Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LisaAnnB

Responses to the Acne Cure post I made

Wow, I went away for a weekend and I came back to all these questions. I'll do my best to answer them, if you have any more, please let me know.

DancingStar: I know just how you feel. I've spent THOUSANDS of dollars in the last seven years on numerous different treatment. I know it gets tiring. Please keep trying though! There is a cure for your skin out there, you just have to keep looking. Also, the Acne Cure only cost me $20 at Walmart for all the stuff. I got the book for $17.

NiceGuy: Yes, I actually did Dans Regimen for about two months. It was just BP overload. No matter how much moisturizer I used, or how little the BP percentage, my face was ALWAYS discolored and irratated. I gave up on it and looked for something new.

Cubos: Your funny. This is a board about ACNE. The reason people are here is to find a CURE for their acne (which is classified as a skin disease). I only wish that someone would have told me about this a LONG time ago. I'm just trying to help other people that were in my condition. If you don't like this regimen, DON'T DO IT. But don't scoff at me for trying to help others.

By the way, have you found a cure for your acne yet?

Harp:

A lot of you are asking about what EXACT products I use. So here they are:

SA= Oil-Free Acne Wash by Neutrogena in the pump (not the bar or the foam)

GA= Neutrogena Healthy Skin face lotion

BP= On-The-Spot acne treatment from neutrogena (vanishing formula; you have to keep this product in the fridge)

Ice= I don't use Ice, I use gel packs and keep them in the fridge. You can find them in the beauty/spa section at walmart. You know, they look like a little mask you wear over your eyes. I have three to cover my whole face.

QueensDog: Yes, Neutrogena Healthy skin is a lotion. But in this method, you don't leave GA on all day, just two minutes. You get all the wonderful affects with none of the irratation. Also, I've only been on this one week, so the effect it has on redmarks I can't confirm. I can say mine are becoming less noticeable. I'll keep you updated as I go, K?

UncleBuck: Dan? To be honest, I think Dan is a smart guy. I think his regimen probally works for a lot of people. And you have to respect someone who would set up a whole message board so people could help each other with this problem. But Dan isn't a doctor. The guy who wrote the Acne Cure is. After all, the Acne Cure isn't all that different from what Dan does. It only has one other ingredient (the GA). The point of it is, it isn't just the products, it's how you apply them. Dan surely doesn't dispute the products, he uses them in his regimen.

Unforgiven: This is a response to your maintenance remark. The Acne Cure calls for you to do it's regimen for six weeks straight (every night). Maintenance means you only have to do it two or three times a week to keep it up. If you start it, and it starts working for you, why don't you try and find the book (our library now carries it!!!). It has tons and tons of useful info!

Hope to hear from you all soon! Has anyone else recently started the Acne Cure?

I do!!! BP is awsome at zapping zits, but pretty harsh on your skin. Just make sure it is oil-free K? My absolute favorite is Ceraphil Moisturizing cream for Dry, Sensitive skin. It is fragrance free and non-comedogenic. It is really awsome stuff.

LisaAnnB,

I'm glad to hear that the program worked for you!!!! I've posted on the board before that the "Acne Cure Program" has worked wonders for me. I will going on 8 weeks using this program. My acne totally cleared by week 4 and I haven't had a breakout since.

If anyone wants to try the regimen but doesn't want to invest in buying the book, I will be more than happy to summarize the program.

You should go back and read my first post "Wow, the Acne Cure is a Miracle". It has the whole thing in there.

But for recap: At night, BEFORE you put the BP on, you run ice over your face and hands. This cools down the temp of your face and hands (obviously). Then you put the chilled BP on. Then you put the ice packs on your face and let it sit ten minutes. It really makes the BP work super well. Like I said, I don't use ice packs, I use gel packs that I keep in the fridge. Much less messy.

Waterbeel!!!

You know, you are the second or third other person on this board that has said that! I'm so happy for you! I just can't believe how great this program works!

How did you find out about it?

You should go back and read my first post "Wow, the Acne Cure is a Miracle".  It has the whole thing in there.

But for recap: At night, BEFORE you put the BP on, you run ice over your face and hands.  This cools down the temp of your face and hands (obviously).  Then you put the chilled BP on.  Then you put the ice packs on your face and let it sit ten minutes.  It really makes the BP work super well.  Like I said, I don't use ice packs, I use gel packs that I keep in the fridge.  Much less messy.

Thankyou for that, i was curious. What about the morning though?

THIS IS THE TIRD RTIME I ASK THIS qUESTION AND GET NO ANSWER!!

THE HECK IS GOIN' ON?!!

DOES THIS STUFF WORK FOR SCARS OR JUST ACTIVE ACNE???

DAAMN THAT'S REDICULOUS.

sorry!

AsIkY88,

I thought I tried to answer your question earlier but I maybe my response wasnt clear enough, sorry....anyways

Yes, the program can work for scars. The book does deal with acne scars (hyperpigmentation) and methods you can use to help get rid of them.

hope this helped

when I read the book, he said the maitence program was just using a getnle cleasener, and then sometimes using a wash with glycolic acid in it. He then went on to say that you should use a cream that contains ester C, alpha lipioc acid, and torotenials at night. If you break out then go back on the cure for a couple of days. He said you really wont break out, but if you do go on the cure. And he said you could do the cure prior to a big event like a wedding so to make sure you wont break out on the day of. All the creams at night are just supposed to keep youre skin healthy and youthful, afterall he is a plastic surgeon. oh yeah he said if you could get a scipt for Retin-A to apply that once a week...And of course to moisturize with an SPF 15

I still have scars from my terrible outbreak 8 weeks ago, but they're slowly fading.  

The program just got rid of my active acne in about 3-4 weeks

Sorry, I saw waterbee answered you. The scars will fade with time after your acne has gone away.