Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fighter05

I have decided to just sit down and let the days pass by!

We've seen or experienced amazing medical advances in the last 100 years. Heart transplants,brain transplant,s sex change operations, boobs enhancements, etc, etc, etc. But why is the scarring treatment field left so behind. I think we have pretty much the same procedures and options people had 100 or even thousands of years ago. The only difference is that we have more BS. I've been doing some research and I learned that Dermabrassion, chemical peels, facial burning technics, collagen injection, etc, all of these procedures were practiced by some cultures (egyptian, mayas, tejorahas, shuaraz, just to name a few) hundreds or even thousands of years ago. They were performed in a different way and maybe they were as ineffective as they are today. So there is nothing new. I don't know, I have just decided to sit down and wait. If I don't come to the mountain, the damn mountain has to come to me.

[attachmentid=3286]

post-26392-1138209418_thumb.jpg

post-26392-1138209418_thumb.jpg

Alot of what you say is true but there are some advances. Lasers being one of them but I seriously don't trust most of them and they are obviously some form of facial burning as you mentioned. I think the short term development possibility would be some ideal filler that can be added or subtracted along with some fraxel like laser to correct texture problems. In the long term they might be able to figure out something with stem cell technology but that might be out 30+ years. The nice thing about technology is it advances at an exponential rate but scarring can also be a big brick wall.

Also in the future they might be able to minimize acne scarring by genetically engineering humans to have better skin properties and immune systems.

brain transplants?

I'm not going to abuse you like I normally do. Seriously fighter, just reading this post, you need therapy to get your head straight. Go see someone.

I don't know, I have just decided to sit down and wait. If I don't come to the mountain, the damn mountain has to come to me.

I would think that the fraxel is the closest thing when it comes to scar improvement. Fighter05, there are probably treatments that could literally removes scars but most likely the FDA is still pending approval. FDA approval is the biggest obstacle new medial drugs/equipment encounter.

things are so advanced to get improvement. lasers, fillers, peels, fraxel. i'm not sure how serious your scars are, but its like weighing 300lbs and you go down to 200lbs. thats a big deal. yeah you're not 165 and ripped with a six pack, but come on there's something you can do to improve your skin that wasnt there 5-10 years ago. to me, thats progress and i'm excited about it.

Oops, I meant corneas transplants. But I bet brain transplants will be performed sooner than effective scarring procedures.

brain transplants?

I'm not going to abuse you like I normally do. Seriously fighter, just reading this post, you need therapy to get your head straight. Go see someone.

I don't know, I have just decided to sit down and wait. If I don't come to the mountain, the damn mountain has to come to me.

If that means we don't have to listen to this drivvle, then so be it.

Nope, that means that you should be more realistic and stop fantasizing,misleading and promoting useless and risky procedures.

Fighter05, there are probably treatments that could literally removes scars but most likely the FDA is still pending approval. FDA approval is the biggest obstacle new medial drugs/equipment encounter.

I totally agree with you. The FDA along with the FTC represent a big obstacle. I don't know if they protect the consumer's interest or mega companie's interest. But I've read that these two entities are the world's most corrupt entities and biggest burocracies.

If by when you say "sit down and wait" you mean put your life on hold............. your mind and your happiness is definitely something you can work on in the mean time! I've been thinking a lot about repeated patterns of thinking... hopelessness, stress, and anger about the condition of our skin. Those ways of thinking leave imprints on our brain so that if we ever even do get our skin to an "acceptable" state that thinking is so ingrained in us that we still think according to the same patterns.

I tell myself that I'm going to try certain things, tca cross, jessner's peel, but in the mean time I am also working on trying to be happy and to spend the time I have doing things that make me as happy as I can be. I really believe it's true that if we work on trying to obtain happiness and really try to not obsess about our skin, we can keep our minds "less scarred" and will be that much easier to be happy whenever our skin does improve!

Let's work on the scarring in our minds just as much as the scarring on our skin. :)

If by when you say "sit down and wait" you mean put your life on hold............. your mind and your happiness is definitely something you can work on in the mean time! I've been thinking a lot about repeated patterns of thinking... hopelessness, stress, and anger about the condition of our skin. Those ways of thinking leave imprints on our brain so that if we ever even do get our skin to an "acceptable" state that thinking is so ingrained in us that we still think according to the same patterns.

I tell myself that I'm going to try certain things, tca cross, jessner's peel, but in the mean time I am also working on trying to be happy and to spend the time I have doing things that make me as happy as I can be. I really believe it's true that if we work on trying to obtain happiness and really try to not obsess about our skin, we can keep our minds "less scarred" and will be that much easier to be happy whenever our skin does improve!

Let's work on the scarring in our minds just as much as the scarring on our skin. :)

good one!

fighter05 I totally understand that the fact that scars cannot be repaired completely is VERY FRUSTRATING, because I feel the exact same way.

The fact that acne can give permanent damage is so so difficult to handle - and I don't know how to do it.

The only option is to try to refrain from thinking about it.

Regarding advances in treatment

I cannot say whether the Scenar works (he sent it A WEEK! ago from Russia and it is still under way), but I truly believe it does have potential. Think about it: If you could tell your brain that the scars are NOT finished healing the brain would start to heal it again. If you kept doing that over and over again, eventually the scars would disappear and holes in the skin would fill up.

The C-fibres, which compromise 85% of all nerves in the body, react most readily to the electro-stimulation and are responsible for the production of neuropeptides and other regulatory peptides.