Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
am6erlight

After 15 years of hell, i finally found a cure

i used to come to this site about a year ago. i had cystic acne and it had been going on since i was 15. im now 30. i was very depressed and almost suicidal and id sit here reading everyones messages because it gave me some comfort that other people were going through what i was going through.

anyway over the course of at least 10 years i have been on every single drug and every single cream and system imaginable. nothing was working and i was becoming quite sick from all the drugs.

i have SERIOUSLY found a system that has kept me clear now since august 2005. which is something i have NEVER experienced.

i was thinking about this site and i wondered how many people actually come back and TELL people how they cured their acne??? you only really come here when you feel like sh*t right?

i thought i'd come back and just tell you this, i doubt i will be here again.

after a zillion dermatologists doing nothing for me i went to a cosmetic medicine clinic. anyway no i didnt have anything evasive done. the doctor just gave me 3 creams and said - youre going to break out but if you persevere you will get through this.

i was so scared about having a worse break out that i didnt try it for 6 months. then finally i tried it.

this is what she gave me.

Stieva-A (vitamin a cream - half strength at first) plus hydroquinone (bleaching agent) to put on at night

8% glycolic acid cream called Smooth Skin for the morning

thats it.

yes my face peeled and was horrible for at least 3 months but i was determined to stick it out and i now have perfectly clear skin.

in the past i had tried Retin-A and thought it was useless but i never really stuck to it. Stieva-A is probably similar. but you have to stick to the routine and never break it. its really important to slough away the dead skin cells so that your body can remove anything thats trapped in your pores easily. its when dead cells get trapped that pimples and cysts arrive. they have normally been forming for about 4 weeks so which is why you get the initial break out.

i urge anyone who is in emotional agony to go to a place like Bioscor (no this isnt an Ad) and ask for this treatment, try it for 6 months (what else were you going to try anyway, stuff that makes you feel sick and dries your face up and does nothing)

my life has completely changed because i can actually look people in the eye again.

take care everyone.

M

Guest tenshigirl25

i took accutane...worked just as good...

yes i know a lot of people who have taken accutane and its worked BUT it can be quite harmful to your body. what im suggesting is a cream that works like accutane without all the harmful effects of taking pills.

Guest tenshigirl25

yes i know a lot of people who have taken accutane and its worked BUT it can be quite harmful to your body. what im suggesting is a cream that works like accutane without all the harmful effects of taking pills.

yeah, maybe ill try that post accutane when my treatment finishes...for me, acutane hasnt been that bad...just dryness but nothing over bearable.. for me it was mainly hormonal too...so im taking diane 35 with it..i think working from within helps me more then topicals.

yeah, maybe ill try that post accutane when my treatment finishes...for me, acutane hasnt been that bad...just dryness but nothing over bearable.. for me it was mainly hormonal too...so im taking diane 35 with it..i think working from within helps me more then topicals.

I agree. Besides that, my skin is so overly sensitive topicals make my face fall off.

i used to come to this site about a year ago. i had cystic acne and it had been going on since i was 15. im now 30. i was very depressed and almost suicidal and id sit here reading everyones messages because it gave me some comfort that other people were going through what i was going through.

anyway over the course of at least 10 years i have been on every single drug and every single cream and system imaginable. nothing was working and i was becoming quite sick from all the drugs.

i have SERIOUSLY found a system that has kept me clear now since august 2005. which is something i have NEVER experienced.

i was thinking about this site and i wondered how many people actually come back and TELL people how they cured their acne??? you only really come here when you feel like sh*t right?

i thought i'd come back and just tell you this, i doubt i will be here again.

after a zillion dermatologists doing nothing for me i went to a cosmetic medicine clinic. anyway no i didnt have anything evasive done. the doctor just gave me 3 creams and said - youre going to break out but if you persevere you will get through this.

i was so scared about having a worse break out that i didnt try it for 6 months. then finally i tried it.

this is what she gave me.

Stieva-A (vitamin a cream - half strength at first) plus hydroquinone (bleaching agent) to put on at night

8% glycolic acid cream called Smooth Skin for the morning

thats it.

yes my face peeled and was horrible for at least 3 months but i was determined to stick it out and i now have perfectly clear skin.

in the past i had tried Retin-A and thought it was useless but i never really stuck to it. Stieva-A is probably similar. but you have to stick to the routine and never break it. its really important to slough away the dead skin cells so that your body can remove anything thats trapped in your pores easily. its when dead cells get trapped that pimples and cysts arrive. they have normally been forming for about 4 weeks so which is why you get the initial break out.

i urge anyone who is in emotional agony to go to a place like Bioscor (no this isnt an Ad) and ask for this treatment, try it for 6 months (what else were you going to try anyway, stuff that makes you feel sick and dries your face up and does nothing)

my life has completely changed because i can actually look people in the eye again.

take care everyone.

M

What cleanser do you use and do you use a sunscreen?

yes you have to use sunscreen everyday because you burn very easily.. i use a light one given to me by the cosmetic doctor so it doesnt feel gluggy under makeup

cetaphil as a cleanser, very very mild..

these creams are not harsh, they dry you out a little bit but nothing like BP etc.. its just vitamin A cream and a glycolic in the morning, i know it sounds like nothing but believe me after ten years of cysts and emotional agony i would not kid you!

i tried working from the inside as well, heaps of pills and diets etc etc and THE pill) but this way has been more effective for me.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

I'm going to use light therapy and hopefully get these results without any dryness. I'm glad that you persevered and found your cure though, it must be a very liberating time in your life! :D