Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
S and S

new haricut and ready for the job interview

i just got a new haircut today, after reciving a phone call that i had a job interview tomorrow at 1 o clock mountain time. its been about 1 year since i had my last hair cut and my hair was crazy long. so i prepared showered, shaved etc.. and dint look at the mirror when i left since i didnt want to see anything that might discourage me from going. well i didn't realise that the 10 % benzoyl peroxide i applied last night was going to cause these dark blotchy red marks to surface. i usually apply it only to my lesions but last night i got carried away and applied it to almost my whole left side more than thinly.. well after i shaved and showered i headed out to get my haircut, while getting it cut i took a glnace at the mirror and almost had a nervous breakdown. i swear to you im a 19 year old male and i almost broke down crying. i was like what the fuck! in my head. i noticed my whoel face was red blotchy red in certian spots, from where i applied the benzoyl peroxide. seriosuly i mean dark red almost like it was raw. i quickly paid and hauled my ass out of there. but before that i got an id and took apicture. i havent worked since my skin has been a bitch since i was 15 and i just never had the confidence or motivation to go work. finally i said enough is enough and my skin was looking much better so i put my applictions at these various jobs. well after a week ace cash ceck express comes calling and the guy said well ih ave a job interview at 1 tomorrow. im just so dissappointed in myself . i usualky use a scrub when i c leanse , since my skin is irritated i justed used water and put a load of aloe vera gel on . i also took all my vitmains and drank alot of water hoping for the best tomorrow. i just couldnt beleive it and i still cant. im just so fucking tierd of this crap already! i just want to be fucking normal if thats too much to fucking ask! i swear to God if i dont improve by tomorrow morning i will not be getting this job. i seriously dont want to be wasting m,y time. the guys going to take one looka t me and after he talks his tlak hes going to say well if these other people dont wrok out will give you a call/ basically saying no fucking way are we going to hire you! seirously dont want to be negative but really if you know what im tlaking about this styuff looks like it ate through my skin . my mom and dad are so happy for me and they are finally thinking im going to start living my life. i have yet to fucking get a driving license for God sakes! i did it to avoid getting my picture taken and seeing the harsh truth but obviously i got my id and had to take a pic so not much difference. i curse at God wondering what the hell did i do to deserve this crap. whatever i do i cant win. i swear i dont know what to do anymore. i hope i improve tomorrw and if not im just going to go in there and be super confident. even though inside im dieing inside. i feel just like going in ther and if this guy gives me a weird look im going to tell him listen dude! and i swear im going to open my heart out. i really need this Job. i need money to improve my skin and pay some of my credit cards off that i spent on shit products that odnt work. i swear my life is coming to a crashing hault. ppl have a hard time even looking at me and when they tlak they dont even look at me. hell i cant blame them i cant looking at myself either. its shit like that that eats me alive. please i need alot of encouragement possible.

I have experience a similar feeling. It's like, what the FUCK, when is it EVER going to get better? What did I/you do to deserve it?! I guess we were just dealt a bad fucking hand in faces.

i just got a new haircut today, after reciving a phone call that i had a job interview tomorrow at 1 o clock mountain time. its been about 1 year since i had my last hair cut and my hair was crazy long. so i prepared showered, shaved etc.. and dint look at the mirror when i left since i didnt want to see anything that might discourage me from going. well i didn't realise that the 10 % benzoyl peroxide i applied last night was going to cause these dark blotchy red marks to surface. i usually apply it only to my lesions but last night i got carried away and applied it to almost my whole left side more than thinly.. well after i shaved and showered i headed out to get my haircut, while getting it cut i took a glnace at the mirror and almost had a nervous breakdown. i swear to you im a 19 year old male and i almost broke down crying. i was like what the fuck! in my head. i noticed my whoel face was red blotchy red in certian spots, from where i applied the benzoyl peroxide. seriosuly i mean dark red almost like it was raw. i quickly paid and hauled my ass out of there. but before that i got an id and took apicture. i havent worked since my skin has been a bitch since i was 15 and i just never had the confidence or motivation to go work. finally i said enough is enough and my skin was looking much better so i put my applictions at these various jobs. well after a week ace cash ceck express comes calling and the guy said well ih ave a job interview at 1 tomorrow. im just so dissappointed in myself . i usualky use a scrub when i c leanse , since my skin is irritated i justed used water and put a load of aloe vera gel on . i also took all my vitmains and drank alot of water hoping for the best tomorrow. i just couldnt beleive it and i still cant. im just so fucking tierd of this crap already! i just want to be fucking normal if thats too much to fucking ask! i swear to God if i dont improve by tomorrow morning i will not be getting this job. i seriously dont want to be wasting m,y time. the guys going to take one looka t me and after he talks his tlak hes going to say well if these other people dont wrok out will give you a call/ basically saying no fucking way are we going to hire you! seirously dont want to be negative but really if you know what im tlaking about this styuff looks like it ate through my skin . my mom and dad are so happy for me and they are finally thinking im going to start living my life. i have yet to fucking get a driving license for God sakes! i did it to avoid getting my picture taken and seeing the harsh truth but obviously i got my id and had to take a pic so not much difference. i curse at God wondering what the hell did i do to deserve this crap. whatever i do i cant win. i swear i dont know what to do anymore. i hope i improve tomorrw and if not im just going to go in there and be super confident. even though inside im dieing inside. i feel just like going in ther and if this guy gives me a weird look im going to tell him listen dude! and i swear im going to open my heart out. i really need this Job. i need money to improve my skin and pay some of my credit cards off that i spent on shit products that odnt work. i swear my life is coming to a crashing hault. ppl have a hard time even looking at me and when they tlak they dont even look at me. hell i cant blame them i cant looking at myself either. its shit like that that eats me alive. please i need alot of encouragement possible.

Hey buddy. my god when I read this it seriously sounded like I had wrote it. I'm 19 as well and have been dealing with this shit since I was 13 or so. It really has consumed my life to the point where I avoid places, people, social situations, jobs, even school. Not all the time but it comes and goes. I used to be such a confident person but Ive been decimated these past years. I feel your pain man. I really do. I've tried everything as well (including the regimen) to no avail- atleast not significant improvement that lasts. I was on accutane for a month but then had to be taken off of it because my liver enzymes were 1100% above normal- apparently my body has a "rare reaction" to it. That was basically my big goal for the year- to stick out 6 months and be clear in the end, even if it was just for a year or two- but god gave me the shaft on that one as well. I don't drink, don't smoke, get 8-9 hours of quality sleep/ night, don't eat dairy nor sugar, try to remain stress free and think of the positives, and in fact I work out 5 days week with cardio/weight training (for the past 5 years). despite all this I still look like shit- skin wise. Acne has definately made me stronger on the inside and much more compasionate towards others, regardless of acne. I hope one day we can rejoyce with normal looking skin :cool: I can feel it on the horizon man. one day. Until then, we just have to suck it up and do our best to function as normally as possible despite our flaws. Everything happens for a reason. I wish you the best bro

I think they're going to be more interested in cleanliness and attitude, hope your skin lightens up and you nail it

:pray:

i cant relate 100% i know that feeling.

seeing yourself in the mirror and just having that sinking feeling like your falling into a black abyss tears welling up in your eyes just at the brink..barely holding on.

But im still here, trust me man it gets better. you know what i noticed? everytime i was employed my skin was less of an issue then when im unemployed because working takes ur mind off ur skin (most of the time). When u have a breakout u just wanna die but honestly i never had anyone say anything about my skin.

Theres ALOT of people who have bad skin who have jobs that i see often. So fuck it everybody needs some cash. im in the same position as u right now. skin lookin shitty cuz i went tanning and started a new regimen at the same time so its dry and fucked up.

Just go no matter what.

I hope you get the job...but remember appearance YES counts for many employers, unfortunately...but ACNE should not be your disqualification! It has most to do with your persona, your personality and experience. When you get interviewed keep a smile and sound energetic like you want to work. These are things employers will look at. I know it's difficult that your mind is set so much on how you look but you have to turn the other way because a job too can change your life around! So don't let acne completely govern your life.

I'm gonna give you a another tip, wear a nice colonge. ;)

Good luck amigo and god speed!

well you guys i just was typing a huge reply when all of a sudden my hands started fumbling and i hit the log off button on my keyboard. i dont know how the hell that happened.

well anyways i'll try this again. this can't be a good sighn. ENigma i dont leave home without it. i have obsession by calvin klein, it is somewhat a comfort garmet. i woke up today to notthing really different then again people say never to look a t your skin the moment you wake up because it looks worse or soem say better. contradictory, so i dont know. i noticed when i shave my skin seems to go to hell that same daybut after a few days afterwards without shaving it goes back to normal and looks nice. i hate shaving with a passion. everything hasnt changed and seems to have stayed the same. i really feel like crap as i write this. i just can't see how this guy is going to hire me. i was watching my parents expressions and all they seem happier and dont seem like anythign has changed. it's one of two things parents are lieing to be nice or mirrors lie. so i don 't know. i just wished i didn't apply that 10% benzoyl peroxide to my whole left side of my face. also, i notice im starting to breakout as well. there is this huge whitehead on the far left c orner of my face that is itching like hell. i mean huge not one of those little whiteheads that fall off when you cleanse. the whiteheads that leave bruises just like cyst if you know what i mean. the only thing keeping me sane is hopeing this guy hires me so i can buy accutane because i have no insurance and i really really need this. there wont be those blotchy red raw spots if it wasnt for the acne medication, me being an ass to some peopel because i feel liek shit, me not living my life and not going to college, and me being stuck in the house for the last 5 years if you get me. weird how one thing like a skin disorder fucks your life up. yte this shit isnt considered serious by some doctors. and i guess because they never had it before. well will see how it goes. im thinking of not going. but i know this red raw blotchyness will go away after a few days and im going to regret not going now., because i seirosuly need the money. i just hate my life and i hate how people cant stand looking at me. life is just so unfair it isnt even funny. people treat you like your dirty or stupid. im neither. hell i bathe sometimes 2 times a day and got my GED in about 1 week. although not great accomplishment to some, it isnt for me either. because i know i could do better if this disorder wasnt getting the bestt of me. hope to keep this thread alive. and i will keep you all posted. im just going to go in there confident , with a smile and see how ti goes. please God let me get hired.

well guys i just got back from the job interview. the guy was pretty nice. he thought i was a chick at first before he saw me. i guess he wants a achick so he can flirt with ro whatever. but all ina ll i was asked questions and etc.. made eye contact and smiled and laughed at his jokes when he made some. he said i should be hearing a phone call by tomorrow or the enxt day if i get the job. i hope so. that will give me some time to heal wihich im happy about. im still down . i haven't looked at my skin yet and dont want to until tomorrow morning i hope everything turns out fine. notthing worser could have happened today that can happen tomorrow, and i managed to get through. will see how it goes.

. the guys going to take one looka t me and after he talks his tlak hes going to say well if these other people dont wrok out will give you a call/ basically saying no fucking way are we going to hire you!

they wudnt hire an unconfident guy, believe me, my eng teacher used to work in a company where he had to hire ppl, he said he only hired confident ppl, hope it was a gud interview! :)

tell me how it goes ;)

Hey, I used to get those red blotchy spots on my face too, from using the 10% BP. I would apply it and then fall asleep with it on -- even a little bit was just too much.

Switch your dose to 2.5% BP and apply lightly, and a couple hours before you go to bed. This lets the BP start working before you smoosh your face into a pillow for nighty-nighty. And it lets your skin -breathe-.

If you have them the day of your interview, make sure you wake up around 8 or so, and look in the mirror. If the red blotchy things are still there, take some benedryll and fall asleep for a couple hours. Get up, get ready, and your face should be in at least better condition.

Good luck with that interview, too. :)