Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cj Rimer

Method that's working better for me.

The Clear Skin Regimen is awesome and seems to be helping a lot of people. However, I wanted to throw out there what I've discovered that helped me (male) more. Using the same general idea of the Clear Skin Regimen I switched products to Neutrogena for Men Skin Clearing Face Wash. It contains 1.5% Salicylic Acid. I generally use that once a day. Now for shaving, which I think is where a lot of my acne pops up, I use the same brand Skin Clearing Shave Cream which contains 1.0% Salicylic Acid. Using these during the day, then, overnight, using the On the Spot Acne cream (overnight's just my method of use, but I apply how the Clear Skin Regimen suggests) my skin's clearing up much better than with other products listed. Now, obviously this method works for me and like the Clear Skin Regimen didn't work as well for me, my method may not work for you. I just thought it might help at least one other the same way. Also, keep in mind that acne starts forming 6-8 weeks before it actually shows, so the improvement - as always - takes time.

Hope this helps.

Coleman Rimer

I tried salicylic acid for about 1 week and it made my skin feel weird and made my acne extremely red. nothing more popped up, but nothing went awaty either. it wasn't good for me. i also hear that over time salicylic acid combined with a BP regimen can highly irritate one's skin.

but hey that's just me! if it turns out to work out really well in a month or stops working, be sure to post! i'm interested.