it is, because eventually, it adds up. I also have to buy my face soap, asprin for asprin masks, mint julep mask, I can't live without those three things. And i'm trying to save up for fraxel treatment for my scars. Keep in my mind I am poor, and so is my family.

I think your pretty for what its worth.

Thank you.. :redface:

the dirty feeling never goes away.

Yes! I used to over wash my face because of this. I thought I wasnet clean if I still had acne. Which lead to horrible scaring.

I wash my face 4 times a day normally. But that has actually been helping my skin clear up, and my scars have been s-l-o-w-l-y filling in.

I cant stay longer then 6 hours without washing my face, school is so hard to get through, when I eat something it feel's like all the food and oil went to my face, and I dont even wear make-up. I have tried it a few times to see how my skin looks clear and it's honestly feel's disgusting, clog's everything up! I dont know how u survive on a hot summer day at school with makeup and sweating from underneath it with pimples breaking out:??

$6 a week isn't much

Easy, I don't go to school.

I just recently added 3% BHA to my regimen for that exact reason, no matter how I washed or with what, I didn't feel "clean". The BHA gives me that "clean" feeling, it cleans deep down in my pores and gives me that tingly fresh clean feeling, I love it.

BHA?

1st

How come 6 dollars every two weeks is 'very expensive'?

2nd

Stop being a posh princess ruled by photoshoped pictures in cosmo and other crap magazines.

IM GLAD IM NOT A GIRL..........I DONT KNOW HOW YOU'Z DEAL WITH THIS MAKE UP SHIT.........NOT 2 MENTION A PERIOD EVERY MONTH,AND GIVING BIRTH...........GEEZ....IT MUST SUCK..........

Kanmi, you are beautiful inside and out...i've seen some of the nice things youve written about people (in the short time i've been coming to this site)...tenshigirl, you too, youve posted some inspiring things and great info. FASB, the cotton ball thing was a really good suggestion...I just started using qtips to conceal actually, and it really does help. I too feel dirty, especially midday when ive been wearing the makeup for a few hours....and if i ever spray perfume, hairspray, etc., i feel like my face gets "dirty" from the mist they omit. anyone else ever feel that way?

Kanmi, you are beautiful inside and out...i've seen some of the nice things youve written about people (in the short time i've been coming to this site)...tenshigirl, you too, youve posted some inspiring things and great info. FASB, the cotton ball thing was a really good suggestion...I just started using qtips to conceal actually, and it really does help. I too feel dirty, especially midday when ive been wearing the makeup for a few hours....and if i ever spray perfume, hairspray, etc., i feel like my face gets "dirty" from the mist they omit. anyone else ever feel that way?

Awwwwww, thank youu :wub:

I stopped using perfume actually, if I do use it I only spray it on my clothes or my wrists. And if I have to spray something in my hair, I spray it in while it's wet, then put it in a pony tail and immediately go wash my face.

There is this incredibly beautiful Spanish guy I work with. He used to model in magazines in Mexico. (Ahhhh he's so sexy) so anyways, he came up to me today and pinched my cheeks and I my heart dropped in my chest. I kept my feelings inside though, praying to god it wouldn't be a busy day so they would let me off work quicker so I could go home and wash my face.

I dropped out. I can't go to school, because I can't go out in public.

I really felt that way, but I knew I'd regret it.

As for being "dirty," I only feel this way when my skin is really oily. Somehow, whatever I'm doing is controlling the oil. I remember going in the bathroom every couple of hours at school, tissuing grease off my face, fixing my hair to cover zits, and putting on tons of powder to have a shot at keeping the grease at bay until I could make it back to the bathroom. I was a wreck! If your skin is really oily, try not to wash it so much because it really does mean you'll have oilier skin in the end. As for $6, that really is nothing in comparison to the drastic measures some people (like myself, poverty stricken) have taken.

Kanmi I have been following your posts for some time and I must say you are pretty even with a few scars and the little acne that you have. Its nothing really, but YOU dont feel that way and thats whats most important..

I hate to get personal but have you ever seen a psychologist for your obessive thoughts about your apperance.. When you quit school, cant go out in public you really have a MENTAL problem which could probaly be minimized with seeing a psychologist and or being on medication. You might already be I dont know, but just give it some thought..

At one point I felt that way.. I started getting acne my first year of college.. I did horrible (for my standards) my first year of college.. It was hard for me to even go to class, I was soo paranoid everyone was looking at me.. Actually one week I was so depressed I didnt go to work or school for a whole week and didnt even leave my apartment just because I had acne.. and it wasnt even that bad! Now that I think about it I was going WACKO!

I still have problems going out in public, but I force myself to go to work and force myself to go to school because I don't want to be weak, I want to be a strong individual and I want to be happy and sucessfull in life..

If you ever wanna talk about anything you can message me on aim... peace

kanmi - where do you work?

On the Border, the mexican resturaunt.

I love that restaurant. :D Anyway kanmi, you really shouldn't feel the way you feel..if you only knew how pretty you are and how lucky you are that your skin isn't worse. i have seen BEAUTIFUL girls at school with much much worse skin than you in my school. as a matter of fact, like the guy that started this topic said (4got his name) if u look around school mostly everyone has some form of acne..so you're not the only one.. :)