Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can somebody recommend me a good at home peel that i can buy locally(strongets one)? I am looking at glycotic peels.

So like wlamart, target, anything like that.

Can somebody recommend me a good at home peel that i can buy locally(strongets one)? I am looking at glycotic peels.

Go to www.makeupalley.com and under products you can search keywords, so type in "peel" or "gycolic peel" and see which one has the best rating and read reviews. Also, if you sign in you can go under the boards and type in a search for it and see what people have said. I love the site and use it constantly in picking new products.

I used a lactic acid one last year that seemed to work quite well. Got it from Loganwood Skincare.. the guy there's pretty helpful if you email him.

Just a word of warning: if you get one, don't leave it on too long! I once ended up looking a bit like that Batman villain. Thankfully it healed pretty quickly though :angel:

The stongest (home) peel that I know of is a TCA peel, I am currently doing one myself. Not sure where to get it offline but I bought mine at MUAC and it was fairly cheap too (for a sample that will give you 3-5 peels).

The stongest (home) peel that I know of is a TCA peel, I am currently doing one myself. Not sure where to get it offline but I bought mine at MUAC and it was fairly cheap too (for a sample that will give you 3-5 peels).

I am looking for a strong peel,but not for deep scars, i just want to get a bit more even complexion.

I am looking for a strong peel,but not for deep scars, i just want to get a bit more even complexion.

thye strongest stuff you'll find around town would probly be the loreal refurbish or whatever its called. Or if you live near an ulta you could get serious skin cares c-peel. There really isnt much stuff sold over the counter that is strong. You could stop into a derms office and see what products they sell (it would probably be more like strong lotions)but you dont need appt. to buy their products.

Most of the stuff you'd buy at target is going to be low-strength. The strongest I've heard of being sold OTC for a reasonable price is the alpha hydrox peel at 14%, and it's a pain in the ass to use because it's this cloth mask that doesn't actually fit your fact (at least, it doesn't fit mine) and has to be cut up. It's a waste of money because you get 6 uses of that for the same price as you get a pot with a bunch of uses (not sure exactly how many, I'm still on my first pot) of the 12% souffle that you can use more often. I also like the avon peel which you can get from an avon rep, avon.com, or amazon.com, but I wouldn't consider it strong. It's plenty strong for someone who hasn't used AHAs before -- 10% -- but I just consider it a glycolic acid toner, however it does have a lot of helpful botanical ingredients and it's helped my skin tone. If you're willing to pay about $200 you can go to neiman marcus and buy the natura bisse peel; I think they sell 25 and 50%. There are lots of websites to buy 30+% peels for much cheaper than natura bisse, but I've never used one because I'm wary of these small, shady websites, even if I do see people online who have successfully ordered from them.