Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
guinevere

Itchiness on the Acne Cure Program ~ [color=red]HELP![/color

I just started Dr. Dubrow's Acne cure method two days ago. I had been using Dan's regemin exclusively for 2 months. I got great results with it, but I still had some clogged pores on my nose & chin. They were not really pimples, but more like blackheads (without being super black and gross). For instance, if I squeezed my nose, stuff would come out of the pores. Well, being that I am 35 (and getting wrinkles) and needed to get rid of the clogged pores, I thought SA & GA sounded great. The only problem is that...MY CHIN IS ITCHING ENOUGH TO DRIVE ME BATTY!

Is this mnormal? Will it go away?

Here's what I am using:

Neutrogena Oil free Acne Cleanser (pump variety)

Neutrogena On the Spot 2.5% BP

Ponds Age Defying Lotion with 8% GA

I didn't itch during the program.

Here's what I used...

Nuetrogena Oil free cleansers (Cream)

Proactive's repairing lotion 2.5% BP

Alpha Hydrox 10% Glycolic acid

Proactive's oil-free moisturizer.

I didn't itch at all!!

If it is that irratating, I would stop and see a doctor. If you've never used GA or SA before, you could be allergic. Or you should cut back to smaller doses until you get use to it. I've only been on it a week, but no time at all did I feel like that.

I know that a lot of other programs that worked for my friends, did horrible things to me. Maybe this is'nt the answer for you?

All the other people I know that used the Acne Cure had glowing results and no irratation like that. Please stop and see a doctor. It is probally an allergy.

Keep us updated!!!

I have used SA & GA products in the past (Mary Kay stuff to be exact) and I did not feel this way. I forgot to mention that I used the Queen Helene mint julep masque on Friday. Do you think that could be it?

Even though my skin itches around the chin, it looks great. No break-outs - no redness. Only the area around my chin itches. Maybe I left the SA cleanser on too long before rinsing. It was on for like 10 minutes. you know how it is when you have kids! you start to do something & get sidetracked by thier wants & needs. Aaaaah! The saga of a mom!

hmmm, no itching for me either. What exactly is in your lotion? that might be it. No offense but if it GA mixed with a bunch of other things then it might be causing a reaction.

I just use a generic brand of straight AHA (GA) it has those other ingredients that you need to make a lotion. But it doesn't have any dyes, perfumes or oils in it. Check your bottle of lotion and see if this might be it.

Are you doing the routine as Dr. Dubrow suggests? Icing? keeping the BP in the fridge? icing after the BP?

i dont itch either. you should only leave the SA for two minutes it strong stuff... You can alternate the program, GA one day, BP the other. I think he mentions that in his book. Just take it easy with the stuff it works.

In a post you made just last night on another thread, you said that the Acne Cure was exactly the same as Dans Regimen. This tells me your not doing something right. Because really these two regimens are pretty different.

What exactly are you doing.

Hi- I'm fairly new here but have been on Dan's regimen for about 2 weeks and have been very pleased. One of the reasons I tried the BP was because I became allergic to glycolic acid. I started itching then broke out in a poison ivy type rash on my chin. What I was wondering, has anyone tried chilling the BP on Dan's regimen? I have the remains of some cysts on my chin and I thought maybe I could incorporate some of the acne cure with the regimen. :-k

"In a post you made just last night on another thread, you said that the Acne Cure was exactly the same as Dans Regimen. This tells me your not doing something right. Because really these two regimens are pretty different. "

NO(*,)

So, tell me, how am I wrong in saying the idea is basically the same if 2 out of the 3 active ingredients used in both routines are the same?

AND.... BTW, I can read, and I do Dr. Dubrow's method exactly as he says to do it.